Crown princess steaming home!

6pack

With the increase in crew getting sick, I would think they would have a hard time containing this. Do they quarantine the crew to their cabins? What if they share a cabin with someone that isn't sick but might be getting exposed because they share a cabin with someone sick?

Don't know about Princess but when we were on our Dec cruise on HAL our waiter was missing a couple of nights. When we inquired, found out that his room mate was sick so he was confined to his room also. I would think all cruise lines would take this approach especially now.

There are a number of crew sick, therefore we’re hoping they may bring some fresh crew onboard. What upsets us most is irresponsible and selfish passengers who defied the quarantine order. The Captain just indicated that infected passengers have been found outside their stateroom! They are checking cabin numbers at the dining room and comparing to a list of passengers that should be confined to their stateroom to ensure they are not going for dinner! Overall the passengers onboard are in good spirits. The way I look at this is we are still having a good time and it certainly makes it better knowing that Princess is refunding the entire week to all passengers. I believe this is very good will on Princess’ behalf, as I don’t blame them for this incident. I remember the SARS outbreak many years ago where they scanned you for temperature at the airports. If you had a fever you were not allowed to enter the country. I wish they would practice this pre boarding

There are a number of crew sick, therefore we’re hoping they may bring some fresh crew onboard. What upsets us most is irresponsible and selfish passengers who defied the quarantine order. The Captain just indicated that infected passengers have been found outside their stateroom! They are checking cabin numbers at the dining room and comparing to a list of passengers that should be confined to their stateroom to ensure they are not going for dinner! Overall the passengers onboard are in good spirits. The way I look at this is we are still having a good time and it certainly makes it better knowing that Princess is refunding the entire week to all passengers. I believe this is very good will on Princess’ behalf, as I don’t blame them for this incident. I remember the SARS outbreak many years ago where they scanned you for temperature at the airports. If you had a fever you were not allowed to enter the country. I wish they would practice this pre boarding

Noro has an incubation period where you may contract it and not see symptoms for 2-3 days, so even if someone has it, they wouldn't know it! I know everyone is trying be helpful by providing suggestions, but I trust the cruise line and CDC to take appropriate actions and do their best to prevent.

Correction: this sailing skipped Princess Cays and they told passengers they would dock in Curacao as early as 9am (rather than 1pm as normal) instead. However, it sounds like they never even made it to Curacao and are turning around right away, so it's a cruise to nowhere!

Very upsetting for those onboard, hope you are all staying as safe and healthy as possible!

If they hadn't made it to a foreign port since departing, how is it that they are allowed back into a US port?

Thanks for your continued updates on the condition of passengers and crew. I'm glad that you are managing to enjoy yourself despite the circumstances. Party on :)

Chris

They can request, and will be granted, an exceptional circumstances waiver.

Unfortunately, since the duty free shops were open, they will still need to clear customs.. I am not sure about immigration since they did not leave the ship.

If they hadn't made it to a foreign port since departing, how is it that they are allowed back into a US port?

Unfortunately, I can see the media taking this and turning it into something ugly and ominous sounding. And there will be the disgruntled PAX who will talk to the media and/or post on FaceBook, and make Princess out to be the bad guy. I foresee a publicity nightmare for Princess and CCL again.

It's already happened. MSNBC is running a video with a woman from the Crown's last sailing who claims she is a TA and not only will she not ever cruise Princess again but she will refuse to book them for clients. To those who know anything about NORO and how it is spread she does come across as pretty stupid but to those not in the know Princess probably looks pretty bad.

What upsets us most is irresponsible and selfish passengers who defied the quarantine order. The Captain just indicated that infected passengers have been found outside their stateroom!

They are probably the same people who refuse to use the hand sanitizers before entering one of the eating venues and who stroll right out of the bathroom without washing their hands.

I know it takes all kinds, but surely wish they wouldn't all cruise on Princess.

To the OP, stay well and keep up the right attitude!

Oh! The local and national media is going to have a field day when the Crown pulls in to FLL with a ship-load of unhappy campers! And it will be the loudest of the whiners and complainers that we'll be seeing interviewed on tv. It's going to be a media zoo and lousy PR for CCL and especially Princess. A Tampa radio station has been reporting last week's Noro outbreak on the Crown and Ruby as it's headline story for 2 solid days up until yesterday, so this unfortunate event will totally send them into orbit.:(

We just received a formal announcement from the Captain that our cruise is being terminated and we are returning to Ft Lauderdale! As a result of significant increase in NORO on board they CAN NOT continue the cruise. :mad: I can't believe what has just happened

Bummer 6pk....we board sat. Stay well if u r b2b....we hope they ge a handle on it.

Oh! The local and national media is going to have a field day when the Crown pulls in to FLL with a ship-load of unhappy campers! And it will be the loudest of the whiners and complainers that we'll be seeing interviewed on tv. It's going to be a media zoo and lousy PR for CCL and especially Princess. A Tampa radio station has been reporting last week's Noro outbreak on the Crown and Ruby as it's headline story for 2 solid days up until yesterday, so this unfortunate event will totally send them into orbit.:(

Not to mention that many non-cruising folks were already put off to the notion of a cruise vacation in the wake of the Concordia disaster. Definitely not good for CCL.

Well, I am on the Crown now also and not much I can add to the tail of woe.... most areas seem pretty deserted for the size of the ship as many are staying in their cabin....

I see many crew in the cabin hallways with "crash carts" as if they are disinfecting certain cains...they apparently strip the room of all cloth sheets, etc...saw some with white coveralls and masks on...

A crew member explained to me of the TOTAL disinfection routine prior to us boarding last Saturday...which had us board at 6PM...

Seems like they were short on alot of supplies as many things were not available...might be why they canceled Princess Cays since the food has to come from the ship....alot of supplies probabaly had to be destroyed and were hard to replace on short notice.

I will continue to sail with Princess.... in 20+ cruises with Princess, this is the first major incident I've encountered....

Bummer 6pk....we board sat. Stay well if u r b2b....we hope they ge a handle on it.

6pack: Presumably, you will have to leave the ship during the "layover" ;) Have you made interim arrangements before re-embarking for your B2B? Seems like you'll need to stay in a hotel for a couple of nights while the ship undergoes a bow-to-stern cleaning. Best wishes!

Chris

My feelings exactly.... Taxis, hotels, airports, airplanes..... :(

An ugly' date=' vicious cycle... infected passengers disembark ship, go to hotel, infect hotel guests who in turn board the next sailing.[/quote']

That's what I was thinking :(

What a mess!!!

We are absolutely gutted for all the passsengers aboard the Crown. Hopefully, in the fullness of time, a satisfactory outcome will evolve.

Sorry, it doesn't ease the distress for the current passengers, but to all those affected, our hearts go out to you.

Pete & Sally

I think we will stay in Ft Lauderdale for 2 nights and get back on for the Western Cruise. I'm hopeful they will have the ship totally disinfected as they have 48 hours to accomplish this. I don't believe this outbreak can be tied to Princess at all. I have never seen so many crew cleaning (all the time!) My ask to everyone boarding on Saturday; if you're sick DO NOT BOARD the Ship!!! Both of us wash and sanitize our hands all the time - we feel fine :) I'm not going to let this incident ruin my cruise. As I always say, a bad day at sea is better than any day in the office!!

:):(:)..You have a great attitude...just saw this...hope Fort Lauderdale has some terrific surprises for you and the refund can be used sooner than you think..wow...keep enjoying your vacation, good thoughts and stay well ...Sarah

Wow is all I can say......and that I will be on the crown march 17 th......I feel awful for all affected including princess.......I bet they wish they didn't go out this week at all..........I wonder if they let the crew get well totally before they go back to work......or if they give them a hard time when they start to feel sick???

So sorry to hear that your cruise is cut short. We are boarding on the 18th.

What do they do with staff that are infected, especially after cleaning the ship? Will they leave them off the ship for a sailing and put them in a hotel? I would think that would be a way to help control the spread.

I also agree that realistically, if someone is sick, they are not going to willingly agree to give up their vacation and stay home.

I guess my hands will be dry and raw from all the washing and disinfecting, but it will be worth it to stay healthy!

Thinking of everyone on this sailing and on the 11th. Keep healthy and safe. See you on the 18th!!!!

Danette

An ugly' date=' vicious cycle... infected passengers disembark ship, go to hotel, infect hotel guests who in turn board the next sailing.[/quote']

Just got off the Grand on Saturday and overnighted in FLL. The breakfest buffet at the hotel had no safe guards in place, everyone touching everthing.

I'm not a germaphobe, pretty much think what is going to happen is going to happen.

Exposed (but no outward signs) person gets off goes to hotel exposes the next group on the way to the ship.

You think the insides of the taxis and shuttles are getting cleaned after each use? Good luck.

Not anything Princess or anyone else can do about it.

My feelings exactly.... Taxis, hotels, airports, airplanes..... :(
Just remember the only thing they did not change was the Crew!!:eek:

Archived