So You Want To Skip Muster Drill???

F22Smitty

Thanks. It is nice so those that haven't already heard of this but even the moderators here at CC had an article about this in their news section.

Like you I love the idea and to us the cruise really doesn't start until the Muster Drill has been held and over with. :p

The lovely Mrs. Jones (Vita) and I agree. The cruise officially starts when the horn sounds signaling the conclusion of the "Muster Drill". (Let the FUN begin.) We wouldn't think of missing it!

"SKY"

I thought the cruise officially started after the meet and greet??!!?? Tell MS Vita we said hello. You do remember us, right? :D

HAL has it right . . . if they don't show, KICK THEM OFF

AGREE!!!!!!!!

Do you recall posts on here where people actually hid to get away with going to muster :rolleyes:

Ok...so they don't go to muster and they stay holed up in their cabin ????? Do they hide under the bed (GROSS) when the stewards check the cabins???

Yeah....sounds like a great time.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I seriously think that some people just get off on doing things they aren't supposed to or breaking rules.

Kicking their butts off is the way to handle it for sure.

Thanks. It is nice so those that haven't already heard of this but even the moderators here at CC had an article about this in their news section.

Like you I love the idea and to us the cruise really doesn't start until the Muster Drill has been held and over with. :p

Guess I missed it, but I do think the more people that see this and the more cruise lines keep it serious like HAL it will sink in and become the norm.

It's really a PIA for those of us who go to the drill to wait for those who either take their time, or decide it's not important enough to attend. I wish on every ship, and every cruiseline, they would kick the people off. I bet after a few cruises there wouldn't be too many people not going to the drill.

Enough said for me, lol.

If they are kicking people off for not going to the muster drill then they must be going back to the old way - taking roll call at the muster drill. How else would they know if you went or not?

I am all for it going back to taking roll. I have been on many many cruises and have never skipped the drill. People do not realize how important it is until it is too late.

Guest LoveMyBoxer
It's really a PIA for those of us who go to the drill to wait for those who either take their time, or decide it's not important enough to attend. I wish on every ship, and every cruiseline, they would kick the people off. I bet after a few cruises there wouldn't be too many people not going to the drill.

Enough said for me, lol.

You should do what we do, start clapping when the late comers come and tell them "Thank you so much for showing up, we were all waiting just for you!" Look on their faces ..... priceless!

Who cares.

Everyone is all up in arms over muster drills because of the Costa incident, yet the muster drills or lack of them had nothing to do with any loss of life on Costa, other than showing you the space to go in an emergency they are worthless.

Enough said for me, lol.

You know, I was thinking out loud last month while waiting for our muster drill to start. They should have it set-up to where you have to swipe your sail and sign card when entering your muster station. I would think this would save all the time that stewards waste checking rooms and everything. Then the computer would just tell them who didn't show, right? Just a thought.

Guest LoveMyBoxer
You know, I was thinking out loud last month while waiting for our muster drill to start. They should have it set-up to where you have to swipe your sail and sign card when entering your muster station. I would think this would save all the time that stewards waste checking rooms and everything. Then the computer would just tell them who didn't show, right? Just a thought.

Last time we sailed on Princess, this is what they did. They scanned your card when you entered the muster station. Maybe others will follow!

You should do what we do, start clapping when the late comers come and tell them "Thank you so much for showing up, we were all waiting just for you!" Look on their faces ..... priceless!

Geez, I never thought about doing that, but being in the back row, it's hard for those who show up late to hear me.

Who cares.

Everyone is all up in arms over muster drills because of the Costa incident, yet the muster drills or lack of them had nothing to do with any loss of life on Costa, other than showing you the space to go in an emergency they are worthless.

Sorry, but I have felt this way for a long time. Should some emergency occur, those who didn't go to the drill could make my exit more difficult. Good try though.

I agree with you. On Royal Caribbean they have people take attendance and anything that does so works for mel.

Who cares.

This is exactly what I was thinking.

From what I have read passengers on the Concordia were waiting at muster stations with life vests on before they were told to do so.

I guess it is important if there are people who don't know how to put on a life vest.

I can't imagine not knowing how to put on a life vest, but I guess there are people who don't.

They show us how to get to our muster station from a bar or the pool, but it would be kind of nice to know how to get there from the cabin.

Guest LoveMyBoxer
Geez, I never thought about doing that, but being in the back row, it's hard for those who show up late to hear me.

BE LOUD! LOL. Being from NY and working in NYC I have no problem with that! They delay my cruise from starting, I WILL embarass them! Also totally agree with you about those who do not attend will be the ones panicking and endangering everyone else!

This is exactly what I was thinking.

From what I have read passengers on the Concordia were waiting at muster stations with life vests on before they were told to do so.

I guess it is important if there are people who don't know how to put on a life vest.

I can't imagine not knowing how to put on a life vest, but I guess there are people who don't.

They show us how to get to our muster station from a bar or the pool, but it would be kind of nice to know how to get there from the cabin.

You're kidding, right? The instructions AND LOCATION of your muster station is on the back of your cabin door and within reaching distance to your life vests. Everyone should take a good look at it while there is light in your cabin. You just might not be able to take a look if the lights go out.

Who cares.

Half of the ships muster points were useless and underwater pretty quickly anyway.

Folks who skip it should be booted off. They are the ones who are going to slow it down for everyone else and endanger others.

Archived