FCO arrivals

TMLAalum

SIL/BIL flying in on AA arriving at 09:15, we are flying AC arriving at 09:45.

The airport website is not too helpful, but I would imagine that all international flights go thru a central passport control/customs exit and that we could meet up after we exit.

Any suggestions as to how to find each other? We will not have cell phone capabilities for communicating. Thx.

You should come to Terminal 3 for Baggage Claim and Customs. Right after you claim your baggage, you will enter a large lobby area. This is commonly referred to as the "Meeting Place". It is pretty hard to miss- right outside the sliding glass doors after you claim your baggage. Drivers picking up people meet here, and it is very easy to meet your family.

I agree with CruiserBruce, but since I tend to over-engineer things, I would suggest that your group agree on which direction to turn after exiting the customs control ("red lane" "green lane, nothing to declare").

After you pass this area, you will enter the main terminal, and it may be quite crowded. There is a column to the right as you exit, and it is labeled "Meeting point" or something similar (I think the black lettering is on a yellow background). There may also be one to the left, but I've never gone that way.

All parties in your group should check the arrivals information monitors because the flight that is expected to arrive early may be late.

Finally, you might want to consider a Plan B in case you completely miss each other, for whatever reason. Are you staying in a hotel in Rome? Do all persons know which one? Maybe allow some time (however long you are all willing to wait) after each of your flight's arrival and if you do not meet, then execute Plan B.

You should come to Terminal 3 for Baggage Claim and Customs. Right after you claim your baggage, you will enter a large lobby area. This is commonly referred to as the "Meeting Place". It is pretty hard to miss- right outside the sliding glass doors after you claim your baggage. Drivers picking up people meet here, and it is very easy to meet your family.

I agree with CruiserBruce, but since I tend to over-engineer things, I would suggest that your group agree on which direction to turn after exiting the customs control ("red lane" "green lane, nothing to declare").

After you pass this area, you will enter the main terminal, and it may be quite crowded. There is a column to the right as you exit, and it is labeled "Meeting point" or something similar (I think the black lettering is on a yellow background). There may also be one to the left, but I've never gone that way.

All parties in your group should check the arrivals information monitors because the flight that is expected to arrive early may be late.

Finally, you might want to consider a Plan B in case you completely miss each other, for whatever reason. Are you staying in a hotel in Rome? Do all persons know which one? Maybe allow some time (however long you are all willing to wait) after each of your flight's arrival and if you do not meet, then execute Plan B.

Thanks Bruce & SFCA- DH, me & a friend + 2 CruiseCritic friends are on the same AC flight and we all plan on sharing a transfer to Rome along with AA fliers BIL/SIL since our CC friends are staying in an apt a few #s from ours on Via Guilia.

Since our driver will have a sign with our name, that would be a logical place to meet. We do plan on checking with each other before we depart overseas to communicate flight status to FCO.

Plan B will be for BIL/SIL to catch a cab if they are delayed beyond our arrival because, from what I've learned on CC, the private transfer driver will have our AC flight # and track it to time our pickup.

Be sure you both have a Plan B....what if your flight is the one that's delayed?

I'd recommend if you haven't met by 10:45am for whatever reason, everyone proceeds to their accommodations. Simple and easy since you won't have phones, and everyone will be tired and jet-lagged. Just be sure everyone agrees to stick to the plan...I've seen "Plan B" unravel quickly when someone comes up with an ad-hoc Plan C !!

Archived