Is this the elusive Upgrade Fairy?

dadof2boys

Okay, so I DW and I are on our 7th cruise and have never once gotten "the call". However, when I checked me email tonight I see that I had an email from Carnival at 8:15 a.m. With this as a subject line, "Hurry! Upgrade your current stateroom for only $30! I mean is this what I have waited all this time for? An email? It gives a phone number with an offer code.

We are booked in a 7a obstructed balcony on the Spirit, my guess is that they will upgrade to an unobstructed view for the $30. Anyhow, not quite the upgrade I have dreamed of. I will call tomorrow to find out exactly (assuming it's still available)

Anyone else gotten an email like this before?

Yes...an upsell. But, I'd take that one. To go from an ob balcony to a non-ob balcony for $30...sounds good. We got a similar e-mail for our last cruise on the Glory. We were in a balcony right above one of the lounges (on upper deck) and got an upsell e-mail to move to verandah deck for $30 or $50...we took it because I was so worried about being above that lounge (Bar Blue). It was nice to be just 1 deck below Lido too.

yes, its the upsell fairy.... for 30 bucks, or even 30pp I would grab that deal, going from obstructed to unobstructed is a great upgrade!

The obstructed balconies on the Spirit class ships are not all that obstructed. The life boat is in front of the plexi glass, so you can't see out if you're sitting down, but no problem if you're standing up.

Personally, I love the 7A cabins for their price point and the fact that they are still a balcony and $30 is a lot of DOD's.

They have been emailing more lately it seems. But this is a pretty standard offer, usually its a room move in your same catagory, or a one cat upsell.

Don't expect to book an interior and get a $50 upsell into a suite, afterall: why would carival ever do that?:cool:

Okay, so I just got off the phone. The deal is 7a (obstructed view balcony) Which IMHO isnt really that obstructed to an 8k which is an extended balcony. All for a total of $30 for my family of four.

I didnt take it. I know, I know. Its just that I dont think it makes that big of a difference for me. We have been in the same cat. before and it really doesnt matter as long as we have a balcony to hang out in while the kids nap. But a great deal, for someone else.

Okay, so I just got off the phone. The deal is 7a (obstructed view balcony) Which IMHO isnt really that obstructed to an 8k which is an extended balcony. All for a total of $30 for my family of four.

I didnt take it. I know, I know. Its just that I dont think it makes that big of a difference for me. We have been in the same cat. before and it really doesnt matter as long as we have a balcony to hang out in while the kids nap. But a great deal, for someone else.

whatever works for you... but seriously.. this was a really good upgrade...

OK I am on your cruise so send the fairy my way!! I have a 7A & want the up sell!!

You're crazy! 8K's are a lot bigger. I would have taken that in a second.

You're crazy! 8K's are a lot bigger. I would have taken that in a second.

Alright, I read your post and called them back. We are now in an 8k for a total of $30. It actually worked out great because we were aft and camp carnival is all the way forward. So now we are next to the forward elevator bank. I know that doesn't affect everyone, but will definitely help out when picking them up at night.

I got a phone call tonight from the upsell fairy. She offered me an upgrade from our ocean view room on Empress deck to a grand suite for $670. When I booked the cruise initially back months ago I had gotten empress ov for the price of a riviera ov and $50 OBC. So we took the deal.

Some people may not think I got a great deal but I'm happy. We set sail on the Sensation in 30 days. By the way this is the second time we have been called by the upsell fairy. The same thing happened when we sailed the Elation back in Nov. 2010. We paid $700 more to upsell, but it was a five day cruise. Our upcoming cruise is a 4 day cruise.

My husband will be celebrating his birthday the day we board the Sensation, so I thought I would splurge.

Archived