Who has got upgrades/cabins changed after final payment

inaspin

How many people have had Princess upgrade them or change their cabins after final payment especially on Back to back cruises ?

Princess wont allow me to pay the difference because all the unsold cabins are on flash specials

They say "trust them " they are trying to arrange the same cabin

but its only 2 weeks to go and I hear nothing .........TA says they cant help cos its down to Princess

Princess claim its my TA

I dont know what to believe anymore

Theres still lots of unsold balcony cabins but they wont allow me to pay the difference between what i paid for what was supposed to be all there was to cabins that suddenly appeared after final payment ..........its all this crazy

"flash promotion" prices that are only for new bookings

Its simply no way to treat loyal passengers never mind platinum members

Although my b2b sailings are not until July 31/Aug. 10 - I fear I will have the same problem. (We are Elite)

Others on both saiings have had Guaranteed Cat AE Bookings Ugraded to Cat. AA with Cabins Assigned....but I have NOT -

now few cabins in the Mini-suite category for both sailings are showing up --

I know after Final Payment more will appear - but worried Princess will start the "New Bookings Only" Flash Promos - and I will be "stuck".

Princess also tells me "trust them" they will TRY to arrange the same cabin for both sailings - but cannot promise! My TA says it's up to Princess.............

I sure would hate to have to move cabins...

Don't know why my cabins are not assigned before there are NO more Minis left ???

Let me know how you make out - I'll be watching the boards - I'm off to catch the Sapphire in Osaka and will be back Mid-May.

Good Luck - GotToCruise:D (aka Renee)

We've taken several back to back cruises with Princess and have always stayed in the same cabin for both segments. We book guarantees and sometimes did not know our cabin number until we arrived at the dock. However, it's my hunch that you are less likely to get a significant upgrade if you need a cabin for several segments. It's harder for the cruise line to find a cabin that is available for all segments.

Renee I hope you and Lyman have a fabulous cruise from Osaka and that the weather is kind.

If I could have booked the same cabin I would have done there just werent any

I have offered to pay the $900 difference to get a balcony cabin right through all 4 sectors but Princess have refused ........they want $2000 because the $900 difference is for flash promotion only

That what is really galling $900 i dont mind .......$2000 is beyond budget

and why should Princess profit in such an underhand way

I dont think I shall cruise Princess again if thats their attitude

You can be upgraded any time up until the ship actually sails. One problem with guarantee bookings is that you have tacitly agreed to having no choice in your final cabin assignments in exchange for a better price. It wouldn't be fair to those of us who know what we want and book it if those who booked guarantees were able to pick and choose their cabins also.

What you do in the future is up to you.

This is why I picked a cabin number for my B2B on the Sea Princess! I spend a great deal of money just to get onboard (sailing single) and I'm not settling in for 7 days and then changing again for the next 14 days!

I don't want to spend pre-cruise time worrying what cabin I'll have or if I'll be changed, enough to worry about leaving my house for 23 days.

Susie

We were B2B on the Pacific Princess last summer and had to change cabins for the second leg. No big deal. We went from 12 days in a balcony cabin to 24 days in a mini. While on board though, we booked a 46 day B2B for this summer and chose our mini. I even went to the cabin to see which way the beds would face; somewhat important to me. :)

Arlene

I do have to agree with Coral on this one. When we cruise back to back it is VERY important to us not to have to change cabins on turn-a-round day. Therefore I always book a particular cabin for both sailings. Last time the same one was not available for the return. Our TA somehow contacted the cruise line and all of a sudden it became available to us since I had decided that if it was not, we would just cancel the entire cruise and wait until we could have the same cabin for each leg.

Those I have known in the past that have done the gurantee, maybe half were given the same cabin for both sailings, others had to switch cabins. So it seems to be a 50/50 chance of not having to switch after the first leg.

Best of luck to all of you, I hope things work out to your liking.

Just retured from the Coral. My sister had booked a handicapped cabin for her and my parents six months ago because my Mom was taking her wheel chair and her walker. This was a specific request. We left for Florida on 04/05/05. On 04/04/05, Princess reassigned this handicapped cabin and put my Mom, Dad and sister into an inside cabin on the Carib deck. We did not know of the change until we boarded and there was a problem with the cruise card which required they go to the pursers desk bebore they could get into a cabin. Since we could still reach our TA, we called and asked about the switch. The TA claims that they did not authorize any changes while the pursers office said that they got permission. No additional changes could be made because the ship was full. When going by the handicapped cabin the birthday balloons were still on the door which had been requested for my sister. My Mom is 80 years with limited mobility and getting around, especially with three adults, a wheel chair and a walker was very difficult.

My sister is going to follow up today and try and find out how a switch could happen three days before a cruise with no one callig and confirming the switch was OK when we booked a specific cabin and asked for no changes.

Carol

This really irritates me about Princess. I too am trying for an upgrade for our upcoming cruise(s), and am willing to pay for one. I don't know why they won't accomodate already booked passengers. It really leaves it at a crap shoot as to when to book. I know, I know, all the comments about when you buy airline tickets. But I do believe this is not the same situation, especially when they have people that are willing to pay the new difference.

About moving rooms on a b2b, we have moved before and it's really not that big of deal. Your room steward will help you and all we really had to do was pack our bathroom stuff. They took all our hanging clothes and "traded drawers", even moved our stuff in the fridge. They were very accomodating. It was all done in less than 30 minutes.

I myself booked a two segment cruise last year........over a year in advance and kept the same cabin. I would never go on guarantee on B2B because I like to keep the same cabin

If one books B2B as a guarantee then you have to take what Princess gives you :cool:

Last Sept/Oct, we were booked 2 different balconey cabins with a late booking and sold out first cruise. I asked the first day on ship if we could purchase an upgrade for second cruise---transatlantic--and was told that all minisuites were sold. We were BD. VOILA!--when the new keys were delivered to our room the night before turnaround, we were given a minisuite in AA category.---And no one at the pursers desk claimed any knowledge of this wonderful upgrade. I was just wanting to say thank-you to someone behind that desk. Good things can happen.-and the move was quite easy.----Hope the upgrade fairy visits you......

Last Sept/Oct, we were booked 2 different balconey cabins with a late booking and sold out first cruise. I asked the first day on ship if we could purchase an upgrade for second cruise---transatlantic--and was told that all minisuites were sold. We were BD. VOILA!--when the new keys were delivered to our room the night before turnaround, we were given a minisuite in AA category.---And no one at the pursers desk claimed any knowledge of this wonderful upgrade. I was just wanting to say thank-you to someone behind that desk. Good things can happen.-and the move was quite easy.----Hope the upgrade fairy visits you......

Yippee! I bet that made your trip even more terrific!!!! What a wonderful surprise!!

We got an upgrade after final payment for our May 22 sailing. TA said they really went to bat with Princess to get the upgrade for everyone that booked through them, but that the TA really doesn't have much control over the upgrade process. All TA can do is ask and hope Princess says yes. I think some TAs are more willing to push Princess to give upgrades than others, and even then, TAs aren't always able to get an upgrade even if they push for one.

Sure hope something happens and thoroughly agree Princess policy of refusing existing bookings the facility of paying for an upgrade is totally crazy

The Handicapped cabin scenario is totally appalling and makes no sense whatever because the one and only outside cabin that was available on all 4 sectors when I booked was totally denied to me simply because they had to keep it strictly for wheelchair passengers

So I would give Princess hell for moving your 80 yr old Mother like that

WCAB I am truly stunned that Princess would take away an accessible cabin from someone who uses a wheelchair. However, I think I read somewhere that Princess will not allow three adults in a "handicapped" cabin. Maybe Princess realized the mistake at the last minute but that is still no excuse for taking that cabin away from someone in a wheelchair.

WCAB I am truly stunned that Princess would take away an accessible cabin from someone who uses a wheelchair. However, I think I read somewhere that Princess will not allow three adults in a "handicapped" cabin. Maybe Princess realized the mistake at the last minute but that is still no excuse for taking that cabin away from someone in a wheelchair.

I do not think this was the reason for the change. Since my Mom and Dad are 80 and 85, they need the assistance, so my sister always travels with them and Mom has been in a handicapped cabin on the last three cruises with Princess.

The TA confirms they never gave the OK for any switch and we were not aware they had been placed in a regular inside cabin until we boarded the ship.

This was upsetting as the handicapped cabin was selected six months ahead of the cruise and we had checked the personalizer just days before the cruise and all seemed to be in order. This was a last minute switch. The birthday balloons for my sister were left on the original cabin and the egg crate mattresses that had been requested were not transferred to the 2nd cabin. Even their cabin card still had the original cabin number on it.

Carol

Today (4/19), I received an upgrade for the 4/23

SAPPHIRE PRINCESS sailing ... category E to BB. :) It's never too late!

Congratulations...avery nice upgrade indeed. Thanks for sharing your good news, it gives the rest of us hope!! Enjoy your cruise!!

from af to ab c220, any body had this cabin on the island, we sail may 7 2005,hope get get bumped up to a full size. :rolleyes:

We were in C216 on the Coral (sister to Island)...loved the cabin....you will too! Have a nice cruise!

Archived