Help

AngelDolly

I agree...... speak with someone at your hotel and they can direct you to the nearest liquor store. Don't panic if there isn't one relatively close. They sell drinks on the ships so you'll be able to have ''beverages'. :)

Does anyone know how I can get to a nearest Liquor store from Orlando International Airport? I am staying at the hotel in the airport but need to purchase a couple of bottles of alcohol to take on a cruise with me. Help?;)

I see you are sailing on the Disney Dream, which does allow alcohol to be brought onboard in your carryon only. Can you see if your hotel shuttle driver could take you to a nearby liquor store like ABS or even drug store like CVS, Walgreens, Publix? Alternatively, you could take a taxi from the hotel to a store. Can you bring it with you in your checked bags if you are flying?

I see you are sailing on the Disney Dream, which does allow alcohol to be brought onboard in your carryon only. Can you see if your hotel shuttle driver could take you to a nearby liquor store like ABS or even drug store like CVS, Walgreens, Publix? Alternatively, you could take a taxi from the hotel to a store. Can you bring it with you in your checked bags if you are flying?

I'm thinking that Florida has package stores and OP isn't gonna fid happiness at a grocery.

Front desk for info and a taxi would seem to be the solution.

I'm thinking that Florida has package stores and OP isn't gonna fid happiness at a grocery.

No, you can purchase anywhere.

Where to Buy Alcohol

Beer, wine, and liqueurs can be purchased in retail stores, grocery, and convenient stores in Florida. Spirits are available in retail package stores. Bars and restaurants stop serving alcohol between 1 a.m. and 7 a.m. Alcohol is not sold on Sunday, although a few counties are licensed to sell alcohol seven days a week, 24 hours a day.

Does anyone know how I can get to a nearest Liquor store from Orlando International Airport? I am staying at the hotel in the airport but need to purchase a couple of bottles of alcohol to take on a cruise with me. Help?;)

Are you certain you are permitted to take alcohol on your cruise? Most cruise lines will confiscate it and only return it when you depart cruise. Celebrity allows 2 bottles of wine per cabin. I know Royal Caribbean does NOT permit you to bring your own. You better check this out.

We DO NOT have package stores in FL. I buy beer and wine at grocery stores, WalMart and liquor stores. We have ABC liquor stores in almost every town/city. There are other liquor stores in FL to but don't know names. Look up ABC on web.

She wants LIQUOR not wine or beer, and liquor is only sold at liquor stores or other stores with a spirits permit. She is staying at the Hyatt at the airport, she would have to take a cab.

We DO NOT have package stores in FL. I buy beer and wine at grocery stores, WalMart and liquor stores. We have ABC liquor stores in almost every town/city. There are other liquor stores in FL to but don't know names. Look up ABC on web.

Poster is on Disney, which allows alcohol including wine, beer liquor to be brought on board in your carry-on.

No, you can purchase anywhere.

Where to Buy Alcohol

Beer, wine, and liqueurs can be purchased in retail stores, grocery, and convenient stores in Florida. Spirits are available in retail package stores. Bars and restaurants stop serving alcohol between 1 a.m. and 7 a.m. Alcohol is not sold on Sunday, although a few counties are licensed to sell alcohol seven days a week, 24 hours a day.

Wrong. Most CVS and grocery stores do not carry spirits, only beer and wine. A different license is required.

The best bet is to take a cab to the liquor store in Publix Plaza in Belle Isle. It's probably a $15-20 cab ride each way, plus tip of course.

As far as I know it's the closest liquor store to MCO.

The other option would be to bring it with you. The only FAA approved way to put alcohol on a plane is in a styropack shipper. A better local wine shop that offers shipping service should be able to sell you one for about $5.

Thank you for the information, being that you are from the area how about the area by the Florida Mall are there any liquor stores there? I searched and the 111 bus goes from the airport to the florida mall in 20 minutes for only $2 bucks. I think that is better than a cab ride charging $20 dollars to go and $20 dollars to return. Since I have all day to kill I can squeeze in the bus ride.

I see you are on Disney Dream. I seriously doubt Disney would allow you to bring liquor on board. They are all about making money and would want you to purchase their drinks.

Disney Cruise Line’s current policy states:

** Alcohol must be carried onboard — not packed in checked luggage.

** There is no quantity limit per se, but carry-on bags cannot exceed 22 inches wide, 14 inches high and 9 inches deep.

** Coolers are not allowed onboard, except for medical reasons.

** A corkage fee is charged for all bottles opened by a wine steward.

** Liquor purchased in port or in duty-free shops is held until debarkation.

Thank you for the information, being that you are from the area how about the area by the Florida Mall are there any liquor stores there? I searched and the 111 bus goes from the airport to the florida mall in 20 minutes for only $2 bucks. I think that is better than a cab ride charging $20 dollars to go and $20 dollars to return. Since I have all day to kill I can squeeze in the bus ride.

The only place I can think of is the ABC a few miles north of the mall on So OBT. Dicey area only a few blocks from the start of the worst "hood" in Orlando. I wouldn't in good conscious suggest you go there.

if you show your cruise boarding pass, could you get it at the duty free shop in the airport? You are leaving the country???????:cool:

You may be leaving the country on the ship but you have to travel from the airport to the ship, IN the country, so no duty free. Years ago, there used to be small duty free shops in a few of the Port Everglades terminals and they would sell liquor, perfume, cigarettes etc

You would buy it while waiting to board and whatever you bought was delivered to your cabin after the ship sailed.

That ended some years ago. ;)

Archived