Suite Question

Suzy Q

On the daily afternoon tea and canapes, how/when do you order these? And when (time) are they delivered? Do we talk to our steward in he AM or order on the phone later in the day? Can we order in the AM for later in the day delivery with a specified time? What about the swapping out liquor choices? On embarkation?

On the daily afternoon tea and canapes, how/when do you order these? And when (time) are they delivered? Do we talk to our steward in he AM or order on the phone later in the day? Can we order in the AM for later in the day delivery with a specified time? What about the swapping out liquor choices? On embarkation?

We never had tea in our room, but we had chocolate covered strawberries every afternoon. The room steward leaves a card with your options when he/she does the evening room cleaning, and then you check off what you want on the list, write or check off (I can't remember which) what time you want the order delivered and hang the card on your cabin door at night. Then, like magic, they appear around the time requested. You can mix and match - sometimes we'd check the strawberries and something else, and we'd get both, although, generally it was a total of six pieces.

You can swap out the liquor any time you want - on embarkation or any other time during the cruise. Just call room service and tell them what you want.

Room service will handle both of those things. For Tea, I called at about 4pm and after suite verification they delivered it immediately. For the daily canapes, you are given a little ticket with the different choices each evening at turn-down. You fill it out and hang it on the door and the canapes of your choice will be delivered between 4 and 5 the next day. If you forget to fill out the card, room service will call you for your order. Once onboard, call room service and tell them what liquor choices you would like traded. They are happy to do so. You also will have a full breakfast menu for room service that is left each evening for the next morning.

We never had tea in our room, but we had chocolate covered strawberries every afternoon. The room steward leaves a card with your options when he/she does the evening room cleaning, and then you check off what you want on the list, write or check off (I can't remember which) what time you want the order delivered and hang the card on your cabin door at night. Then, like magic, they appear around the time requested. You can mix and match - sometimes we'd check the strawberries and something else, and we'd get both, although, generally it was a total of six pieces.

You can swap out the liquor any time you want - on embarkation or any other time during the cruise. Just call room service and tell them what you want.

Does this also apply to the mini-suites?

You mentioned a full breakfast menu - you can also get a full dinner menu, correct?

On the Emerald in Nov. anyone could order from the regular dinner menu for in-room service. (I'm not sure about lunch). They never made any announcement to the fact but I called to confirm it & they told me that doing so might take up to 45 minutes for delivery. This idea might be spreading to other ships as well in the future. They also never provided a menu in the room so you'd have to know what's available from reading the menu during the day or rely on their description of the items.

On the Emerald in Nov. anyone could order from the regular dinner menu for in-room service. (I'm not sure about lunch). They never made any announcement to the fact but I called to confirm it & they told me that doing so might take up to 45 minutes for delivery. This idea might be spreading to other ships as well in the future. They also never provided a menu in the room so you'd have to know what's available from reading the mtenu during the day or rely on their description of the items.

I've never heard that before - did you order the regular dinner or just hear someone say they did?? there is always someone here saying they got this or that suite perk and I really don't believe they did.

Yes, you (full suites) can also order MDR lunch but only on days at sea (they no longer serve MDR lunch on port days which is a shame - love eating on the balcony while in port - not that big of a deal -we really don't eat that much at home).

Full suites - not mini's should receive the next day's menus in your cabin the night before. We have always gotten them until our last Christmas cruise. I asked the steward and he had to talk to his supervisor. I mentioned it to the maitre'd and he was upset and said "You will receive them every night if I have to deliver them myself"

I've never heard that before - did you order the regular dinner or just hear someone say they did?? there is always someone here saying they got this or that suite perk and I really don't believe they did.

I had read about here on CC a few months before we left in Nov on the Emerald. I didn't order any food for us for the cabin as I don't like eating in the room or balcony, period. I only called room service to inquire about the possibility of ordering since we were only in a regular balcony cabin & I wanted to confirm what I had previously read...and yes I could have ordered any & all of the items on the dinner menu. The only stipulation is that it might take up to 45 minutes for them since it had to be obtained from the galley. I suppose they just bring all the items, appetizer, soup, main course & dessert all covered and drop everything on the counter. Unless you had a suite or at least a mini suite with a coffee table where you eat? (balanced on the edge of the bed?) :p Not my idea of a relaxing dinner.

Maybe it was only a trial at the time & now discontinued??? They never did advertise that it was available.

Could be - you never know what they might do. I know on every cruise I have been on in a suite, that there has been at least one time when I called room service that the person (different than normal one that answered) has said "sorry but the MDR menu is only for suites" and when I said "i'm in a suite" they apologize.

As I said you never know but when the cruise lines are doing cut backs, i can't see them adding that - they would have to add to the room service staff.

Archived