Concierge veranda room

leese

We are tentatively booked in a veranda room and are wondering if it is worth upgrading to a concierge veranda room. It is not that much more $$ however, we could of course use that $$ toward tours, wine etc. We understand the listed differences on the web site, but would like some personal insights from those who may have enjoyed the concierge level in the past.

We had a concierge veranda on the Marina for a TA in November.

Pros

Being higher on the ship as it is less stairs up to the Lido deck .

Having morning pastries, coffee machine (cappuccino etc) and juice almost outside our cabin. One could get the same from room service but that isn't something we do very often.

Having access to a computer that worked nearby. My iPod and the provided laptop seldom worked in our cabin.

Having access to newspapers in the lounge.

Not so useful

The concierge himself didn't impress me. I found he was slow in getting results, for example changing dining reservations. It appeared more effective to see the person at the desk in the public area. I know some others were also not impressed but maybe it worked for others.

Sandwiches always seemed to "off" whenever we really needed something so the snacks only worked for us in the morning.

Hope this helps.

We only once actually sat in the lounge but it was well utilized by others so that is personal preference.

I liked booking my specialty restaurant and culinary classes 60 days out instead of 45 (non-concierge) I was able to get all 4 specialty reservations at the date and time of choice and both cooking classes I wanted!

We will order hot breakfast to our cabin on those long tour days. (a great perk)

Cabins are the same size it just depends on if you want the extra perks

We had no trouble getting our specialty reservation at 45 days out for the B4 Cat ;)

Very very seldom order breakfast in so that is not of any value to us

YMMV

We just came off the Marina, had booked a B4 cabin and were upgraded to an A4Concierge Level. No, I would not pay for the extra amenties. A nice treat, but nothing I really needed or wanted. All my specialty restaurant reservations had been booked previously and on a 2 week cruise, 1 dining in each is sufficient. Why anyone wants to hang around that Concierge lounge is beyond me, unless perhaps to read the newspaper quickly. Who need snacks with so much food around? To each his own.

To me size matters more than strokes... The concierge is the same size as the B4 and actualy has a smaller veranda ( 42 vs 140) in A B4 large veranda....

That is of value to me more than anything

It is wonderful that you are so enthusiastic about the Stateroom that you have chosen for yourself, however, as not everyone is as proficient in reading a deck plan as you are, it should be noted that not all of the B4 cabins have the extended verandas that you are so crazy about.

In fact, the split is about 50% with the larger veranda and 50% without.

Sorry, I forgot to mention only the fore and aft b-4 have the large balcony, not amidship.

What like as much as the size it that there is a very short overhead and over 1/2 the veranda is nice and airy,

Yes folks can , from upper short verandas on yours. That dosent bother me. Maybe I can sell tickets if ther is enough interest in peering down?

Ill just look back up at em'.....

Finaly the air flows and stability of the aft are from my experience on other ships, way better.

Archived