Past Guest program changes ?

maxamuus

No - they just talk about changing it. Maybe someday.

I am sure they plan to do this, just that it is very complicated and they want to do it right.

Should have it done about the same time as the 1000 th anniversary of the signing of the signing of the Magna Carta

Whoah . . . Carnival is changing its Past Guest program???!!!

:D

Something about the number of days at sea vs. number of cruises. Apparently they realized that people who sale multiple 3 day cruises get perks a whole lost sooner that people who take 7+ day cruises, that is unless someone takes alot of 7+ day cruises. Any way, we have been waiting for some definition, even though we wouldn't qualify either way for a while.:o

I just finished cruise #9 last week, and have my 10th scheduled for Sept. 1 and my cruise docs are showing VIP so I must be in!

Already printed the general docs. So hopefully even if they do change it before August 13th 2019 I will be grandfathered in :)

Same for me (except my upcoming 10th is in October). Don't forget to print your luggage tags too. They are also ready to print now and also have VIP printed on them.

I still don't think that anyone will have to be grandfathered into the new program, whatever it will be. Since it is going to be number of days and not number of cruises if you look at the current threshholds and the new ones there won't be a problem. I think the second level will be the current Platinum and that will be 25 - 74 days. The least number of days currently would be 10 - 3 day cruises or 30 days. That fits in the second level. I think the third level will be the current Milestone. The least number of days for Milestone now is 25 x 3 days = 75 days. The third level will be 75 - 224 days. The fourth level will be at 225+ days and there is no current equivalent. This is where the changes are most needed. I also think that there will be no correlation between the current perks and the new ones. Some may be kept but given at different levels. Some will be eliminated (some already have been), and there will be new perks especially at the fourth level. I honestly don't think anyone that has 75 or so days could think they would move into the fourth level. I really like the idea of using days instead of cruises. I never could understand a 3 day and a 12 day, or longer cruisde, having the same credit. We're still waiting and I hope it will be this year since we will be in the fourth level on 9/1/12.

Ha HA HA Ha ,,,the last it was to be done in spring of 2012. That may slip to fall of 2012 that could slide to 2013. That will make about 4 years they have been playing with this, now I may be wrong maybe only 3 years. So we all have to just stand by.The decisions for the programs must a very hard process, and then it has to be entered into the carnival puter system, you all know how that will go and then sometime down the yello brick road walla we will have the greatest program on the 7 seas. Bet the farm, well maybe not.

Archived