favorite foods in Blue Lagoon?

EileenN

I hate to rain on the US pax parade but we had fish and chips in the Blue Lagoon one day and it was awful. Fish and chips (proper UK version) just does not seem to travel well. I love their buffalo wings however (any US pax feel free to slag me off about them being a pale imitation...):D

I hate to rain on the US pax parade but we had fish and chips in the Blue Lagoon one day and it was awful. Fish and chips (proper UK version) just does not seem to travel well. I love their buffalo wings however (any US pax feel free to slag me off about them being a pale imitation...):D

I agree 1000% I was not impressed at all with the fish and chips. But like the cheesecake better that the cheesecake in Cagneys!

I loved stopping at the Blue Lagoon on the Jewel and the Gem after the late show for a 'nightcap' of decaf and a slice of their heavenly cheesecake with raspberry garnishment. Delectable. I believe they close somewhere around 4 or 5 am for an hour for heavy cleaning...

Been to Blue Lagoon many times on many ships. It's fast food that isn't all that great, and often not very fast. About half the time the service is HORRIBLE. The food looks and tastes like microwaved stuff you would buy at 7-11. The best thing I can say about it is you won't go away hungry...

Oh, and it's free.

I haven't been to England, but San Diego has some pretty great fish and chips and I totally agree. I found it to be inedible. I did think their wings were fine though.

Does that include the sit down meals also? I also read you have to pay for orange juice for breakfast?

You have to pay for soda any where you drink it on the ship, unless you bring your own on board.....which is fine.

You can get regular oj, apple, cranberry juice for breakfast for free. They do as well have fresh squeezed juices for a fee on some ships. You can get iced tea for free all day as well as coffee.

That had to be very recently. :(

We got off the GEM on the 8th, I ordered fish and chips about 6 times during the cruise and never once did they bring the smashed peas. :)

Curiously enough I ordered the brownie sundae about 6 times as well, and only twice did it have nuts although it does say nuts in their description.:confused:

Most everything at the Blue Lagoon was good. Be prepared to eat there alot as the food everywhere else is awful! NCL was the only time I lost weight on a cruise. :eek:

I did too and half way through the cruise my shorts were falling down. I was pissed because I was so uncomfortable throughout the rest of the cruise because of my ill fitting clothes. Now I am travelling with two dif sizes just incase. For the record I am small 5ft 2 and lean to begin with so losing weight for me isn't a good thing.

Smiles

You have to pay for soda any where you drink it on the ship, unless you bring your own on board.....which is fine.

You can get regular oj, apple, cranberry juice for breakfast for free. They do as well have fresh squeezed juices for a fee on some ships. You can get iced tea for free all day as well as coffee.

Southerners should note that the ice tea (at least on all of my cruises) is unsweet and cannot be turned into sweet tea.

I guess that it is a matter of taste, but I've had fish and chips in London. Not a fan. Sorry.

I loved stopping at the Blue Lagoon on the Jewel and the Gem after the late show for a 'nightcap' of decaf and a slice of their heavenly cheesecake with raspberry garnishment. Delectable. I believe they close somewhere around 4 or 5 am for an hour for heavy cleaning...

It might just be to change the oil in the fryers...:D!

Archived