Travel Insurance

theneals4

So who do you use?? I have carnival right now, but im thinking i could save a few bucks using somebody else with better benifits. Thanks guys!

You can get a lot more coverage for a better price if you use insuremytrip.com.

I usually end up with a Travelguard policy but there are many to compare to that will fit your particular needs.

You can get a lot more coverage for a better price if you use insuremytrip.com.

I usually end up with a Travelguard policy but there are many to compare to that will fit your particular needs.

I go to squaremouth for quotes - and same, I usually end up with Travel Guard.

I have used both of these and can vouch for them. They are 95% the same in what they offer. You can save big money over what Carnival charges.

Keep an eye on things like travel delay coverage. Some of the fine print may say that a trip has to be delayed by 24 hours before it kicks in. I have traveled a lot and I have never had a trip delayed by 24 hours, if it is the next day, the delay is really usually 12-18 hours. You could have a 5pm flight and get on a flight at 3pm the next day and these 24 hour policies would not cover you.

insuremytrip has a great comparison tool to check out the benefits. I think squaretrade had the same, but I do not recall. Just a note, you will not save anything by going directly to the insurance companies' sites. What is listed on insuremytrip and squaretrade is the lowest available price.

I agree with one of the other responders. I always get Travelguard. I really don't read the policy, as I would have to be a "lawyer" to read all the fine print. :)I trust my TA that I go through here in my area, and have no problems. Normally if I am flying, I don't take out insurance. If I am flying and cruising, I always do. The way I am charged, is by the cost of my cruise and flight combined together. At least a couple times, the insurance has come in handy.:)

We always get it, never thru the cruise line, always thru insuremytrip dot com, and have had to use it. Many on here are tired of our heart attack on board the ship story! We have used Travel Safe and TravelGuard.

I always use either insuremytrip.com or I go through my American Express card. I don't usually purchase trip cancellation so last time we cruised I just bought medical and evacuation from Amex for a total of $50 for me and my husband.

We used USAA for one trip and "self insured" on the the other two. I know I'm taking a chance, but if the trip is short and inexpensive, we don't get insurance. It will SUCK to need a medical evacuation, but we could somehow deal with it... any other loss would just be super annoying, but we know we are taking a risk.

Archived