Princess no longer stopping at any Mexican ports

Corinne Marie

According to the Princess 2012-2013 catalog, Princess is no longer stopping at any Mexican ports during their Panama Canal cruises. They are smart. How come HAL won't do the same?

If you don't like it stay on the ship or book another cruiseline that goes where "you" want it to go :rolleyes:

Ashland,

I always do travel to where I want to go....It is the Panama Canal this time. With all that the state dept has been advising on Mexico, it will be a cruise with many sea days and I am okay by that. Just surprised that HAL has not amended their itinerary for our cruise in April, but they may before that time, as it becomes riskier to stop in some of the Mexican Ports. Anyway, just to be on a cruise, even if it is 11-14 sea days,it is way better than being at work for that time....

We stopped in Cozumel in November on Nieuw Amsterdam and while I know Cozumel is not on the 'warning list' and we had no problem there at all, I would not return to any Mexican port in the near future. It makes me sad as we've enjoyed our visits there but unfortunately it is off my list for now.

We stopped in Cozumel in November on Nieuw Amsterdam and while I know Cozumel is not on the 'warning list' and we had no problem there at all, I would not return to any Mexican port in the near future. It makes me sad as we've enjoyed our visits there but unfortunately it is off my list for now.

Sadly for us too, its just not worth it to me right now.

We do a full transit next March (2013) and Cabo is still showing on our itinerary. :confused:

Cabo (and most of the tourist areas in Mexico) is perfectly fine! We spend a month there every year, have many american friends who live there full time and it is as safe or safer than our hometowns.

I bet if you check the crime stats in your own hometown and those of the Mexican town that you are planning on visiting, you will fine that it is more dangerous to stay home! Do your research on the actual town you are visiting and don't assume that the entire COUNTRY is dangerous. Would you stop visiting Denver CO because there was crime in New Orleans?

It just doesn't make sense to panic when it is not nesessary. We are excited for our upcoming trip to Cabo as usual! We will be condo shopping and hope to start living there part-time in less than 3 years.

Cabo (and most of the tourist areas in Mexico) is perfectly fine! We spend a month there every year, have many american friends who live there full time and it is as safe or safer than our hometowns.

I bet if you check the crime stats in your own hometown and those of the Mexican town that you are planning on visiting, you will fine that it is more dangerous to stay home! Do your research on the actual town you are visiting and don't assume that the entire COUNTRY is dangerous. Would you stop visiting Denver CO because there was crime in New Orleans?

It just doesn't make sense to panic when it is not nesessary. We are excited for our upcoming trip to Cabo as usual! We will be condo shopping and hope to start living there part-time in less than 3 years.

Agree...Our Feb 18th PCL cruise has sold out and all the upcoming ones are nearly sold out also..Most it seems are not concerned about the Mexican Riviera and proned to panic when these ports don't warrent it ;):)

I'm not worried about Cabo, I was just stating that because the original poster said that Mexican ports were no longer on Princess itineraries. :) That's not correct.

According to the Princess 2012-2013 catalog, Princess is no longer stopping at any Mexican ports during their Panama Canal cruises. They are smart. How come HAL won't do the same?

If the cruise line cancels or skip a port for any reason, don't they have to give all passengers a refund for the port fee/charges that they do not incur but already paid for by the passengers?

If the cruise line cancels or skip a port for any reason, don't they have to give all passengers a refund for the port fee/charges that they do not incur but already paid for by the passengers?

Don't know if they have to but every port I have missed or the price has dropped we have gotten an OBC on our account.

The Cruise Contract you agree to gives them the right to make any changes they feel is necessary at the time...Any compensation they may or may not offer is at their discretion....

The Cruise Contract you agree to gives them the right to make any changes they feel is necessary at the time...Any compensation they may or may not offer is at their discretion....

Rightfully so if they change to another port. But if they skip a port altogether, they should do the refund, not that they will all the time. Do we ask for it or just wait to be lucky?

Cabo is the most unappealing place I have been in Mexico.

As for cruises stopping in other ports or not, and if it is "smart" or not, the market will decide that. I would go with more stops in Mexico.

Gosh I loved Cabo when we cruised that side of Mexico.. I enjoyed Matzatlan, but would not want to go there now given the current state there. Was less then impressed with Pureto Vallarta..

Would love to do a land based vacation in Cabo

Gosh I loved Cabo when we cruised that side of Mexico.. I enjoyed Matzatlan, but would not want to go there now given the current state there. Was less then impressed with Pureto Vallarta..

Would love to do a land based vacation in Cabo

Me too! We spend at least a month there every year and are condo shopping to live there half the year soon! Everyone likes different places but we LOVE Cabo!

We live in Puerto Valarta for 2 months a year (am there right now) and have no concerns about safety. It is true that the cruise lines have reduced or eliminated the Mexican Riviera from their itineraries, but in cities like PV and Cabo things are perfectly fine and a lot safer then most places in the US. In PV we routinely are on the streets night and day with absolutely no fears. The most dangerous think in PV is getting hit by a car when crossing the street :)

Hank

We live in Puerto Valarta for 2 months a year (am there right now) and have no concerns about safety. It is true that the cruise lines have reduced or eliminated the Mexican Riviera from their itineraries, but in cities like PV and Cabo things are perfectly fine and a lot safer then most places in the US. In PV we routinely are on the streets night and day with absolutely no fears. The most dangerous think in PV is getting hit by a car when crossing the street :)

Hank

We will be arriving onboard PCL Sapphire next Tuesday...How's the weather looking for then ?

Archived