Thanksgiving Cruises

awesomundo

I am taking my honeymoon cruise during the week of Thanksgiving this year. I was just wondering if there are normally a lot of children on cruises during this time (generally speaking). At first I wasn't thinking there would be, but I know kids usually have a few days out for school. I don't mind kids, I just want to be prepared :)

We have gone on cruises over Thanksgiving week out of Miami for the last two years. The Imagination holds about 2400 people-there were about 800 kids each cruise. We do not do the clubs and are not out by the pools, so no problem with kids. The only problem we ran into was RUDE adults, most in large groups, so they thought they had the run of the ship and the dining rooms.

That being said, the first Thanksgiving, it was the mos tromantic cruise we ever took!!

I would suggest a balcony cabin and when picking a cabin, look at the deck plans and make sure you have cabins over and under your cabin,

so no noise from public areas or the galley.

Congratulations and best wishes for a wonderful life together!!

We traveled on the Legend two years ago Thanskgiving week with my then 4 and 6 year old and it was packed with kids. They kids club said the first night out of 2400 passengers over 1000 were under the age of 18:eek:

I think that could be a good thing for you because the majority of kids love going to the kids club, which leaves more chairs at the pool and more seats to eat. My children loved the camp so much that I would order room service for them, they would eat on our balcony, and then go right back to the camp.

Overall, I think it was a great week to travel and ahve even considered going back on the Legend for Thanksgiving week this year. The weather is usually perfect that time of year also. Enjoy!:cool:

It will be backed. My family and I (daughter age 9 and son aged 4) were on a thanksgiving cruise last year. We loved it so much we are doing it again!!

I really did not notice the ship seemed all that crowded, but since we were on the early up, early to bed schedule that might have been the difference.

Missy

Thanks for all the responses. I guess I will just have to brace myself and know what to expect. I've never really had a problem with kids on a cruise until you and your fiance want to go relax in the hot-tub under the stars, get there, and there is a dozen 10 yr olds in each one :p

Sadly enough I am cruising that week for the same reason the kids are cruising...I am out of school. :D I go to nursing school year round and my options to get married were spring break, the week of summer vacation I get, Thanksgiving break, or Christmas break. I think I chose the lesser evil.

Thanks for all the responses. I guess I will just have to brace myself and know what to expect. I've never really had a problem with kids on a cruise until you and your fiance want to go relax in the hot-tub under the stars, get there, and there is a dozen 10 yr olds in each one :p

Sadly enough I am cruising that week for the same reason the kids are cruising...I am out of school. :D I go to nursing school year round and my options to get married were spring break, the week of summer vacation I get, Thanksgiving break, or Christmas break. I think I chose the lesser evil.

Which cruise ship have you booked..ready2cruzagain and I are going on the Breeze..with and ever growing group of people..I too was a bit nervous about going during the US thanksgiving but I have the hotels booked and airfare.We are planning on a spending a couple of days enjoying the hospitality in FL and off on our 1st B2B..

I am taking my honeymoon cruise during the week of Thanksgiving this year. I was just wondering if there are normally a lot of children on cruises during this time (generally speaking). At first I wasn't thinking there would be, but I know kids usually have a few days out for school. I don't mind kids, I just want to be prepared :)

Great question! We are cruising during that week as well, and I told my husband I would need lots of alcohol. BUT, I found out that our cruise has an adults only pool with matching hot tubs. So I'll be satisfied with that. Good news is, the Legend also has an adults only pool (we sailed on it a few years ago). Children also aren't supposed to be in the bars/clubs. So if you need an escape, go to one of those places! I will say that the kids club on Carnival keeps the kids occupied. But if you go in a hot tub that's not in the adult's only area, be prepared for children splashing and snorkeling in it. It happened on the Dream two years ago (where there was no adults only pool).

We cruised on Miracle over this past Tday and had a great time (see review in signature) but we had 9 and 11 year old DDs with us. Like other posters have said, there are places to "escape" the youngin's and if you are like me and my DH, you will be having such a great time on your honeymoon that the rest of the world will fade into the background.

Try to do Chef's Table (in my review) and the Steakhouse. Totally worth it!

Have a wonderful honeymoon!!

I've been cruising Thanksgiving every year since 2008. Yes there are lots of kids, but I don't even notice them. They are consummed with Camp Carnival and hanging out with each other. I'm already booked for Thanksgiving 2012 and 2013. I do this cruise with a group of friends each year, some have kids, most don't, but we enjoy being together, watching football, hanging at the pool and the clubs.

Most of the Spirit class ships have the Serenity Area on deck 9 aft. Check and see if the Legend has been to dry dock and had that added. If so, you're good to go.

I've been cruising Thanksgiving every year since 2008. Yes there are lots of kids, but I don't even notice them. They are consummed with Camp Carnival and hanging out with each other. I'm already booked for Thanksgiving 2012 and 2013. I do this cruise with a group of friends each year, some have kids, most don't, but we enjoy being together, watching football, hanging at the pool and the clubs.

Most of the Spirit class ships have the Serenity Area on deck 9 aft. Check and see if the Legend has been to dry dock and had that added. If so, you're good to go.

The Legend has an adults only pool, so it's not a big deal if it doesn't have a Serenity deck... I'll never understand the allure of the Serenity decks. The few times we went to it on the Dream, I had to leave because I was so hot, and there was no pool to cool off in! I'll pick an adults only pool over a Serenity Deck any time.

We are planning on going on our first cruise Thanksgiving 2012 leaving out of New Orleans. Is there a thread for all those going on that cruise. We aren't bringing any kids but hope to have a good time so hopefully having too many kids on the ship isn't a problem for us.

We are planning on going on our first cruise Thanksgiving 2012 leaving out of New Orleans. Is there a thread for all those going on that cruise. We aren't bringing any kids but hope to have a good time so hopefully having too many kids on the ship isn't a problem for us.

Which ship? Look under the roll call section on these boards for the name of you ship, then look for your sailing date. Most likely, a thread is already in progress.

Archived