Limit to taking soda onboard

skooter35

My husband and I are soda drinkers and would like to know if HAL has a limit to how much soda we can bring onboard. This is our first cruise and we are flying from Oregon.

*Should it be in the checked luggage or our carry on?

*Are there taxi at the pier so we can go to a store?

*Any suggestions to a close store at Port Everglades?

Thanks ~~Angie :D

Sorry, I forget about the rest of your questions.

There are plenty of taxis out front and there is a Pubix Market on 17th street, very near Port Everglades. Every taxi driver will know where you mean.

The limit for soda on HAL is NONE:D You can also pick it up at different ports - the rule isn't limited to just embarkation - so, as long as there is soda at your ports, you don't have to worry about loading up too much (unless of course you are doing a TA:p).

How are you getting to the port? If you are using a taxi, they will stop at Publix for you and you can grab some soda easily.

Enjoy your cruise:)

No... if you feel okay about doing so, you can drink your soda wherever you wish. I'm not sure it's the best idea to bring a can or bottle into the dining room with you. You may wish to think twice about doing that. IMO

;) Thank you for the advice about the Walgreens and Markets on 17th.

We have paid for HAL transportaion to and from the port. I wasnt sure if we would be the only ones from the airport in the transport. And not sure if they would make a pit stop for me. Happy to grab a cab before the ship leaves.

I will make extra tags for the cases of Coke. Good to know!

Thanks again, this site has been wonderful for being well informed for our first cruise.

~~Angie :D

Why not cancel the HAL transportation and simply take a taxi from the airport, have it stop en route to the dock and buy your soda?

It is only about 10 minutes from the airport to Port Everglades.

The way you are planning you will be paying double transportation costs when only one is necessary.

You'll end up paying more for the HAL transportation and the taxis than for the soda.

No.... Sorry but HAL transportation will not stop for you to buy soda.

Why not cancel the HAL transportation and simply take a taxi from the airport, have it stop en route to the dock and buy your soda?

It is only about 10 minutes from the airport to Port Everglades.

The way you are planning you will be paying double transportation costs when only one is necessary.

You'll end up paying more for the HAL transportation and the taxis than for the soda.

No.... Sorry but HAL transportation will not stop for you to buy soda.

I agree. Cancel the HAL transportation as it is a short taxi ride and the HAL bus will not stop for you along the way (too many people on it to do so).

If you cannot cancel HAL, I doubt that it would be worthwhile (costwise) to take a taxi to/from the pier to Publix or Walgreens. Have you considered buying the soda card HAL sells instead? Check this board for information on it, but it seems to be a decent deal. Plus, as others have stated, you can get more soda in each port if you wish.

DaveOKC

Would like to make a suggestion: As you are flying in from the West Coast during March --- have you considered arriving the day before ??? Traveling to meet your ship the same day is taking chances: weather, air traffic delays, personal delays in getting to the airport, to mention a few. Plus you can have a relaxing dinner, make your trip for your soda and have a leisurely breakfast the next day before boarding. There are many hotels near the FLL pier and I "second" the recommendations about cancelling the HAL transfers (saving money) and taking a taxi. You will get to the pier faster and won't have to wait for HAL to fill the transfer bus. JMO.

All very valid points! Unfortunatly, we are the guests of others that made the arrangements. Our second cruise we will fly into the port city the day before. Less stress....

Thank you all for your expert advice for this newbie. :cool:

~~Angie

All very valid points! Unfortunatly, we are the guests of others that made the arrangements. Our second cruise we will fly into the port city the day before. Less stress....

~~Angie

Enjoy your first cruise and please let us know how it went.

thanks but surely you can't take soda to the bars?

After allowing you to bring on a case or more of soda, how can they possibly say, "Sorry, can't bring that in here." You might feel awkward, & other Pax may snort or guffaw (or say, "Wish I though of that.", but noone official will say anything.

Sail7seas, thanks but surely you can't take soda to the bars? Would that not be the same as taking your own glass of wine.

Or do you mean up on board outside round the pool etc?

I would never bring a beverage of my own into any lounge but it seems there are some who do. I no longer express much about it.

"It's their vacation and they can do what they want". :)

I've finally gotten old enough to know that not everyone does things the way I do.

As to the dining room, I expressed my opinion. I didn't feel like going lounge by lounge/outside decks around the ship giving an opinion. :D

We never bring any beverages aboard so where to tote them with us isn't an issue for us.

~~Angie

Be that as it may ---I would still mention the possibilities to your fellow travelers. Would hate to see you miss the boat.

My husband and I are soda drinkers and would like to know if HAL has a limit to how much soda we can bring onboard. This is our first cruise and we are flying from Oregon.

*Should it be in the checked luggage or our carry on?

*Are there taxi at the pier so we can go to a store?

*Any suggestions to a close store at Port Everglades?

Thanks ~~Angie :D

I hope, at the very least, you are taking a "red eye" from your home. Taking into consideration the time differences, (add three hours on top of your flight time) there really is not a lot of flex-time if your flight is delayed due to weather conditions at either end of the flight.

If your cruise leaves at 4, you need to be on board by 3. I get anxiety just thinking of it. I also live on the west coast and, well....all I can say is, been there--done that.

I hope you have the very best cruise. Come back and tell us all about it when you return.

If your cruise leaves at 4, you need to be on board by 3. I get anxiety just thinking of it. I also live on the west coast and, well....all I can say is, been there--done that.

If I remember correctly, the cruises I have been on required you to be on board two hours before disembarkation. I thought that the cruiselines have to submit the list of passengers to some government agency 90 minutes before departure.

Thanks Sail7seas! You learn something every day! I was very interested why so many people ask about bringing soda on board? I thought really how much can a person drink in their cabin........Now I know! They drink it everywhere lol Dont think I would dare or be bothered.

Archived