which would you choose

DonnaK

Oasis 7 day western (one oceanview and one CP balcony) -or- Explorer 9 day Bermuda/Labadee/St Maarten/San Juan (connecting E1s or the D1-L combo at the aft of deck 9 or a balcony with an inside across the hall).

Explorer is from our home port, so no air or pre-cruise hotel is needed. Explorer is $1000 cheaper for the connecting E1s and $1900 cheaper for the D1-L (my young adult kids do not care whether or not they have a balcony). Unfortunately, there are no promenade rooms across from balcony rooms available, otherwise we'd go with that combo.

We were just on Explorer in December (different itinerary), and are not concerned about the "sewerage issue". We are concerned that the shows will be the same.

We were on Allure last summer and felt overwhelmed and exhausted by all the walking we had to do to get around. We also had horrible service in the MDR for the first time in many cruises. But we did love the entertainment, which is very important to us.

I am the queen of indecision...what would you do?

I would just point out, since the entertainment on Explorer seems to be an issue for you, that if you were on Allure just last summer that the major shows are likely to be the same now as they were then. So if you take the show factor out of this, since they will be repeats on both ships, does it make it easier for you to decide?

I've been on EX 11 times, so the shows don't really make a difference to me..

that said...a cheaper cruise means MORE cruising...(plus you get 2 extra days..and no flying..)

NOW if Behemoth OTS 1 (sorry, Oasis...:D ) was cheaper and I could snag a decent flight, I would probably try it out...(just for the sake of trying a different ship...but I would crunch the numbers and see what the total worked out to be...as i'd add on a day ahead and a day or 2 or 3 after....:eek::p:cool:)

For me, I'd pick Explorer of the Seas.

(1) No airfare.

(2) It's cheaper.

(3) It's an extra 2 days.

(4) It goes to St. Maarten...one of my favorites.

(5) AFT BALCONY!

(6) It's an exta 2 days...yes, I mentioned that twice. It's worth it!

I'd go with Explorer.

Good luck! I'd love to be in your shoes!!!!!! :)

Sam :D

Thank you for your ideas....it helps me think things out. I was guessing that everyone would say that they'd choose Oasis! Boy, did I underestimate you all. lol

It's not an aft balcony on Ex. It's the last side facing balcony that connects to an inside.

Since we're talking about Memorial weekend, airfare is a little high, and so is the hotel rate (for Oasis).

I'm pretty sure we're going to switch Oasis to Explorer. When I call, I hope they can find me a balcony across from an available inside or promenade (for the $1900 savings), to make the change really worthwhile. Otherwise, we'll take the connecting E1's for half the savings.

Oasis - Oasis - Oasis.

Great shows, ship and activities.

If seeing the same shows is an issue than you won't have that problem with the Oasis since the shows are different from what you saw on the Allure. We actually liked Hairspray on the Oasis much better than Chicago on the Allure.

Thanks everyone. We made the change to Explorer. We'll surely sail on Oasis sometime in the future.

I may be part of a small minority but after being on Oasis and Allure (relatives wanted to go) I have no desire to go on either one of them again. I would take the Explorer any day over the Oasis or Allure given the convenience and savings you will get.

I think you definitely made the right choice.

Archived