Shower only cabins on Prinsendam?

ansjefitnes

Hi all,

Trying to find out if there are shower-only cabins in the category SS or SY.

My partner has MS and can walk a little and prefers a shower-only cabin

over a handicap one. He always says that other people need a handicap cabin more than he does because he can still walk.

Hopefully one of the Prinsendam cruisers know the answer.

Regards

Maria

I guess there are not a lot of Prinsendam regulars on this board.

On the deckplan the only cabins with a shower are 038 and 039.

I guess that will be only ones and we really don't need/want a handicap cabin. Why doesn't HAL have more shower only cabins specially on the older ships:confused:

I wish there were more experienced Prinsendam veterans on this board. Perhaps then you could get definitive info. I can't give you the info you seek, but can give you some info, and a suggestion.

On the older cabins on the Prinsendam, the cabins alternated tub/shower. Even the inside cabins had that choice.

The deckplans for most of the decks show exactly which cabins have the tub, and which the shower.

The deckplan legend for your deck does state that the cabins vary as to tub or shower, as well as have a specific notation that the handicapped cabin have a shower.

That leads me to think that the other cabins do alternate, and it just doesn't show on the deckplan. It is possible that there is just a mistake on the labeling on that deck, and no one ever noticed. It's also possible that something else is going on.

So, now to my suggestion. You could call HAL in Seattle and ask for the Access & Compliance Dept. Someone there might have an actual correct answer for you! Don't take it from a rep who answers the phone; talk to someone who understands about disabilities.

If the answer is not at hand, perhaps they can contact the ship to get the details for all the cabins in your category. The ship is small enough that doing so is actually possible!

Good luck on your mission. I applaud your desire to leave the handicap cabin for someone else, if at all possible.

According to the deck plans, all the SS and SY suites on the Verandah deck have a tub and shower, no shower-only suites.

Where are you seeing this? I'm reading this on the website deckplans:

2 lower beds convertible to 1 king-size bed, walk-in closet, bath with tub and shower or shower only, two sinks, sitting area, private verandah, refrigerator, floor-to-ceiling windows. Approximately 365–397 sq. ft. including verandah.

with verandah ...

(bolding and underlining mine)

Where are you seeing this? I'm reading this on the website deckplans:

2 lower beds convertible to 1 king-size bed, walk-in closet, bath with tub and shower or shower only, two sinks, sitting area, private verandah, refrigerator, floor-to-ceiling windows. Approximately 365–397 sq. ft. including verandah.

with verandah ...

(bolding and underlining mine)

I read the deck plans on the "To Go" Web site for the Prinsendam. Not perfectly scientific but it seems pretty straightforward.

I read the deck plans on the "To Go" Web site for the Prinsendam. Not perfectly scientific but it seems pretty straightforward.

Correct - Any rooms with showers only are indicated on the deck plans (along with those with no walk in closets). there are lots of cabins with shower only, just not in the suite class. This is an older ship - even the deluxe verandas are shower&tub combination - not a separate spot for shower. The two rooms the op is asking about are indicating a special bathtub & shower? I'm wondering if they might be separate? Certainly worth a call to ask;)

Correct - Any rooms with showers only are indicated on the deck plans (along with those with no walk in closets). there are lots of cabins with shower only, just not in the suite class. This is an older ship - even the deluxe verandas are shower&tub combination - not a separate spot for shower. The two rooms the op is asking about are indicating a special bathtub & shower? I'm wondering if they might be separate? Certainly worth a call to ask;)

But you have to admit the HAL website says straight out that there are shower-only cabins in this class.

If that's incorrect, it should be corrected post haste. And if it is correct, then the individual cabins should be notated.

OP mentioned the two handicapped cabins, which clearly note they are shower-only.

Mabert has been very kind to initiate confirmation of just what's what. I look forward to her answer.

Archived