Transportation from FLL to Miami Port

Katie95

Carnival scheudled us to fly into FLL instead of Miami and now wants to charge us $60pp to get us to the port. Our flight comes in at 12:30 so we are already cutting it close (at least I feel that way) but $120 seems a little outrageous.

My question is do you think it is a better decision to get SAS to take us for $30?

Has anyone ever had any bad experiences when it took more than an hour to get from FLL to the Miami port?

I'm just not sure whether to risk not taking the carnival transfer.

Thanks for any advice you have!

Carnival scheudled us to fly into FLL instead of Miami and now wants to charge us $60pp to get us to the port. Our flight comes in at 12:30 so we are already cutting it close (at least I feel that way) but $120 seems a little outrageous.

My question is do you think it is a better decision to get SAS to take us for $30?

Has anyone ever had any bad experiences when it took more than an hour to get from FLL to the Miami port?

I'm just not sure whether to risk not taking the carnival transfer.

Thanks for any advice you have!

mid-week, weekend....ship, time of year ???

Yes, it's cheaper and faster to get a taxi, or even a Town Car to take you from the airport to the cruise terminal. The last time for us it was about $75 + tip and covered all the people/luggage you could fit in the car. If you take Carnival transportation you may also have to wait for the bus to fill up before it heads to the port.

We always fly into FLL for Miami cruises because of the cheaper flights and we like to stay on Hollywood beach or Sunny Isles the night before the cruise.

!

Yes. Make sure they know you are going to the Miami CRUISE port and not the Airport. One trip cost us about 45 minutes when the driver went West after reaching Miami instead of going downtown and East to the Cruise port.

Sorry forgot to include the details.

It's April 7th (Saturday) that we fly in to FLL. Cruise leaves out of Miami port.

Our flight gets to FLL at 12:30 and our ship leaves at 4pm that same day.

Just feeling a little uneasy about how close it is so wondering if 3 hours is enough time to spare?

SAS is very reliable and on time, I would reserve them. If flight is not delayed, you should be out boarding a SAS shuttle by 1:30 at the latest and you should arrive in Miami within 30 minutes. I have always used SAS.

SAS is very reliable and on time, I would reserve them. If flight is not delayed, you should be out boarding a SAS shuttle by 1:30 at the latest and you should arrive in Miami within 30 minutes. I have always used SAS.

Agree here. But contact SAS and ask them for their opinion. They might be able to get you sooner. On a Saturday, 30-40 minutes from FLL to POM should be doable unless there's a major accident blocking or slowing the HOV lanes. SAS will most likely be aware of this and do a work around.

Taxis and limo cars could easily set you back more than the $120 Carnival is quoting. But is that $60 RT pp or $60 one way and you need to get your own transportation back to FLL at the end of the cruise? Another way to think about the $$$ is it's the premium for peace of mind. Especially if you're departing a busy airport or having to change planes at a busy airport like Atlanta, where delays are usually par for the course.

Just a warning about SAS they were a no show for us the only time we tried to use them to get from FLL to POM. We had reservations with them. We had a confirmation from them. They never showed. They did not answer their phone after we waited 45 minutes for them. We left them a message and they NEVER called us back. We had to scramble to find alternate transportation.

I will NEVER recomend SAS

Just a warning about SAS they were a no show for us the only time we tried to use them to get from FLL to POM. We had reservations with them. We had a confirmation from them. They never showed. They did not answer their phone after we waited 45 minutes for them. We left them a message and they NEVER called us back. We had to scramble to find alternate transportation.

Sorry this happened to you..What a way to start a vacation :(..This is the first negative experience I've heard of with SAS..We have had great service using them...What did you do for a last minute alternative ?

Well-I guess I will have the 2nd negative comment about SAS. We had them booked just a couple weeks ago (had made reservations several months in advance) for 17 people to go from POM to FLL airport and the van they sent would only fit 14 people- and that was cramped. What they did was take the 14 people who fit and we left the other 3 standing on the sidewalk saying to wait and another shuttle will come and get them-they were a bit crabby about the whole thing too, saying that we could have people sit on the floor-that it was not that far of a trip-seriously?? We were all paying the same price-not gonna sit on the floor. Another van did eventually show up but put added stress at the end of a great vacation. We had used VIP Limos out of FLL the previous week from FLL to hotel and to POM the next AM and they were GREAT-even arrived early and were very personable. We will for sure be using them next time and NOT SAS ever again....

Well-I guess I will have the 2nd negative comment about SAS. We had them booked just a couple weeks ago (had made reservations several months in advance) for 17 people to go from POM to FLL airport and the van they sent would only fit 14 people- and that was cramped. What they did was take the 14 people who fit and we left the other 3 standing on the sidewalk saying to wait and another shuttle will come and get them-they were a bit crabby about the whole thing too, saying that we could have people sit on the floor-that it was not that far of a trip-seriously?? We were all paying the same price-not gonna sit on the floor. Another van did eventually show up but put added stress at the end of a great vacation. We had used VIP Limos out of FLL the previous week from FLL to hotel and to POM the next AM and they were GREAT-even arrived early and were very personable. We will for sure be using them next time and NOT SAS ever again....

I'm looking for transport from FLL to POM now that I have my flights booked. Do you have the website for VIP Limo? I googled them and came up with 2 different VIPs. I want to make sure I get the right one.

I'm looking for transport from FLL to POM now that I have my flights booked. Do you have the website for VIP Limo? I googled them and came up with 2 different VIPs. I want to make sure I get the right one.

Sorry, I can't help you with VIP but Larry's Limos has been suggested often on these boards for Miami service. Good luck! :)

This happened to us also in December 2009. We ended up taking a cab, which wasn't much more expensive since there were 4 of us. If we hadn't allowed for plenty of time, we could have run into trouble...

Archived