The Haven Suites and Seasickness

GirlWriter

Hi there! We are considering upgrading our SF suite to an S5 Haven suite. My only hesitation at this point is the move to the top of the ship. We do have issues with seasickness, but they are minor.

Can anyone who has sailed in a Haven suite who also has some seasickness issues comment on your experience in that area?

Thanks!

Hi there! We are considering upgrading our SF suite to an S5 Haven suite. My only hesitation at this point is the move to the top of the ship. We do have issues with seasickness, but they are minor.

Can anyone who has sailed in a Haven suite who also has some seasickness issues comment on your experience in that area?

Thanks!

I get seasick and I have inner ear issues. We have been in the Haven twice on the Jewel and will be going 2 more times June and next January on the Gem. I really had no problems. I take a chewable Bonine (I would never crusie without it and we cruise alot) every morning and I am good to go. I felt little or no movement in the Haven. I do avoid the MDR on every ship.that is where it always seems to feel the worst to me. The Haven is one of the places I feel the least amount of movement.

Hope this helps.

We have found that you do feel more movement up in the Haven relative to other areas of the ship. But my hubby, who has minor problems with sea sickness, has not had an issue up there. Bonine definitely helps if he needs it, but he doesn't need it often!

Robin

Thanks!

My DH and I cruise in the Havens and he has some minor issues with seasickness. The only time we both were sick was in the last 2 day sof our cruise because we hit very high seas coming back up the eastern seaboard. Most on the ship experienced seasickness to some degree that day.

Otherwise, no, we haven't had any problems in the Haven.

We haven't had any issues up in the Haven either. It was more of a gentle rock back and forth, which was nice to fall asleep to.

Now the suites on the front of the ship... Those are a different story! I felt like I was on a roller coster as I slept with the up and down motion. You'd feel almost weightless for a second and then be pressed into the bed the next. Love the Owner's Suite layout, but not sure if I would stay there again.

The higher up you are in any ship and closer to the bow or stern the more movement you will feel. The lower and closer to the center the less about.

Yes that's true, but I can speak from experience that there's something about being that high up that makes the movement gentle. The Haven is mid-ship, which may be part of it. I actually had problems with motion sickness when I was closer to the water looking at the water. But I was perfectly fine up in the Haven.

Yes that's true, but I can speak from experience that there's something about being that high up that makes the movement gentle. The Haven is mid-ship, which may be part of it. I actually had problems with motion sickness when I was closer to the water looking at the water. But I was perfectly fine up in the Haven.

I have to agree 100%. I have cruised through the years mid-ship, mid-decks, once we tried the Haventhere was no going back to suites on any cruiseline )and of course my Bonine)

We were in the Pearl's Haven not too long ago. The night we left Miami, it was a little rough for most passengers. We honestly didn't think it was all that bad, but the dining room was deserted and they had "bags" scattered all over the ship, which I hadn't seen in quite a while. Few people were out and about that first night.

Neither my wife or myself tend to get seasick so we may not be the best judges, but we didn't think the movement was any worse in the Haven than it had been half a dozen decks below. I think if you're going to be affected, you'll be affected regardless of the deck you're on.

At any rate, when we got up the next morning and walked down to breakfast, I was surprised to see every couch/lounge in the Haven pool area occupied by people who had abandoned their suites and slept there instead. So I guess that's one unadvertised advantage to the Haven - you can sleep in a nice, private open area if your cabin gets to feeling too confined.

Archived