Guest relations

Jancruz

Can you give me your wish list for Guest relations in Miami..what is it that they lack?

Jancruz1

The common complaint is that when they don't knoiw the answers, they guess -- and they don't know the answers a significant amount of time. And, they usually guess wrong, and each guesses differently.

The usual suggestion is "more training", but I'm willing to bet they get lots of traiining already -- they just forget it, or don't use t, or didn't understand it properly in the first place, or don't think it's important.

Instead of additional traaining, I'd suggest a resource person -- sort of an ombudsman just for representatives -- someone who is OCD about details, someone who is "in the know" about decisions and policies, and who is easily accessible whenever a representative needs to find out the definitive information. I could probably best compare it to the President's Press Secretary, who sits in on meetings, learns the "company line", has all the facts at his or her fingertips (but does not participate in the actual making of policy), and disseminates that knowledge to members of the press when asked. In this case, substitute guest relations agents for the press corps.

A perfect example is the ongoing thread about the drink packages. Calling Miami would most likely have caused either incorrect information, different information form each representative, or simply, "Huh?" Training in the future would simply be, "Don't guess -- if you aren't absolutely certain about the information, call the know-it-all."

If all the representatives were on the same, correct page all the time, probably 3/4 of the complaints about "Miami" would disappear.

Since I posted the previous response, I've discovered the same question about customer service -- my reply would probably be better suited there. I guess I don't knoiw the technical difference between "guest relations" and "customer service". To me, they are synonymous.

I think they might have a high turnover rate for the phone Reps so maybe that is why things are inconsistant & now I have read they have the Reps from Regent & Oceania in the same place

Maybe stick with Regent Reps answers for Regent & O reps dealing with O passengers

If Guest Relations had a more direct link with the management who are actually sailing on the ship, the customers would be a lot less frustrated.

In my experience, Guest Relations spends 85% of their time explaining why it is not logistically possible to "help" the clients who call in. It is not that the agents aren't willing, but their hands are tied because "policy" is that certain matters must be handled in person on the ship.

It is important that the staff on the ships be focused on the current voyage, and there are certainly details that should be ironed out on the ship, but Guest Relations needs to have the authority to override that policy when circumstances warrant.

You're right about customer relations and O needs to improve their accessibility to UK customers. My husband is vegetarian and we had to fax this info to them. Am also finding it difficult to book the drinks package without actually phoning the US. If we could do it online, then our BIB cruisecards would be ready when we board, instead of that, we have to pick up regular cruisecards and then join a queue to buy the drinks package and then have new cruisecards issued. Seems a bit of a faff to me. (Faff being a well-known British word for pest or nuisance !!)

You're right about customer relations and O needs to improve their accessibility to UK customers. My husband is vegetarian and we had to fax this info to them. Am also finding it difficult to book the drinks package without actually phoning the US. If we could do it online, then our BIB cruisecards would be ready when we board, instead of that, we have to pick up regular cruisecards and then join a queue to buy the drinks package and then have new cruisecards issued. Seems a bit of a faff to me. (Faff being a well-known British word for pest or nuisance !!)

Are there really that many people lining up to buy it?

Archived