Just booked the mystery dinner!

Loralie

I have a question. We are a party of seven people in 4 different cabins. We all booked the mystery dinner. Since all of our reservations are linked for the MDR, will we all be automatically sitting together at the mystery Dinner?

Thanks,

Loralie

I have a question. We are a party of seven people in 4 different cabins. We all booked the mystery dinner. Since all of our reservations are linked for the MDR, will we all be automatically sitting together at the mystery Dinner?

Thanks,

Loralie

Your linking of MDR will not typically carry over to the Mystery dinner. "IF" you booked all 7 people under one reservation on the RCCL website for the Mystery dinner, you should be linked for the Mystery dinner. If each cabin booked the Mystery dinner separately, however, you won't be linked. You can either cancel your current reservations and book them as one reservation (you can use multiple credit cards if each cabin wants to pay separately, but one person would have to have all the info) or as previously stated, go to Portofinos when you board and have them seat you all together.

To annabell08, yes wine is included, but it is basically a choice of red or white... no other options or variety.

Is the wine included in the price of the Mystery Dinner?

Should we tip our server?

Wine is included. The charge you pay covers service however you may feel it appropriate to add to that.

Here's the menu from Navigator last year. Antipasti was also served.

393629_10150996093115352_617355351_21931047_227391924_n.jpg

I think I read that the specialty coffees are an extra charge, am I right?

Also, is reg. coffee and tea served at the mystery dinner for FREE?

Thanks,

Loralie

Normally specialty coffee is charged but is included in this menu. You can order regular if you want.

Wine is included. The charge you pay covers service however you may feel it appropriate to add to that.

Here's the menu from Navigator last year. Antipasti was also served.

393629_10150996093115352_617355351_21931047_227391924_n.jpg

Thanks for posting the menu! It looks very limited. Is this because there is time pressure because of the mystery aspect of the meal?

Thanks for posting the menu! It looks very limited. Is this because there is time pressure because of the mystery aspect of the meal?

do all RCI ships over this? for those who have attended, do you recommend it? please give a general overview of what to expect

The evening started in one of the lounges where we all gathered for a glass of champagne and some appetisers. Once everyone had arrived the story so far was narrated by a presenter and then various characters appeared, the story developed and a murder occured. We then headed to Portofino's and during the meal the story further evolved and we were given the opportunity to question the suspects and solve the crime. It was great fun!

The restaurant is full to capacity so there is a lot of noise and terrific atmosphere. The menu is so created to allow for an excellent meal under such circumstances.

390129_10150996095805352_617355351_21931066_529826554_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
The Mystery dinner didn't have assigned seating, you can sit with whomever you wish.

The menu is limited but very good, don't worry, you will have a good time.

I just got off the Voyager this last Saturday and we did the Mystery Dinner. It worked the same way as it did on the Radiance years ago... when we arrived at the pre-dinner cocktail party, we were asked to see our reservation confirmation and were assigned a table number. We did not get to sit with whomever we wished... I was glad I booked our reservations together so we were assigned the same table.

We bought gift certificates for my in-laws to go to the Mystery dinner. They thought it was a great gift!

When I first booked the cruise, 15 months ago, I din't think that I would want specialty dining. The closer we get to sail date I am getting more tempted to book Chops.

We bought gift certificates for my in-laws to go to the Mystery dinner. They thought it was a great gift!

When I first booked the cruise, 15 months ago, I din't think that I would want specialty dining. The closer we get to sail date I am getting more tempted to book Chops.

My sister is thinking of booking the mystery dinner too. Love love love Chops!! We tried it for the first time last summer. We went there on the first formal night so we could avoid packing formal wear. Now I wish we had gone there for both formal nights. We loved it. I had the crab cake, filet, and mud pie for dessert. The mud pie melted in our mouths. Wish they would offer Mud pie in the main dining room. I'd even pay an upcharge for it. For our sides, we had onion rings, asparagus, and some potatoes that had some white cheese on them. The potatoes were awesome.

Our last 2 cruises on the Explorer they did not offer it. This year they are so I booked it.

Did it a few years ago on the mariner...not the greatest performance you'll ever see, but DEFINITELY the most fun. Reminded me when Fraternity's used to compete. Anything can happen!

Well worth it IMO, and it does add something different to do on the ship.

Oh, don't know if this was mentioned, but they usually schedule it on one of the Formal Nights, and I don't think anyone dressed up for it.

Our last 2 cruises on the Explorer they did not offer it. This year they are so I booked it.

Did it a few years ago on the mariner...not the greatest performance you'll ever see, but DEFINITELY the most fun. Reminded me when Fraternity's used to compete. Anything can happen!

Well worth it IMO, and it does add something different to do on the ship.

Oh, don't know if this was mentioned, but they usually schedule it on one of the Formal Nights, and I don't think anyone dressed up for it.

On our cruise on the Freedom this last November the Mystery Dinner was held on the first night of the cruise, so not a formal night.

Archived