What is a sweet xixteen

maria1122

The sweet sixteen refer to the 16 forward veranda cabins (8 on each side) of deck 6 on the M class ships (Summit, Constellation, Infinity and Millennium). These have larger than average verandas and are 2C cabins so they are towards the lower end of the veranda cabin price range.

Sweet sixteen is a term coined and used here on Cruise Critic so if you call Celebrity or a TA and use this term then they probably won't have any idea what you are talking about.

Here is a photo:

1373724618072643706S600x600Q85.jpg

The sweet sixteen refer to the 16 forward veranda cabins (8 on each side) of deck 6 on the M class ships (Summit, Constellation, Infinity and Millennium). These have larger than average verandas and are 2C cabins so they are towards the lower end of the veranda cabin price range.

Sweet sixteen is a term coined and used here on Cruise Critic so if you call Celebrity or a TA and use this term then they probably won't have any idea what you are talking about.

Here is a photo:

1373724618072643706S600x600Q85.jpg

We stayed in cabin 6030 on our first Celebrity cruise. The balcony is AWESOME! The only down side was that we could definitely feel more movement. But I wouldnt hesitate to pick a sweet 16 again!!

Our TA had no knowledge of these cabins. The XL balconies don't appear on the floor plan.

I was skeptical, but a careful examination of photos on CC showed me that I absolutely had to "downgrade" from 2A to a sweet sixteen 2C. (I hadn't booked yet, just done my homework on this forum.)

We're booked now... and will celebrate our 25th anniversary from cabin 6035 in the Summit, departing San Juan on Feb 2, 2013. With some extra $$ for something special.

I can't wait to experience Celebrity for the first time from our sweet sixteen balcony.

All because of you helpful folks on the Celebrity forum.

Thank you, thank you!

• 5 months later...
Our TA had no knowledge of these cabins. The XL balconies don't appear on the floor plan.

I was skeptical, but a careful examination of photos on CC showed me that I absolutely had to "downgrade" from 2A to a sweet sixteen 2C. (I hadn't booked yet, just done my homework on this forum.)

We're booked now... and will celebrate our 25th anniversary from cabin 6035 in the Summit, departing San Juan on Feb 2, 2013. With some extra $$ for something special.

I can't wait to experience Celebrity for the first time from our sweet sixteen balcony.

All because of you helpful folks on the Celebrity forum.

Thank you, thank you!

Please take good care of 6035, as we have it booked after you - Baltic Cruise leaving Amsterdam on August 12, 2013.

Checking out the Sweet 16, I pulled a document that showed the cabins available - the agent told me 6030 was not available, so we went with 6035, hoping it provides us a great balcony.

For some reason it seems like Northern Europe will be a little cooler and less humid next August than our lovely Houston area - we are in Kingwood

Keep us posted if anything interesting seems to come up - We are on WB TA - Mariner of the Seas from Rome to Galveston in Nov this year and our first Celebrity cruise - 2 weeks Feb 23 on Eclipse.

Oh, and also "Happy Anniversary in 2013"

Have Fun and let us know about 6035 - john @ shifferds dot com

Edited by soakedbythesea

Please take good care of 6035, as we have it booked after you - Baltic Cruise leaving Amsterdam on August 12, 2013.

Checking out the Sweet 16, I pulled a document that showed the cabins available - the agent told me 6030 was not available, so we went with 6035, hoping it provides us a great balcony.

For some reason it seems like Northern Europe will be a little cooler and less humid next August than our lovely Houston area - we are in Kingwood

Keep us posted if anything interesting seems to come up - We are on WB TA - Mariner of the Seas from Rome to Galveston in Nov this year and our first Celebrity cruise - 2 weeks Feb 23 on Eclipse.

Oh, and also "Happy Anniversary in 2013"

Have Fun and let us know about 6035 - john @ shifferds dot com

We will miss our 6035 cabin, since Connie is going on short runs.

We did find another gem cabin on S ships - 2D balcony. Sailing in November on Eclipse.

Thanks to CC, I learned about the sweet 16 cabins and am booked in 6030 on the Summit!

Same here -- we have one booked for our Wine Cruise next month on Millie. I have a pretty good idea where we will want to be when we sail under Lion's Gate and Golden Gate Bridge! :p

We will miss our 6035 cabin, since Connie is going on short runs.

We did find another gem cabin on S ships - 2D balcony. Sailing in November on Eclipse.

Hi Isabella,

We'll be on Eclipse Feb 23, 2013 - Not sure 7257 is any great cabin, but for balcony and total cost of $3000 for everything for 14 days, I grabbed it.

Let us know if anything interesting in Nov. => john at shifferds dot com

Thanks

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

We have just booked our first Celebrity Cruise (Southern Caribbean on the Summit - April 14, 2014) and we couldn't be more excited! I currently have cabin #6053 booked, because it appeared to have a larger balcony. If one of the "sweet sixteens" are still available, should I switch? Are the balconies larger even though they do not appear to be on the deck plans?

Thanks in advance.

Kim

Yes, the sweet 16 balconies are about double the size of a regular balcony and the balcony for 6053 is 50% larger but IMO is in a better location and would be my choice as it is not as far forward. Also the first three Sw16 balconies have those large columns or superstructure on either side obstructing the view. The fourth has a column on the forward side only.

attachment.php?attachmentid=291912&d=1383591882

attachment.php?attachmentid=291913&d=1383591882

XInfinity03.jpg.c4798aeec8c3a77edc9750ad196a9e8e.jpg

XMilleSw16.jpg.132a10c97b3470ca80e173fa8d69c28f.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

Rob, are the pictures you posted of the Summit? I just called Celebrity back and the reservation expert I talked with told me that all the 2C category balconies were the same size and that they are all partially obstructed.

I think that having the double deep balcony would be more important to me than being more mid ship, so I will call back and try again.

To confirm the cabins that have larger balconies are:

6016 - 6030 even, and 6021 - 6035 odd? ... and only the front 4 on each side have the columns?

Thanks again for you help. A balcony is quite a splurge for us, so I want to be sure to get the best one possible.

Kim

Shots are of Infinity but Summit has exactly the same balconies.

I though of but forgot to mention in my post that the Sw16 were cat. 2C and 6053 was a 2B so the 2C should cost slighly less money.:)

IMO, that reservation expert was thinking of Solstice not Connie class ships when he/she made that statement.:confused:

Yes those balcony cabin # are the sw16 ones and only the front four have the columns/superstructure obstruction.

Edited by robtulipe

Well, I just called back again and reserved 6033. This guy once again told me that all the 2C balconies are standard size and that only the corner ones (such as 6053 are bigger, and it is a 2B) I took a leap of faith and booked the 6033. We had a similar cabin on the Crown Princess, and I loved having the bigger balcony.

It is a little disconcerting that the Celebrity "experts" are telling me that those balconies are not bigger, but a picture speaks a thousand words. :)

Thanks again for your help.

We have 6022 reserved. It has one column. We have had a similar set-up on a RCCL ship and the structure offers more privacy from adjoining cabin verandas. I really wanted two columns but they were not available. Have not had these on the Constellation. Do the columns take up any usable extra room on the balcony?