Military rate / Senior rate

NEWORLEANSCRUISER1

Thanks! That just does not seem right, but it is what it is -:(

No it doesn't seem right but CCL is under no obligation to grant OBC or anything if the price drops after final payment. I've read on this board that occasionally they have caved and granted OBC but it seems like that is rare. One of the big box stores (I think it's the one with the red and white bull's eye for a logo) has a policy that if you buy something and within the next 7 days it goes on sale, they will refund you the difference. Too bad CCL won't do that but like you said, it is what it is. :mad:

No it doesn't seem right but CCL is under no obligation to grant OBC or anything if the price drops after final payment. I've read on this board that occasionally they have caved and granted OBC but it seems like that is rare. One of the big box stores (I think it's the one with the red and white bull's eye for a logo) has a policy that if you buy something and within the next 7 days it goes on sale, they will refund you the difference. Too bad CCL won't do that but like you said, it is what it is. :mad:

It actually is fair because you can book Early Saver (with many restrictions) and then will get OBC after final payments.

We used to book Military until they came out with Early Saver with a much better price. It's a very good deal for us because we'd only cancel for a medical emergency, and we have insurance in case that happens.

We cruise the end of January and have never received a price drop because we book so early. The price just keeps going up.

You didn't say how you booked... whether through a travel agent, PVP or the web. I'd be curious to know who told you "no".

It IS the correct answer, but my PVP tries to get me the best deals, even when I technically don't qualify. Sometimes he can, sometimes he can't. But that is the primary reason I use a PVP. I don't think a Travel agent can (or would) challenge the norm to get you that special waiver.

It actually is fair because you can book Early Saver (with many restrictions) and then will get OBC after final payments.

We used to book Military until they came out with Early Saver with a much better price. It's a very good deal for us because we'd only cancel for a medical emergency, and we have insurance in case that happens.

We cruise the end of January and have never received a price drop because we book so early. The price just keeps going up.

We always did military also because it was such a smokin' deal but it got to a point that military (once it was finally made available for our particular sailing) was not less than the FunSaver rate we booked many months earlier. ES is too restrictive for us so we're stuck clenching our teeth when the price drops on us after final payment. It is fair.... but I don't have to like it. ;)

Yeah. It kind of stinks. If Early Saver isn't available, you're stuck with what you paid. I'm not thrilled that the price for our cruise has dropped, but there is nothing I can do about it.

Maybe we'll be able to book early next time.

Archived