Can we talk shoes?

jacksmom09

I'm learning a lot from all your posts, and you've also come up with some great suggestions that will work for me!

From my personal experience in the last three or four years, I've found most of my "best" shoes (flats or low-heeled pumps) on ebay!!

HAPPY CRUISING!!!

I just got a pair of new Clark's sandals yesterday:) They are the

Indigo Brand and I love them....best of all, they were free:D

http://www.clarksusa.com/eng/product/tres_belle/61223

I am thinking the gals who wear the super high heels would not like

the picture...but maybe there are some of you who would;)

Well, I am one of those who wear super high heels, but I think those are really cute, I especially love them in orange! I would wear them with shorts or a long flowy skirt. I'm only 5'2", and although I'm pretty tiny I'm a runner and have big calves, so wearing flats with regular length dresses just makes me look thick and dumpy. I do vary it up though with different heel height, wedges, etc. and only wear the super high (4-5") ones a few nights during a cruise or once a week/every two weeks at home.

Kilnwood I'm currently looking for a cute (and sexy ;)) animal print flat on eBay, and have gotten some cute things there too.

BBM

DivasDare, I'm not indulging in a "pity party," but when one wears a size 10AAA, finding "cute" shoes at an affordable price wasn't easy until I discovered shoes on ebay four years ago! Now it's no longer such a challenge--and it's fun!!

BBM

DivasDare, I'm not indulging in a "pity party," but when one wears a size 10AAA, finding "cute" shoes at an affordable price wasn't easy until I discovered shoes on ebay four years ago! Now it's no longer such a challenge--and it's fun!!

I've seen those AAA, so I know what you mean!

I'm not really a shoe girl. I've been on the hunt for the perfect pair of nude colored high heel shoes so I only have to pack one pair of dress shoes. My mom said, "Can't you just act like my daughter for once and take at least two pair?!" :D

I wish I could wear those cute high heals! I have problems with my feet and need suggestions for a dress black comfort shoe with a low heal if there is such a thing.

Lois R,

I love the Clark sandal, but need something a little dressier.

Any ideas?

Barb

I wish I could wear those cute high heals! I have problems with my feet and need suggestions for a dress black comfort shoe with a low heal if there is such a thing.

Lois R,

Any ideas?

Barb

I'm a high heel girl (like 4-4.5" heels), but Onex shoes are sooo comfortable. I needed something in Vegas; after 5 days out there in a convention center I was not going to shove my feet in the shoes I planned to wear that night. I ran into a store there, and when I put the Onex shoes on, I thought I was walking on a cloud. They have flats and low heels. Check them out on Zappos.

We leave for a 9 day cruise in a little under a week....still on the fence with how many shoes to bring. I'm something of a shoe freak and can't help myself when I see a cute pair at a great price....decisions, decisions. So far I have picked 2 flip flops, 3 sandals, 3 heels, walkers, and running shoes...that is if I can sneak them all into the luggage:)

Lois R,

Any ideas?

Barb

Hi Barb:)....have you ever shopped on Zappo's? They have so

many shoes it is hard to pick;) I do have a few pairs of a brand

called "Italian Shoemakers" and in my opinion they can definitely

dress up an outfit. The heels are all (those ones I own) about

2 inches....maybe a little less and are sort of wedge style heel so

easy on the foot.

:eek:wow what an interesting thread! i love shoes too, but super picky about them.

in the past i've packed light, when it came to shoes. i've been able to get away w packing a pair of heels (for formal nights), some comfy walking shoes (for port days) and at least 2 pair of flip flops for the ship and beach.

now you guys really have me thinking about bringing shoes on my next cruise, Allure in June!

925891_fpx.tif?op_sharpen=1

these are my fave shoes to go out in, theyre so cute, and pretty comfortable, for a 4" platform wedge heel. if i bring these, theyre going to take up so much space in luggage, but i'm not sure if i'm ready to walk the airports and port on first and last days.

i've heard ppl rave about yellow box sandals, and really thinking about buying a pair in time for the cruise, if i can find a pair that isnt so gaudy...

:eek:wow what an interesting thread! i love shoes too, but super picky about them.

in the past i've packed light, when it came to shoes. i've been able to get away w packing a pair of heels (for formal nights), some comfy walking shoes (for port days) and at least 2 pair of flip flops for the ship and beach.

now you guys really have me thinking about bringing shoes on my next cruise, Allure in June!

925891_fpx.tif?op_sharpen=1

these are my fave shoes to go out in, theyre so cute, and pretty comfortable, for a 4" platform wedge heel. if i bring these, theyre going to take up so much space in luggage, but i'm not sure if i'm ready to walk the airports and port on first and last days.

i've heard ppl rave about yellow box sandals, and really thinking about buying a pair in time for the cruise, if i can find a pair that isnt so gaudy...

I'm in love with those...JEEEZ

Lois R,

Any ideas?

Barb

BBM

There is, and you can enjoy the challenge of selecting what you like best if you try: www.auditionsshoes.com

Aerosoles is the one brand I've found that works best for me when I need soothing comfort but want to appear "dressy."

HAPPY CRUISING!

I'm bringing about three pairs of dressy pumps (two pictured below) and like 3 or four pairs of sandals and I still haven't purchased comfortable walking shoes. Maybe I'll just stick with flip flops for when my feet start to hurt. lol 'Cuz I know they will.

I have the same silver pumps that I am bringing!

I have so many shoes that I am bringing.

I hope I can figure out how to upload these right...

The pumps are SUPER comfortable. They run a little big. I bough them in 9WW, but could have used an 8.5. I'm planning on having another hole punched in the strap so I can tighten them a bit. I plan to wear them for elegant nights.

The stacked heel sandals with the flower, also VERY comfortable. They don't come in a WW, but they're comfortable in a W, and cute! I plan to wear them in the MDR with a sundress for non-elegant nights.

The black leather sandals are easy to get in and out of (all closures are hook and loop). I love the pewter accents, and they're seriously like walking on pillows.

I actually don't think that the ballet flats are coming on the cruise. :confused: I thought they were cute so I bought them in the same batch as the other three and have been wearing them to work! They run a little big, so I am going to get some foot petals for them, and they work well with thick socks.

1236235540_31yMCF5tZL._SX395_.jpg.e5965bc96eb92282aace27b60f669c68.jpg

1759512-p-DETAILED.jpg.d20b883e333509689bdfd33f9c6b0a51.jpg

prope417360_222762_jb1.jpg.96e81e8cff3c5997fb9f55534047350f.jpg

shoes_iaec1227566.jpg.200445194dc2a77030d6e57b10070e38.jpg

I just book a 13 days TA cruise fantastic you will say but I forgot that I would need some nice shoes to wear at night, with the new dresses I could not resist to buy.

After looking at all the nices shoes you posted and the good adresses it made me realize my dilemma

Since I broke my right foot twice in the past 18 months, witch it did not heal properly, I forgot that I could not wear heels like I use to.

Wearing my orthopedic shoes is out of question but you may see me with sandals... I will try to buy the more formal one with no heel...

I wear my Aerosoles sandals or sneakers for sight seeing(depending on excursion we choose), 1 pair of aerosoles black kitten heels that I wear on all dinner and formal nights,and bedroom slippers and pool shoes. Thats it no fuss no muss.

Wish I can wear all the hot looking wedges and heels in the picks(dr says no). Crocs and anything thing is a thong hurts my feet.

Archived