potential to misuse caller ID on board

sailandcruise

"Misuse caller id?" Why should we care? On many ships all you have to do is walk through the corridors and read the little name tags (often color coded with the passenger's past cruise status) which is a lot easier then caller id? Am I missing something here. What is the problem?

Hank

I find this feature quite useful. Whenever I secretly video tape the couple on the next balcony making whoopee, I can call their stateroom number to find out their real names, which I then include with the video when I post it on the web so people will know who they really are. Makes watching the video even more interesting, especially for friends and family :D;):D:cool::D

On the same subject, can anyone tell me why my lovely brides name shows up and not mine? It's my credit card they have, I pay for the cruise. Our best friends have this happen to them as well. :D

That's an easy one...Cause what is yours is hers and what is hers is hers. It's in the wedding vows! :p:D

Princess puts your name outside your cabin door. I suppose that's better from the standpoint that you need to walk around to find out who is in which cabin :-).

:eek: I certainly would not want my name posted on my door (if) cruising as a single female passenger.............Just saying.

Nor would I want my name placed outside my stateroom door! :mad: Why does Princess do this, pray tell? :confused:

Nor would I want my name placed outside my stateroom door! :mad: Why does Princess do this, pray tell? :confused:

Don't know, but it's come in very handy to when friends are trying to find us, but don't know our cabin number. Maybe they think of it as a cabin version of "Hello...my name is..." tags. You can always remove it once you arrive.

Until this thread was posted, I had never given this issue a second thought. I have caller ID on my home phones, cell phones, etc.

I actually like that when I need to phone friends onboard, I know that I'm getting the correct stateroom.

Living with a "what if" attitude sure takes a lot of energy, and I'd rather use that energy for living with "what is".

JMHO.

Anyone spending time calling cabins to compile a list of pax' names and cabin numbers a) needs to get a life and b) should probably choose a different cruise line next time around, one that offers a greater variety of activities tailored to his/her likes - like watching grass grow, guess the number of dust particles in a stream of sunlight and the always popular, count the grains of salt in the shaker.

Actually you know, Celebrity IS the only cruise line where you can watch the grass grow -- of course, that's only Solstice Class, though! ;) :p

Excuse me but if you were REALLY famous you would on a private yacht and not on an X ship.

Well if you are Nick Cage or Brad Pitt, no you wouldn't. But I know for a fact that Elizabeth Mitchell (Juliette from Lost) was on the Disney Inaugural Cruise to Alaska. B-listers take cruises too...

Until this thread was posted, I had never given this issue a second thought. I have caller ID on my home phones, cell phones, etc.

I actually like that when I need to phone friends onboard, I know that I'm getting the correct stateroom.

Living with a "what if" attitude sure takes a lot of energy, and I'd rather use that energy for living with "what is".

JMHO.

I agree. I have a tendency to transpose numbers, so this provides a check for me that I have called the right cabin.

For those of you who find this offensive, there is a simple solution: don't cruise with Celebrity.

Actually you know, Celebrity IS the only cruise line where you can watch the grass grow -- of course, that's only Solstice Class, though! ;) :p

Yes, but I thought of that only after I hit Submit Reply. Notwithstanding, it appears X is sorely in need of updating its list of daily activities to offer new activities intellectually challenging enough to detract pax away from playing the always exciting and incredibly addictive X specialty, Onboard Caller/Answerer ID Bingo, affectionately known to frequent X cruisers as Who's in Cabin 9432?

:eek: I certainly would not want my name posted on my door (if) cruising as a single female passenger.............Just saying.

I agree. FYI - it's just a piece of paper in a slot, which can be easily removed.

Notwithstanding, it appears X has yet to offer activities intellectually challenging enough to pull some pax away from Onboard Caller/Answerer ID Bingo!

I could just picture it. Instead of saying "B1", they could show a phone with "9114" on the Display. You then have 3 minutes to get to your cabin, to answer your phone, and win the prize.

It would be like a 2012 version of Beat the Clock :)

I could just picture it. Instead of saying "B1", they could show a phone with "9114" on the Display. You then have 3 minutes to get to your cabin, to answer your phone, and win the prize.

It would be like a 2012 version of Beat the Clock :)

For the final game on the last day of cruise, no running back to your cabin for the answer. No, no, no...much too easy. By that time you will have been expected to have memorized the names/cabin numbers of all pax in order to instantly shout out the correct answer and win the grand prize - the home version of "Who's in Cabin 9432 and Why Do I Care?"

For the final game on the last day of cruise, no running back to your cabin for the answer. No, no, no...much too easy. By that time you will have been expected to have memorized the names/cabin numbers of all pax in order to instantly shout out the correct answer and win the grand prize - the much coveted X shower cap.

Thanks for the laugh!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived