Are you supposed to get an invite in your cabin for the CC party?

wales4ever

Came back today from the Independance and heard/ had nothing, so only had the Crown & Anchor one.

Heard roumours on the cruise roll call that it was on at 10.30 am one one of the sea days but that was all.

Mind you 10.30 in the morning is a funny time to have it anyway..

Frequently guests are not notified of the M&M until it is too late. Here's what happens. The loyalty person has the invites prepared and gives them to housekeeping, usually before the previous sailing is over. The room stewards are supposed to put them in your room the day you board. But, they are sometimes so swamped and overworked that day that the cards are not always delivered as intended.

So, the best thing is to stop at guest services or see the loyalty ambassador the first day and find out when the party is.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

They are supposed to leave invitations in the cabin but I think I've only received them about half the time. I haven't noticed a pattern to the times. I've mostly had them early afternoon or late morning. The exception was the Radiance AK cruise where they scheduled it for 5:30 PM on the first formal night, which was also a port day. Not too many people showed up for that one.

I'm leaving on Adventure on Sunday. I got an email that the M&M was confirmed but no information about date and time has been posted on the RC webpage yet.

They are supposed to leave invitations in the cabin but I think I've only received them about half the time. I haven't noticed a pattern to the times. I've mostly had them early afternoon or late morning. The exception was the Radiance AK cruise where they scheduled it for 5:30 PM on the first formal night, which was also a port day. Not too many people showed up for that one.

I'm leaving on Adventure on Sunday. I got an email that the M&M was confirmed but no information about date and time has been posted on the RC webpage yet.

Cruise critic and Royal Caribbean have an unwritten rule that all Cruise Critic parties are to be held within 24 hours of sailing, or some such thing.

I have changed times for several Cruise Critic parties to beyone the specified period to a time and a day at sea, where it was convenient with everyone.

And Patty is right, normally CC parties are held around 10:30 the morning following the day of sailaway!!:)

Rick

I didn't realize that the M&M is at 10:30 on the day following sailaway. The M&M parties weren't structured like that on my previous RC sailings. Is there a way to remove my name from the M&M list so they don't expect me? The day following sailaway for us is a port stop in St. Croix. I have a tour booked from 8:30 until approx. 2 so I will not be on the ship during the M&M time. I don't mean to sound anti-social, but my port time is more important to me than the M&M party.

I didn't realize that the M&M is at 10:30 on the day following sailaway. The M&M parties weren't structured like that on my previous RC sailings. Is there a way to remove my name from the M&M list so they don't expect me? The day following sailaway for us is a port stop in St. Croix. I have a tour booked from 8:30 until approx. 2 so I will not be on the ship during the M&M time. I don't mean to sound anti-social, but my port time is more important to me than the M&M party.

We were on a cruise with a port day the next day and the M&M was the next sea day following.

We did not get our CC invite in our room on a B2B for 3 consecutive cruises?, but got the blank invitations at the front desk. The time and place are usually listed on the CC web site for M&M not too long before you depart.

I would say just don't show up. Depending on the number of people registered, if you (and some others that will be on shore excursions) withdraw your names, there may not be enough people left and RCI will cancel it. That wouldn't be fair to the people that want to attend.

CVU - "not too long before you depart" is right! We leave on Sunday and M&M information is still not posted on the website. I got an email that it was confirmed and Adventure of the Seas Feb. 26 sail date is shown on the confirmed M&M list. However the area for place, date, & time are still blank.

Frequently guests are not notified of the M&M until it is too late. Here's what happens. The loyalty person has the invites prepared and gives them to housekeeping, usually before the previous sailing is over. The room stewards are supposed to put them in your room the day you board. But, they are sometimes so swamped and overworked that day that the cards are not always delivered as intended.

So, the best thing is to stop at guest services or see the loyalty ambassador the first day and find out when the party is.

Happy Sails to You

It is actually the Group Coordinator who is in charge of the Cruise Critic Meet and Mingle parties.

If your scheduled to be in port on the day following the sailaway, chances are very good that it will be postponed until the first sea day. That has been our experience on several past cruises on RCI. You can usually check the Meet & Mingle schedule on CC for dates, times and locations of the various M&Ms to confirm when and where it will be held. If you can't make it, they won't hold up anything pending your arrival, so don't worry.:)

So, the best thing is to stop at guest services or see the loyalty ambassador the first day:confused: and find out when the party is.

Happy Sails to You

I can attest to this. Our invite came on tuesday. The M&M was monday, THE DAY BEFORE!!!!

It has been our experience that the M&M has been held between 10:30-11:30 on all of our cruises.

I agree. Ours has always been in the mornings. Early enough that my husband has yet to make one, he sleeps too late from celebrating the night before and I end up going alone. :rolleyes:

What happens at a M&M? I've never gone.

How long does it usually last?

It's just a get together of people from your roll call thread. There are snacks, coffee, juice, pastry's, etc. There is usually a cute game or two where the "prizes" are amazing RCI note pads, or other cheap promo gifts. Lots of mingle time. They're cute and a nice way to put faces to names from your Roll Call. Usually only last 45 minutes or so.

Came back today from the Independance and heard/ had nothing, so only had the Crown & Anchor one.

Heard roumours on the cruise roll call that it was on at 10.30 am one one of the sea days but that was all.

Mind you 10.30 in the morning is a funny time to have it anyway..

Just curious, I'm assuming you signed up for the MM on your Roll Call thread, correct? Not sure why you wouldn't have received an invite, I'm sure it was an oversight.

Archived