fuel surcharges, the clock is ticking

netgear2020

:( Yes this is making nervous too! I am already over budget for this vacation and now with gas prices it's gonna cost me twice as much to drive down to Ft. Lauderdale, not even counting the fact that RCCL will probably tell me I am gonna owe them more because of this too!

UGH!

We get what we deserve! We could be floating in oil but NOOO, we let one very small group of people prevent us from drilling.....so get ready for the fuel surchage and for $5.00 a gallon as the year progresses in you family car...unless you drive a $41,000 volt (but then only for 40 miles).

Sure they can. All of their fuel is bought on "future contracts"based on the price at that time . So, they are hedged very nicely as long as the contracts don't run out while the price is up. If they bought the contracts low they are in good shape. Can't rule it out though.

Oh Well....

... pun intended.

So far the Bean Counters have just raised cruise prices ahead of time.

But, if they do surcharge us I'll cancel all booked cruises that aren't

past final payment and book an All-Inclusive Resort for a week.

Déjalo en las manos de Dios.

:cool:

On the news, one station already at $5.00. followed closely by much of California they are pushing the mid $4 range.

Just think for every $2.00 a gallon you pay between now and your cruise...you might have paid for an upgrade, not worried about the fuel surcharge, put a few bucks in the bank for the DOD.....

But, ya get what ya deserve......

:( Yes this is making nervous too! I am already over budget for this vacation and now with gas prices it's gonna cost me twice as much to drive down to Ft. Lauderdale, not even counting the fact that RCCL will probably tell me I am gonna owe them more because of this too!

UGH!

Don't feel bad-we are driving from WV to FLL in March and again in December! Have you looked into catching the cruise connection bus in Florida? It used to be free, but still is reasonable.

Happy Sails to You

OOOEEE :D:D Bob and Phyl

:eek:WHAT THE FUEL!!!!

Rhode Island price is 3.77 up .10 from Monday??

they have not acted upon the sur charge yet...i doubt they will, as previously stated they buy on furture...and could have bought a cheap contract, if that runs out... than there could be trouble???

...I know we are usually higher than the rest of the country but I never seen so many increases so fast !

Last week regular was $3.79. I filled up on Monday when it was $4.04.

Yesterday & $4.24. Today $4.30 !

At this rate, we will be at $5. or above by Easter !

Gasoline prices in NYC/LI area are averaging $3.99 for regular, some stations charging 10 cents higher for c.c. (or, discounting for cash) - a few stations selling regular 3.93 are seeing long lines already. Similar prices at nearby CT - more in Fairfield Co/NYS lines and (3.99) lower at/pass New Heaven area along the I-95 corridor (3.79 regular) depending on the brand stations.

The infamous Citgo gas stations in the Bronx at the Hutchinson River Parkway was charging $4.69 cash for regular, premium is already over the $5 mark.

Our Honda runs on regular and we've previously paid as much as $50 in cash for a tank fill-up, using "GasBuddy" apps on the smartphone to check for best prices nearby - it will not surprise me at all for a $60 filled up very soon - sooner than Easter, at the current pace of price increases.

Our upcoming cruises is fully paid-up, but, the fuel surcharge .... x@*$#% is all that I can say. Meanwhile, what does our POTUS have to do or say about it lately !

Rising fuel costs will be passed along - eventually - to us, directly & indirectly. :mad:

...I know we are usually higher than the rest of the country but I never seen so many increases so fast !

Last week regular was $3.79. I filled up on Monday when it was $4.04.

Yesterday & $4.24. Today $4.30 !

At this rate, we will be at $5. or above by Easter !

San Diego County is averaging $4.23 today but all I saw was $4.36. One of the local news stations was doing a segment on how the gas prices are going up 'right before our eyes'...showing different gas stations pricing changing up and up through the day. Right Shippy? :(

We get what we deserve! We could be floating in oil but NOOO, we let one very small group of people prevent us from drilling.....so get ready for the fuel surchage and for $5.00 a gallon as the year progresses in you family car...unless you drive a $41,000 volt (but then only for 40 miles).

Anyone who thinks we can drill our way to lower fuel prices, please contact Sarah who has a bridge to nowhere in Alaska for sale. Oil regardless of where it comes from is price on the open market, so when you have this ridiculous talk about bombing Iran, it will effect the price per barrel.

If we had leadrship that did not ban Gulf drilling, leadership that did nto ban drilling in a frozen wasteland, if we had leadership that was trying to shut down West Texas drilling....three years ago we would not be in this mess.

GAS has never been this high in February....with unemployment at 8+% and underemployment in the low teens...these prices are destroying our nation.

You can be clever with your Sarah wit...BUT, you, will in the coming days, begin to face facts and reality. You hoped ofr change and all you will have left is change in your pocket.

Archived