NCL comfort policy

EuropeNow

Just curious ...where do you think the issue on deck 11 is? I have a deck 11 mini suite on the Jewel. We are midship cabin 11014. Hope its not too noisy ...

The first time we were under the Garden Cafe. We didn't get noise from the tables, chairs, and diners, that all being mostly on carpeted areas. However, for a period of time when the meals were being set up or taken down (preparing for the next type meal), the metal carts used to move things made quite a bit of noise rolling across the uncarpeted tectured floors above us. The next time we were under part of the Kids' Club on the opposite side of the ship. The noise from them playing, running, jumping was pretty loud until about 10 pm. Fortunately, it didn't start until fairly late in the morning. This next time we are starboard, under the portion of deck 12 that exits the Garden Cafe, but before it actually gets to the pool deck area. I've noticed that is a very low traffic area from early evening until later in the morning. I'm going to keep at it until I get it right.

Hello to all,

What would be NCL policy on my level of comfort if after spending one night in a cabin due to noise I would like to be changed?

If there are other cabins for the same price available would they make the change?

If the available cabins are more expensive,,, I would be charge... I assume but what if the cabin available is cheaper.... would an OBC be issued?

Thanks

EN

I think your question has been answered. But I'm rather curious, if you have not sailed on this ship before why you would think this might be an issue? Did you book a cabin under what might appear to be a noisy area? Have you had bad experiences in the past with noisy cruise cabins or hotel rooms? Did you read something that has you rethinking your location?

If you have any concerns about a particular location you chose, you may want to just rethink it now and change to a different cabin while you know you can, instead of having to worry about possibly a fully booked ship with no where to move to.

Hello to all,

What would be NCL policy on my level of comfort if after spending one night in a cabin due to noise I would like to be changed?

If there are other cabins for the same price available would they make the change?

If the available cabins are more expensive,,, I would be charge... I assume but what if the cabin available is cheaper.... would an OBC be issued?

Thanks

EN

If they have another cabin or suite they will move you. Last year on the Star we were in 9232 an Aft suite and the couple beside us were unhappy with the size of their suite, she expected it to be bigger (hold the jokes about everyone expecting or hoping that it will be bigger). The couple under us on 8 were bothered by the noise from below so NCL moved the couple besie us to a larger suite that was available and the folks below us were moved beside us. The couple moved from 8 to 9 were pleased with NCL's effort to help them but there was no way to please the wife that had been next to us. Her husband on the other hand had been happy in the first place.

Dave

The next time we were under part of the Kids' Club on the opposite side of the ship. The noise from them playing, running, jumping was pretty loud until about 10 pm. Fortunately, it didn't start until fairly late in the morning.

Do you remember what cabin you were in? We are booked in 11562-11564-11566 under the kids area on the Gem, although I believe we are under the kids library and partially under the kids pool. I hope it will be fairly quite in the cabins at night and early morning. Don't mind some noise during the day.

Back in 2004, i was in a suite on the good old Norwegian Majesty. One night very late was a party in a public venue that normally didn't hold a party, I didn't worry about it, the next morning joggers feet on the promenade woke me up early. That night as I prepared for some rest loud music turns on again, I tried to ignore it but at about 1am I couldn't take it anymore. I went to the desk, asked what they could do, she told me she did have a room, but it's not a suite, but it was available, and I could sleep there if I would like. Someone else behind the desk then said that the music will end in 20 minutes anyway, so I would probably be happier in my original room, so that is what I did. So if a room is available, it's not out of the realm of possibly for it to be offered. But again this was years ago.

Do you remember what cabin you were in? We are booked in 11562-11564-11566 under the kids area on the Gem, although I believe we are under the kids library and partially under the kids pool. I hope it will be fairly quite in the cabins at night and early morning. Don't mind some noise during the day.

On the Pearl, it was 11578, the cabin that was under the Kid's Club. It looks like your cabins are far enough forward from that to maybe not be affected. And again, the kids' activities do terminate by about 10 pm or so.

I dont know if you are in a balcony cabin, but if you are, then sleep with the door opened (as long as you dont have smokers next to you!) that's what I do - and the earplugs. Sometimes people are noisy on the balcony as well though. The higher level earplugs really work well.

For those who are noise sensitive the safest cabins are generally those with cabins above and below - for noisy neighbors, a friendly request for quiet should be enough - and as for noisy teenagers, an early morning "wake up call" should take care of them nicely;)

We had this problem on our honeymoon - we were next to a room of teenagers, whose parents were somewhere else on the ship. About 2/3 am every morning, presumably when the club closed, it got INCREDIBLY noisy. Apparently every other teen on the ship was hanging out in this room till 4 AM or later.

One time we called the front desk and said it sounds like there are 10 people over there... and security came up and confirmed it was actually 12. We never asked to be moved. However, partly through the cruise a family disembarked due to being seasick. They offered to let us move rooms (I think we must have had to call the front desk a few different nights). We did take them up on it.

My Fiancee and I had a similar experience on the Star in November. It took only one call to the front desk for security to come knocking. The noise stopped immediately and we never heard another peep.

We were offered to switch rooms - which we declined as it was just too much hassle to move since the noise had stopped. We were sent a plate of chocolate covered strawberries from guest services. They did a great job of resolving our concerns.

Yes it is somewhere between 129 and 135 ..it has about 15 choices. Just the white noise though is ample. I'd go to a store and test it out. Make sure it has a volume. Same as sleeping in a balcony with the door open :)

Bed Bath and Beyond has one for $20. I take it every time. Brookstone has a travel one for $99 but my husband didn't like the white noise. I also take a little fan

I am a very light sleeper and always take my little fan. That plus an Ambien usually does the trick!

It does seem like the OP has maybe selected a cabin that has a high probability of being noisy. OP, switch now if you can because it is highly unlikely that you will be given a better room after the ship sails.

:p we were upgraded at no charge due to a complaint we had. we had 3 cabins and we were all moved up from deck for interior to balcony and ocean views. the complaint wasn't bad but they moved us with in a couple hours. however when we boarded the ship we were informed they were completely full...

It does seem like the OP has maybe selected a cabin that has a high probability of being noisy. OP, switch now if you can because it is highly unlikely that you will be given a better room after the ship sails.

The OP never returned to answer any of the questions asked. They were on today but didn't pop in to answer.

Bed Bath and Beyond has one for $20. I take it every time. Brookstone has a travel one for $99 but my husband didn't like the white noise. I also take a little fan

There's also an iPod/iPhone app for white noise. I'm sure the Android market carries them too.

On our second cruise we booked a guarantee and ended up over a nightclub. Wecdidn't sleep the entire cruise and learned after that to book early and carefully select cabin location.

The ship was full and there was no where to change cabins.

Book your cabin carefully and make sure you pick an area that is over or under cabins so you will have the best chance of little noise.

Or you can buy a White Noise Machine at Brookstone. Well worth the money. We take it everywhere along with an extension cord.:)

There's an APP for that! ( I have it!) Works great and a lot cheaper.:)

(providing the OP has an iPhone of course)

Archived