Question about arrival day airport transfer in FLL

kahliasmom

I am taking a 6:00am flight out of Newark to be at the dock early enough to be one of the first on the ship, the Oasis of the Seas in Fort Lauderdale. RCI says not to arrive before 1pm, but I have always boarded before that. Usually boarding between 11 or 11:30am, with the latest being 12pm.

My travel agent has arranged for me to get the shuttle to the dock with Royal Caribbean. The information I am reading seems to say that the earliest shuttle to depart the airport is 11:30. I want to get to the dock before that. Maybe I should just cancel the shuttle and take a taxi to the dock so I can get there sooner? Does anyone know if this is true that the first shuttle to leave the airport is around 11:30? How much does it cost to take a taxi from the airport to the Oasis? Thank you.

Oh thanks Wieslaw. I think $15 dollars is cheaper than what RCI is charging. Me and dd10 will only have carry on as far as luggage is concerned. Sent ours down with my parents in Jan, who will be driving to FLL from Tampa area. Probably saved about $100 there and it is the earliest I have ever been packed for a cruise. :)

A taxi from FLL to port for two should be approx $ 15.00-$18.00...and about a 10-15 min ride..Cancel the transfer and use a taxi or you will be waiting with a large group of people and will definately not be even close to being in the first group onboard...We have been the first ones in line arriving approx. 9-9:30am.. first ones to be checked in and first ones onboard (priority) 11:00am..a strange feeling but "exciting"..even being the first ones to walk in the WJ :D

Archived