Laundry by the Bag?

Travelrd

does anyone know if princess offers to do your laundry by the bag, the way holland america does? i know you can have laundry done per the laundry list, but i was wondering if you can get a certain amount of laundry washed and folded per bagfull.

cheers and thank you

does anyone know if princess offers to do your laundry by the bag, the way holland america does? i know you can have laundry done per the laundry list, but i was wondering if you can get a certain amount of laundry washed and folded per bagfull.

cheers and thank you

Unfortunatly, the by the bag offer is very random. And at times not offered at all. Thus you can't plan on it. :confused:

...the $20 per bag is what i am hoping for.

I see you're sailing on the Emerald. We sailed on her on a B2B in January and February and it was offered for one day on each cruise. Keep an eye out for a notice in the Patter.

Enjoy your cruise...

Lew

Hi,

Thanks for the information. I am cruising on the Emerald Princess this July for 11 days and was wondering about this laundry special. My parents have done several long cruises with Princess and Holland America and advised me about these specials (my mother said that she is able get an incredible amount of laundry into one of these bags). I will be watching my Princess Patters closely. :)

Chuck

paul...the $20 per bag is what i am hoping for.

David be aware that Princess uses a paper bag that is a bit smaller than HAL's cloth bag. You can still get a lot in it by rolling things tightly but not an entire cruise worth of dirty stuff.

yes i know. holland america gives you a paper bag but it's surprising how much you can get into one of those bags. if i remember correctly, hal lets you do it at least twice per cruise. giving you the opportunity to do it within the first four days of a 10 day cruise really isn't much help. i'll keep my fingers crossed.

cheers

I am on Emerald right now, and today is $20 laundry bag day. We are on a back to back and last 10 days they had it twice. It is well worth it. Clothes come back very nice. Just remember to roll your clothes. You can get a lot more in that way. Usually they come back in day & half...all on hangers!

yes i know. holland america gives you a paper bag but it's surprising how much you can get into one of those bags. if i remember correctly, hal lets you do it at least twice per cruise. giving you the opportunity to do it within the first four days of a 10 day cruise really isn't much help. i'll keep my fingers crossed.

cheers

I don't know what sort of bag HAL uses, but Princess bags are made of very thin paper. As others suggest, roll your clothes tightly.

I agree. Fortunately I don't have to worry about that. ;)

Neither do I but it does get frustrating to pack a bag with a pair of jeans & two shirts only to have it rip end to end. I can only imagine people trying to get their $20 worth stuffing them to the max. :D

Neither do I but it does get frustrating to pack a bag with a pair of jeans & two shirts only to have it rip end to end. I can only imagine people trying to get their $20 worth stuffing them to the max. :D

Advice to people stuffing $20 bag. DON'T do it with jeans. Much more cost effective to launder on your own. Stuff the bag with anything else.

Archived