Using cash on your seapass

csk

If you are setting up a cash account and you purchased OBC in advance, there is no reason to authorize a card? :confused:

Correct, regardless of OBC, you do not need a credit or debit card to set up a cash account.

OK, thank you for the replies. I guess what I'm asking is if you by OBC and then put a credit card (instead of a debit card or cash down), do they preauthorize as you go or do they just hit the OBC first and then start authorizations against the credit card?

Thank you!

XO,

DG

OK, thank you for the replies. I guess what I'm asking is if you by OBC and then put a credit card (instead of a debit card or cash down), do they preauthorize as you go or do they just hit the OBC first and then start authorizations against the credit card?

Thank you!

XO,

DG

I imagine they take your charges out of your OBC and once the OBC is used up, they bill the credit card for the remaining balance at the end of the cruise. :)

Keep in mind if you pre purchase OBC or have OBC coming to you from the cruiseline or travel agent, it will likely not show up on your onboard account until a couple days into your cruise.

Thank you!

XO,

DG

Your account is a running total. At the end of the cruise, they will apply any OBC to the account balance and then charge your credit card once for the remaining balance.

Hi,

Thinking about setting up cash account and have never done it before. I don't want to worry about carrying cash around though. So, can I give check-in agent cash deposit, say $1000, then just use sign and sail card as usual? If it's not all spent, last night I jut pick up cash from purser/cashier, right?

Just want to make sure I understand the process.

Thanks!

Kathy W.

Working on D+!

Hi,

Thinking about setting up cash account and have never done it before. I don't want to worry about carrying cash around though. So, can I give check-in agent cash deposit, say $1000, then just use sign and sail card as usual? If it's not all spent, last night I jut pick up cash from purser/cashier, right?

Thanks!

Kathy W.

Working on D+!

I dont think the check in agent will take cash. You would need to board the ship and go to Guest Relations and give them the cash deposit.

If its not all used, you would be able to cash out through guest relations the last night of your cruise :)

I dont think the check in agent will take cash. You would need to board the ship and go to Guest Relations and give them the cash deposit.

If its not all used, you would be able to cash out through guest relations the last night of your cruise :)

That is correct. My wife and I use cash on our trips. Check in, hop on the ship and head to guest relations. Give them however much you want and they'll deduct the money throughout the trip. When you get low, guest services will call you. On freedom class ships, we were able to check our balance on the in room tvs.

Pick up the unused balance the night before or morning of departure.

Hi,

Thanks!

Kathy W.

Working on D+!

We used cash on our recent LOS cruise. We had to go to the Guest Relations Desk once we got on board the ship, but the line was very very quick. On the last night, DH and I headed back to the desk and closed out our account. Very painless. Very quick.

Archived