Using cash on your seapass

csk

No problem using cash, my daughter and her friends do the cash Seapass account all the time. One caveat - you must settle the SeaPass account the last night of the cruise. Once settled, you cannot charge on that SeaPass account anymore. At least that's what my daughter was told.

Cash is KING! They will take cash..no problem! Just tell them when you do online check-in, and when you actually check in...you can put a "downpayment" onto your account...the amount is dependant on how long the cruise is...and if you want to...talk to the check in clerk!

So, deadline is 10 days prior to sailing and only up to $500 at a time. How do you do this?

Yes, you can add to your on board account within 10 days. See post #9 above. You just can't use the gift certificate method within 10 days, but you can use your credit card.

So, deadline is 10 days prior to sailing and only up to $500 at a time. How do you do this?

You can call the Gifts and Gear dept and tell them you want to purchase Onboard Credit...........the code # is 00065. Give them your reservation # and They will take your credit card number over the phone and email you an invoice.

the number is 800-722-5443

that way you dont even have to mess with the gift certificates

Thank you.

There is no 500.00 increment limits this way either :) They will let you purchase as much OBC as you want to Im pretty sure and I think you can purchase it up to 72 hours before sailaway.

I would tell them you want to speak with someone that is familiar with the process though as I was on the phone with one lady for 38 minutes before she finally figured it out!

the code # 00065 may help them speed up the process...........that is exactly the code that is printed on my invoice they sent me.

Yes, you can add to your on board account within 10 days. See post #9 above. You just can't use the gift certificate method within 10 days, but you can use your credit card.

We didn't mess with the gift card method, we just added it directly. You may be right about the deadline not being there. The first person I spoke to made a big deal about the 10 day deadline. The people I spoke to afterward didn't know what I was talking about.

There is no 500.00 increment limits this way either :) They will let you purchase as much OBC as you want to Im pretty sure and I think you can purchase it up to 72 hours before sailaway.

I would tell them you want to speak with someone that is familiar with the process though as I was on the phone with one lady for 38 minutes before she finally figured it out!

the code # 00065 may help them speed up the process...........that is exactly the code that is printed on my invoice they sent me.

There is a $500 limit (one woman even tried to tell me there was a $200 limit). They actually made me fax in a form for any higher amount... then misplaced the form, then made a "one-time exception" so that I could get the money in.

I think Royal Caribbean really needs to work on their internal communication. :rolleyes:

They do have a $500 limit for obc over the phone, anything greater has to be faxed in with a copy of the cc and id. One agent even told it had to be less than $500 and would only do $499:(. You can call back and pkace another order at anytime though.

If we're using cash for our seapass account do we have to put money down when we check-in or can we just pay off our seapass account on the last night of the cruise?

I have read differing accounts of this on this board, but my daughter and her friends have set up a cash account on 3 or 4 cruises and have not been asked to put down any money up front.

There is a limit as to how much can be charged before the account needs to be payed down. I've seen people report the limit as anywhere from $300 to $500. When this limit is reached, the SeaPass card will not be able to charge until the account is payed down.

They do have a $500 limit for obc over the phone, anything greater has to be faxed in with a copy of the cc and id. One agent even told it had to be less than $500 and would only do $499:(. You can call back and pkace another order at anytime though.

Thanks for that info :) The lady I spoke with didnt mention a limit but I only purchased 450.00 worth.

So, do they or do they not hit OBC before they authorize your card?

XO,

DG

If by "card" you mean credit card, they only charge the credit card on the last day. They add up all your charges, subtract OBC, and any balance is charged to the credit card.

If by "card" you mean debit card, I've read many conflicting reports. Some say there are holds put on the debit card, others say they get no holds. Maybe it depends on the policies of the financial institution that issues the debit card.

Archived