Hard Rock Cafe in Cozumel any good?

adisneygirl

Go to Hard Rock if you want to pay about 3 times the price...Go to El Centro, the old town center, pick a cafe , and eat cheap , and drink the same beer for $1 instead of 3 or 4 . We have never gotten sick. Just like near the dock last November, I went to buy a bottle of water, I asked for it in Spanish, una botella de agua por favor, and the girl said dos cinquenta, that's$2.50, and I said no gracias, and walked a bit farther, and it was 50 cents.

It's a hard rock. Similar to a hard rock in vegas, or cancun, or miami, or anywhere else. It's like going to McDonalds. I would fine something at least semi-authentic.

You are so right. That is why we go to the little, out of the way places..It feels a lot more like Mexico, rather than Burger King.

It's a hard rock. Similar to a hard rock in vegas, or cancun, or miami, or anywhere else. It's like going to McDonalds. I would fine something at least semi-authentic.

If they want to go to Hard Rock so be it. You honestly don't think someone that collects Hard Rock glasses knows what to expect and that it won't be authentic mexico?

There are a lot of people that follow Hard Rocks, or Margaritavilles, etc.

If there is a Bubba Gumps anywhere I will stop in.

What I like to do, is get a drink, a souvenir and an app... then hit up another bar, and repeat.

If they want to go to Hard Rock so be it. You honestly don't think someone that collects Hard Rock glasses knows what to expect and that it won't be authentic mexico?

There are a lot of people that follow Hard Rocks, or Margaritavilles, etc.

If there is a Bubba Gumps anywhere I will stop in.

What I like to do, is get a drink, a souvenir and an app... then hit up another bar, and repeat.

I didn't say not to go. The OP asked what to expect: expect a hard rock like any other hard rock. I prefer a more authentic atmosphere, what other people prefer would be: their preference;)

I am a Hard Rock fan myself. I have been there many times, it is the smallest Hard Rock in the world. We have eaten there and the food is Ok at best, it is safe to eat, one of the priciest Hard Rocks I have been to. Cokes were served in bottels with no refills. There are much better places to eat many people including myself can reccomend where if you want.

I would stop and get my glass, maybe an appitizer if you want but then I would hit the other places in Cozumel. It is a great port.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Walk off the ship.

Down the pier.

Hang a right

Follow the signs, not quite a mile.

We have been there twice.

We usually go to get a t-shirt.

Last time we ate there

3 of us, Hamburger platters and soda, over $40 with tip.

Went because we wanted the t-shirts.

Ate there because we were hungry.

Afraid to try other venues.

Safe travels.

Sue and crew

I just need to stop in and get a T-shirt. I'm guessing it is probably close to the port? Is there shopping, etc nearby that the group can spend some time?

If you are docking at Puerta Langosta, then you will exit the pier, go through the port shopping center, which takes you across the street, upstairs and back down again, turn right and keep walking until you are on the far side of the town square. If you are docking at the International Pier or Puerta Maya, you will need to take a taxi into town. Any taxi driver will know where it is located. The gift shop is downstairs and the restaurant is upstairs, so if you don't want to eat, you don't even need to go upstairs.

I collect Pins. I have over 75 from the Hard Rocks...I usually don't eat there. The food can be pricy, but it usually is safe and decent. I would prefer dining locally. Stop at the gift shop for your glass or t-shirt then move on!

I also collect Hard Rock pins (and Disney pins). The ones in Cozumel were probably the most expensive I've ever found. I only saw two that I really liked and I think I paid around $32 for both of them. I was dreading buying pins in Grand Cayman as I had always read how expensive it was there but the pins at the HR were actually much cheaper than the ones in Cozumel.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you!!.. :D

We are on the Dream.. So these are the directions we use??

e=Lionesss;36642585]Walk off the ship.

Down the pier.

Hang a right

Follow the signs, not quite a mile.

We have been there twice.

We usually go to get a t-shirt.

Last time we ate there

3 of us, Hamburger platters and soda, over $40 with tip.

Went because we wanted the t-shirts.

Ate there because we were hungry.

Afraid to try other venues.

Safe travels.

Sue and crew[/quote

• 3 weeks later...

We were in Cozumel on RCCL first week in Feb and notice a large Hard Rock guitar sign across the street from the shopping area at the pier. We walked across the street. Looks like they are putting new shops in also, but the Hard Rock just had signs that it was opening soon.

Does anyone know when this is supposed to open?

Archived