Good General Cruise Line

Bokkie

Celebrity used to be Head & Shoulders above the rest,Which is Top Dog now?

Now that is a loaded question and the answer will vary depending on who answers it...Personnally I don't go by cruise line, I go by ship. I have enjoyed all of my cruises to date....my personal favorite (so far) is NCL Epic. However there are a whole lot of ships I haven't had a chance to sail on yet :D.

Check out Cruise Critic's 2012 Cruiser's Choice Awards for what they have to say about this:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/cruiserschoice_index.cfm

For best overall, Celebrity did quite well with four of the top ten, including the top spot. Royal Caribbean also did well, with five of the top ten, including the #2 spot. HAL had the remaining top ten ship.

These ratings are based on your fellow CC member's reviews.

Top spots belong to the luxury cruise line Seaborne, Silversea, Regent, Silversea, Crystal etc.

Of course if you are talking run of the mill lines then it depends what you are looking for, Children love Disney, I prefer Princess, My better half prefers Holland America, some prefer NCL, other swear by Royal Caribbean etc. etc. etc.

We tried Celebrity once, and found the experience highly overrated, the staff had a poor attitude, and the food average at best.

john

John I agree with you.....we tried it once and thought they were superior only in their own minds:)........nice cruiseline, but didn't think they were much different than Princess or even RCCL...........but that's just an opinion on one particular cruise. We do plan on trying them again if there is an itinerary we want to do.

Archived