M class - C1 aft balcony or Sky Suite?

nmg222

Greetings fellow cruisers,

I am currently booked in a C2 on the Summit, #8045 which has the slightly larger angled balcony. A C1 aft balcony, 7203, has become available at the same price and S2 Sky Suites, 6121 and 6123 are only $50 more per person.

As this will be our first Celebrity cruise, was hoping someone has an opinion on these cabins.

Thanks,

Neil

What I would suggest is that you do a search of the Celebrity boards for those room numbers and see if there is information posted somewhere. If you were on S class, I would say as a general rule I would take the Sky Suite for that low a price difference as the CC rooms are not bigger than the regular balconies. For M class, the CC rooms are bigger so all in all I am not sure even that amount is worth it. I would suggest looking carefully at location - in particular, what is directly above the cabins. If you have the dining or pool area directly above a cabin you may want to consider an alternative. You can also review the perks for each category on the Celebrity website which may also help you choose. Some are valuable, some make little difference to most folks - it kinda depends what matters to you.

This past Dec. we had an aft balony, 8168, on the Connie. While hosting a cocktail party one evening one of the couples who were in a Sky Suite remarked how our room was almost twice the size of theirs. And that aft balcony is to die for!!

Over the last few weeks we have spent time in both.... take the aft if you make use of a balcony...

We were not impressed with the sky suite at all after having lounged at the back for two weeks.

Having spent 4 weeks in 7203 on the Infinity and only visited an S2 on a recent cruise, I would tend to choose the C1 because of the spacious veranda. Yes there is more room inside the S1 and you do have the butler, I found that we spent a great deal of our cabin time on the veranda. Might also depend on the itinerary, but if you expect lots of daytime warm weather and viewing, go for the outside space.

I agree that the C1 for the same price is a great deal.

However, if you do decide on the SS2 route....take 6123 over 6121 as my notes show a crew service door directly opposite 6121.

Whichever cabin upgrade you pick.....have a great time!

This past Dec. we had an aft balony, 8168, on the Connie. While hosting a cocktail party one evening one of the couples who were in a Sky Suite remarked how our room was almost twice the size of theirs. And that aft balcony is to die for!!

We switched from a CC to this cabin for our upcoming SA cruise on the Infinity. After reading all these wonderful things about the aft balconies and seeing the size of this cabin, I am so glad we switched. We are Elite members so we receive a lot of little "perks" anyways so leaving CC was not such a big deal. I usually only take CC or AQ if the price is right!

Archived