Thanks RCCL for making it so easy....

I still don't understand how this wasn't handled as a regular pricing drop... Wouldn't a screen shot submitted by your TA gotten you the new lower rate? Or am I missing something else?

I can only assume the lower price was "new reservations only."

I still don't understand how this wasn't handled as a regular pricing drop... Wouldn't a screen shot submitted by your TA gotten you the new lower rate? Or am I missing something else?

This is where I am confused as well. Same ship, same sailing = price drop. Unless you are trying to book through a special sale. If it wasn't a sale, then why did it need to be cancelled? This doesn't make sense to me.

It appears he never tried to get the price drop through the TA. He just sent them a cancellation notice. :rolleyes:

I would have called back and booked the cabin without telling the RCI rep that I already had a stateroom booked on that cruise.

You can continue to change the person booked in your stateroom until 4 days (I think) before the cruise sets sail. If they wouldn't allow you to use your own name, you could use a relatives - as long as you have the reservation # and know the people booked in the cabin, you can continue to make changes.

It sounds like you don't want to cruise RCI anyway, and that's fine. Have fun on Carnival!

This is where I am confused as well. Same ship, same sailing = price drop. Unless you are trying to book through a special sale. If it wasn't a sale, then why did it need to be cancelled? This doesn't make sense to me.

The price was not available through the travel agent or their Web. Whether it was a special sale or not I do not know.

The only thing for sure was that they would not hold the rooms until I cancelled with my agent because they claimed they can't have the same names in their database for the same cruise.

Go figure........

I would have called back and booked the cabin without telling the RCI rep that I already had a stateroom booked on that cruise.

You can continue to change the person booked in your stateroom until 4 days (I think) before the cruise sets sail. If they wouldn't allow you to use your own name, you could use a relatives - as long as you have the reservation # and know the people booked in the cabin, you can continue to make changes.

It sounds like you don't want to cruise RCI anyway, and that's fine. Have fun on Carnival!

We were just trying to be honest and never thought the company would do this to us, especially since the last two cruises we took were with RCCL and we had no issue about sailing with them again.

Look folks, I've wasted enough of every ones time. You can continue to debate if you like but I'm outta here. There's not much more for me to do and we already booked another line. It seems most everyone else just wants to bash me and at my age I really don't need it

Good luck, and I hope to see you on other threads

You know, in general I don't like snarky comments. BUT with that being said... You're really going to blame RCCL for you not checking prices before you booked! You booked with a TA knowing that complicates things.:rolleyes: (I use a TA myself) Sometimes things don't go the way we wished.:( We don't need to find someone to blame EVERYTHING on. It's OK just let it go! I feel certain it's not going to change world!;):D

Did you get the quote in writing saying the price would be the same the next day?

I understand your complaint, and it is justified. However you pretty much are screwed if you don't have that quote in writing.

Sorry if I missed it if you do have the written quote.

If you book through a travel agent, you have to do EVERYTHING through the travel agent. Royal can't touch reservations that aren't booked either by calling or using their website (you can, however, go through a lengthy process of getting your reservation taken from your TA if necessary).

This is not exactly true. Any TA, if they want to, can give permission to C&A, which will be acknowledged in your history, to manage any booking(s) for a client in the event that they are unavailable. All of our bookings are noted this way.

I think I must have read something wrong. Were you completely trying to cancel the original cruise altogether to book a different ship? If it was the same cruise, wouldn't that have just been a price drop? Or were you trying to cancel to rebook during a special sale? I don't understand what you were trying to do. But in either situation, your TA could have taken care of everything and at the same time, ensured that your price did not go up. Did she understand what your goals were here? I only ask because I am pretty sure that a lot of TA's would work hard to make their customer happy to keep their business. Seems like someone should have double or triple checked that price BEFORE the official cancel was done.

100% right!...I booked through a TA and one day the price dropped $300 pp!! I called my TA, and presto they price matched RCL's price and I still got to keep all the extra "incentives" the TA added onto my cruise.

I find it so hard pressed that the OP has been sailing for 30years and doesn't know this already. Good luck going to another cruise line and hoping for the same

RCI agents can't put a 24 hr courtesy hold on a reservation, you have to do it yourself thru RCI's website. Unless they have changed their policy, but I have never been able to have them do a courtesy hold for me, they've always said I need to do it myself thru the website.

And, many times, including as recently as last week, I have been able to do a courtesy hold for a new reservation even though I also had a separate reservation on the same cruise, in the same name.

Archived