Navigator window suite vs balcony suit

Hody

It depends on whether you would ever want to use the verandah or want to open the sliding glass door for fresh air. The suite itself is exactly the same otherwise. If you don't care about sitting on the verandah, the window suite is a better deal, obviously.

For example, we're on the April 3 cruise, which includes several days in port with nice views, so for use the verandah is useful.

Well, the suite sizes are the same as the balcony suites (also same size as on the Voyager -- larger than the Mariner). The forward suites could be noisy when the anchor is lowered and raised (very early in the morning) so I'd pick one as close to mid-ship as possible. While it is lovely to sit outside on the balcony when the weather is warm, there are other outside areas where you can sit. It really depends upon you. :)

We've been twice on Navigator: cruise to Alaska and cruise from Iceland to Norway. Both times we had a window suite. Looking back, I don't recall we ever being sorry we didn't have a balcony (even though we had in general good weather in both cruises). Of course, all things being equal I rather have a balcony, but frankly the savings were substantial by having a window cabin.

Regarding the prior comment about "anchor noise", we never heard any such noise. Our cabins were 524 and 515.

We were in 603 and while I love the extra width of the cabin, we had it on NYC to Montreal. We work up every day to the Anchor being dropped at 5:30 am while they dropped Anchor. The noise was unbelievable. Lot's of chain banging noise. We had some morning excursions but I guess I would not take the cabin again if the noise was a bother. We could not go back to sleep afterward. I was also in 722 which was a nice cabin fore of the elevator.

It depends on your cruise and whether you want the view. Last summer we were on a Mediterranean cruise. I loved going out in the morning and looking at the ports as we arrived. The views were incredible. In August we are doing Alaska in the Navigator and to me the balcony is a must. So once again, is all a matter of taste. My husband likes going out on the balcony to take pictures and a drink before dinner is nice too.

Archived