Platinum hors d'oevres and petit fours???

Jadehenry

Only strawberries on the first formal night and no more petit fours.

If you don't like strawberries or are allergic as I am, you can switch it for a cheese plate, just inform Guest Services ahead of time.

The new offering is better for me, although they have cut back on the offerings for platinum now, no stationary and no seafood platter, I'm suprised they still put the mint chocolate in the room. I miss the post card and ship portrait placemat as well as the Midnight Gala Buffet, sure glad we started cruising years ago, or we'd never know what we miss.

Recently sailed a weekender on the Sensation. Chocolate covered strawberries and some yummy pastries on the formal night. Plus a great new Platinum gift! In addition to the ship pin, we received a nice sling-type backpack with the Carnival logo on it.

I only used the stationary as part of my scrapbooking, so I don't mind not getting that this time.

People bitched and it was changed. Nothing to do with cutbacks.

Put your pom poms down, CCL could care less about what people think, a cut back is a cutback.

Do you think that CCL took away the special platinum galley tour because people "bitched"?

People bitched and it was changed. Nothing to do with cutbacks.

Net net we got less. Did enjoy the choc covered strawberries but steward grabbed it before we were finished. There was some strange choc and van cake that was not very good.

Next time will just empty the cooler and stick them in there.

Put your pom poms down, CCL could care less about what people think, a cut back is a cutback.

Do you think that CCL took away the special platinum galley tour because people "bitched"?

It has nothing to do with pom poms, I watched the whole thing unfold on The Brand Ambassadors™ Facebook page. People were complaining so he had his own private poll and a while later it was changed.

As far as the galley tour goes, since it is a ZERO COST benefit, I'll take JHs word that it was cancelled due to lack of interest (how many times can you walk through an almost empty galley anyway :rolleyes: ).

Plenty of things have been cut back to save money, the chocolate covered strawberries may be cheaper, they may not. They due however come from the onboard revenue side of the house (Cafe) as opposed to the free food side.

As far as the galley tour goes, since it is a ZERO COST benefit, I'll take JHs word that it was cancelled due to lack of interest (how many times can you walk through an almost empty galley anyway :rolleyes: ).

Maybe that should be turned into a 2nd cruise perk so that the lower tier gets something more than a past-guest party. Of course if you're silver+ and have done it once no need to go again, but think of the publicity for 2nd time cruisers to talk it up to first time cruisers. A good way to start loyalty.

Maybe that should be turned into a 2nd cruise perk so that the lower tier gets something more than a past-guest party. Of course if you're silver+ and have done it once no need to go again, but think of the publicity for 2nd time cruisers to talk it up to first time cruisers. A good way to start loyalty.

So telling a 1st time cruiser that on the second cruise, they get to walk thru an empty galley, will create a loyal customer? I am not sure that for most first timers, that would be a tipping point.

Not a cheerleader thing. JH actually did take a poll on his FB site where his loyal followers "voted".

So telling a 1st time cruiser that on the second cruise, they get to walk thru an empty galley, will create a loyal customer? I am not sure that for most first timers, that would be a tipping point.

On my second cruise, I'd have been all over a free galley tour!

It was open to all passengers and we did it once or twice.

Did see quite a bit of prep work going on and found it interesting.

It was open to all passengers and we did it once or twice.

Did see quite a bit of prep work going on and found it interesting.

My point was that a PP suggesting offering this to second time cruisers to as a way to develop loyalty. My point was that I doubt a second time cruiser telling a first time cruiser that they could tour the galley on the next cruise would be a "perk" that would bring someone back. I would think that most that are going to become repeat customers wouldn't base that on whether they are offered a galley tour or not. I would think it would be interesting as well, just never fit into my schedule.

Archived