Chef's Table on the Epic

calimn

We sailed on the 2/18 cruise on the Epic and were able to attend the first chef's table (at least they said it was the first). It was held on Tuesday night in the Epic Club. It was limited to 12 people and had a surcharge of $75 which included food and drinks. We also received 2 pictures, 1 w/chef and 1 group picture. We enjoyed the dinner, and thought I would let people know. We signed up the first day and I believe was full by that night. We found out about it via signs at restaurant desks and had to sign up at the dinner reservation desk.

img002.jpg.1b9891374736a3765235ab825544b622.jpg

This looks so amazing! I'm crossing my fingers that They'll have this on the Dawn when we go in November. Btw, can anyone tell me if they ever offer the "dine with the officers" opportunity that they used to? The last time I was on a cruise was in 2008 and we were fortunate enough to be able to dine with the F&B director. That meal was one of the best cruise meals I've ever had second only to our meal in Cagney's on that same cruise.

Nice to see this, the $75 price is not bad. Most restaurants get at least $100 and up for this. So they are giving you at least $25 off what you would pay for a meal with wines. I have never seen a chefs table with wine for less than $85.

Nice to see this, the $75 price is not bad. Most restaurants get at least $100 and up for this. So they are giving you at least $25 off what you would pay for a meal with wines. I have never seen a chefs table with wine for less than $85.

We are on the Sky in April and if it is there we might give it a try and report back. We have a Chef's Table at the Angus Barn in Raleigh where it is $85 pp, including tax and tips with a comparable (or better) menu. The difference is that it is a table for two for that price. You get the full attention of the chef and staff. As a "surcharge" the $75 pp seems high but still may spring for it.

One of the attractions for us was eating in the Epic Club. Also the chef tries to put his very best on the plate. The sea bass was cooked to perfection and the dessert way better then else where on the ship. The service was also top notch. The last thing for me is eating at table with others who really like food! It is their conversation I enjoy the chef was actually quite uncomfortable when he described the food, but sat with another couple in the lounge and talked for 45 mins with the after dinner drink.

Can I ask what the draw is for this? I wasn't that intrigued by the menu, and I'm not sure eating with the chef (or crew) is my first choice of dinner companion.

As I was scrolling down, I had the same question Mike

I got so excited that this was something I wanted to try until I saw the menu and was like.......uhm maybe

The cocktails are included?

Everyone raves about this and now it is on every ship

We just did this fabulous dinner on the Jewel. The menu was the same and all the wine and after dinner drinks are included. The chef does not dine with you at the table but does introduce each course. Also our group of 12 had a galley tour included on one of the last sea days. We highly recommend this experience.

Yes all the wines were included and they came around and offered refills. So champagne, 2 whites, a red and after dinner drinks were included. Definitely would not be worth it w/o the included drinks.

Princess has had a Chefs Table for a few years and this sounds very similar..Princess has recently raised their price to $95 pp..

We have done it a few times, loved it and will probably try NCL's version...

Just completed this experience onboard Norwegian Star this past Wednesday (debarked ship this morning).

The Chef's Table . . . . was . . . . Superb!!! :D

Interesting menu. So Don, what was the item you thought you might not enjoy? I can tell you that Cheryl would not go for the veal! (or lamb.. or duck... or other "cute" critters)!

Tom

Interesting menu. So Don, what was the item you thought you might not enjoy? I can tell you that Cheryl would not go for the veal! (or lamb.. or duck... or other "cute" critters)!

It was the Asparagus Cream. When I saw it (in advance) listed, I was certain there would be an issue, and I'd have to find a clever way to hide it under the table. But was quite surprised at the offering, and finished about 75%.

The Ahi Tuna Tartare and the Short Crust Tartlet, were exquisite (especially the presentation of the tuna).

Gonna do some online descriptions/pictures as soon as I can get a bit of free time, and after some much needed sleep. Going out to see the brand new ship arrive very early this morning has put a dent in my sleep schedule. :o

• 2 months later...

I too am disappointed with this menu we did the Chef's Table on the Ocean Princess & menu you wise there is no comparsion. That also included all the wine including Champayne(which was flowing), a tour through the galley at service time we had to wear chef jackets & wash our hands before heading up to the restaurant. The chef prepared all the meats for us at the table, signed picture, long stem rose for all of us ladies & a signed cookbook. That was 75.00 now pricing is 95.00. No matter what cruise line it should be tried at least once it is a wonderful experience.

Archived