Southampton pre cruise stay

robinbird62

The Hilton and Jurys Inn both have cruise and stay packages. I used Jurys Inn, but wouldn't particularly recommend it. They said it included secure parking and transport to the ship. The parking was in a public car park under the hotel and the only security appeared to be the standard cctv. True there was transport to the ship, just not back again! I wish I'd stuck to my original booking at the Hilton, it may be a bit further away, but the documentation they sent me said that there was a specific part of their car park for cruisers.

Does anyone have any names of hotels in Southampton where you can stay the night before then leave your car there for the duratiuon of your cruise?

Also worth looking at The Dolphin Hotel part of the Mercure group. I was told it was cheaper to park and stay the night before sailing than paying for port parking.

Also worth looking at The Dolphin Hotel part of the Mercure group. I was told it was cheaper to park and stay the night before sailing than paying for port parking.

Excellent suggestion! We always use this hotel when we are departing from Southampton. Package includes room, breakfast, car parking and taxi transfers to/from the port. You can also book a dinner package if you wish. Lovely rooms, service, excellent location for walking round the town, local bars and very friendly staff.

You could stay 30 mins away in Brockenhurst in The New Forest at Careys Manor Hotel. I have noticed that they are offering a special pre-cruise deal inc. Parking and transfer. It is probably more expensive than the Southampton hotels but a lovely hotel with spa in a beautiful location.

Excellent suggestion! We always use this hotel when we are departing from Southampton. Package includes room, breakfast, car parking and taxi transfers to/from the port. You can also book a dinner package if you wish. Lovely rooms, service, excellent location for walking round the town, local bars and very friendly staff.

Another vote for the Dolphin. We had a lovely pre-cruise stay there last summer.

We stayed and parked at the Dolphin December 2010 it was a good deal - not much over £100 for b&b, parking for 12 nights and transfers to/from ship. When I rang today for a 10 night cruise this year I was quoted £139 for b&b and up to two weeks parking. Transfers not now included and there is no option for fewer nights parking. I was also told it is not possible to have room only with parking. I might enquire again during the week when there might be different staff on duty.

Hi,

Unless the hotel has its own mini bus or a pre arranged time for Taxi collection I would recomend port parking. We have spent several hours getting back to our pre cruise hotel and our car, as the queue for taxi's going back can be quite slow.

In July we have booked a premier inn for £39 a room(we need 2) and port carparking £130. We have our rooms till 12 noon so can enjoy a lesiurly breakfast and then take our own car to the port at our own pace. This was by far the best deal around and we will be spending the £50 per room saved on a nice meal and a good bottle of wine. Premier inns may not be 4* but they are comfortable and the new one in Southampton over looks the port.

Archived