Military cruisers?

Out to sea!

Have a question that maybe someone can answer. I believe (but do not know for a fact) that the person booking a cabin must be at least 25 years old or married to the second person in the cabin if under 25. Does this rule also apply to military members? My daughter (active duty Navy) wants to go on a cruise with her boyfriend (also active Navy). She is 19 and he is 21. Can they book a cabin on their own??

They are currently cruising on the USS Abraham Lincoln and have had no problems with that cruise!

Have a question that maybe someone can answer. I believe (but do not know for a fact) that the person booking a cabin must be at least 25 years old or married to the second person in the cabin if under 25. Does this rule also apply to military members? My daughter (active duty Navy) wants to go on a cruise with her boyfriend (also active Navy). She is 19 and he is 21. Can they book a cabin on their own??

They are currently cruising on the USS Abraham Lincoln and have had no problems with that cruise!

Small world! My husband is on the Abe too! We are going on the Pride in August to celebrate his homecoming!! He doesn't mind going back out to sea on a cruise ship!! :)

Hey MSgt..... Nope we can defend our country @ 18 but cant go on a civi cruise till 25:cool:

BTW isnt the 'ABE' on a world cruise

Yes they are on a world cruise... homeporting from Washington state to Norfolk, VA! Counting the days till they are home!!! :D

Both of the above answers are incorrect. Here is the right information:

Qualified Military Personnel (and guests in same stateroom)

Military Personnel (18/19/20 years of age) will be an exception to Carnival's Age Policy.

· Minimum age is 18 years of age.

· U.S Military only.

· Military personnel in a Delayed Entry Program are not eligible until period of active duty.

· Military personnel do not have to be booked under a Military Rate to be able to travel.

· Proof of Military eligibility must be sent to Carnival within 48 hours of booking.

· Passenger must be able to show Verification Documents at Embarkation as well.

· Verification Documents for Military minors include one of the following:

Ø Copy of the military LES (Leave and Earning statement) – provided the social security number is blackened out.

Ø Proof for Cadets: A letter from his/her Commander or a copy of a military pay stub - provided the social security number is blackened out.

ADGuyMG is correct! They're good to go, but just have to send in their documentation.

EXCELLENT! It would really "suck" to be able to serve our Great Country, but not be able to cruise.

When I was VERY young, many many years ago, I reenlisted in the U.S.M.C. the first time, and the reenlistment officer stated "well, I guess you'll head over to the club for a few drinks tonight to celebrate". I had to reply,,,,"NO SIR,,,I'm not old enough yet"! (I was 20, and the drinking age at that time, in California was 21!) :eek:

"SKY"

Military Personnel (18/19/20 years of age) will be an exception to Carnival's Age Policy.

· U.S Military only.

· Military personnel in a Delayed Entry Program are not eligible until period of active duty.

· Military personnel do not have to be booked under a Military Rate to be able to travel.

· Proof of Military eligibility must be sent to Carnival within 48 hours of booking.

Ø Copy of the military LES (Leave and Earning statement) – provided the social security number is blackened out.

Ø Proof for Cadets: A letter from his/her Commander or a copy of a military pay stub - provided the social security number is blackened out.

My daughter sent an email to my PVP (now her PVP too I guess). Waiting to hear back tomorrow. Hopefully it will all work out!!

· U.S Military only.

Thanks for the correction

Archived