Just Back! Navigator of the Seas Review, 2/26 3/3/12 6 Night Western Caribbean, with

Room Service--nice selection, quick, friendly, and fresh and hot. If anyone would like the Room Service menu, let me know--I have it!

Could you post it please? curious as to the options for room service.

THanks!

For the Grand Cayman Beach Suites, even though you didn't go there this time, in the past, did you buy a pass through RCI? Another company? or did you just take a taxi there?

We are sailing on the NOS and would be interested in going there for the day.

BTW, Great review!! Fun reading it and seeing the pics.

Just take a taxi there. It's $25 PP. This time they were overbooked so they weren't offering the passes, hence the day at Royal Palms.

Great job Stacy. I also saw your family on the web cam. I will be on the Navigator the 16th for a 9 day cruise. I made arrangements to get a banner from the guy that runs the web cam and my wife is in the process of making a banner to say Hi! to our grand kids. When I spoke to the web cam guy, I told him we would be under the life boats. He said he would do his best to find us and zoom in with the camera. I hope he does.

I do have a question for you. I was wondering what entertainers performed in the coral theater?

Thanks ,

Jerry

ps. I agee with you about Jamaica. I've been on 11 cruises and it's the only port that was fenced in that I can recall.

Hi Jerry, I will take a look at the compasses tonight and let you know who performed in the Metropolis. Funny you saw us on the webcam!

Ok Stacy, I'll check back here later. By the way,when I filled out the online form to request the be on the wave, it asked for a cell phone number, did they call you just before you got to the building where they film from?

Thanks for the great review. I picked up that you flew out of Akron/Canton. I was raised in northern Ohio and have flew out of there many times. We will be embarking on NOS in a week. My 2 previous cruises have been on MOS and have no complaints. Looking forward to the larger ship.

Have a great time, you'll love the Navigator!

OOOOPS !! Sorry Stacy, on my above post #74 I asked about the Coral theatre. I should have said Metropolis.

Jerry

Jerry, here you go:

Day 1, Ft. Lauderdale:

Welcome Aboard Variety Show

Featuring the Comedy of Phil Palisoul

Metropolis, Decks 3&4

10:45 p.m.

Day 2, AT SEA:

Celebrity Showtime: Matthew and Gunnar Nelson

"Ricky Nelson Remembered"

Metropolis, Decks 3&4

9:00 p.m. and 10:45 p.m.

This day there is also the Ice Dancin' Spectacular show starring Larissa Sherman at 3 and 5 p.m.

Day 3, Grand Cayman:

Headliner Showtime: Comedy/Juggling, Matt Henry

Metropolis, Decks 3&4

9:00 & 10:45 p.m.

Day 4, Ocho Rios, Jamaica:

Ice Dancin' Spectacular

Featuring Las Vegas' Larissa Sherman

Studio B, Deck 3

7 & 9 p.m.

Day 5, Labadee, Haiti:

Headliner Showtime: Comedy, Magician, Nick Lewin

Metropolis, Decks 3&4

7&9 p.m.

Day 6, AT SEA:

"Ballroom Fever"

Metropolis, Decks 3&4

7&9 p.m.

I was on this cruise!!! :D

Was an AWESOME cruise!!!!!! :)

You took GREAT pictures! Sorry did not have time to read your review, I will when I have more time!

The weather was perfect all week, well except in Ft Lauderdale, BUT was much better than home!!!

Just home from this same sailing and reading this and looking at your pics is helping ease the pain of being back in reality! We just loved the Navigator, thought the crew were some of the best we've had (esp. MDR staff) on any cruise.

The chair hogs on the first sea day were unbelievable, at about noon there were literally ZERO chairs to be had, on any deck! We were very lucky as we walked onto Deck 12 at about 11:30 that a woman said "Take this chair, it's the only one up here"...we grabbed it and as we moved forward someone else left so we grabbed theirs as well...intense! The second sea day was much better.

Your description of your time in Ocho Rios makes us glad we made the call to just stay on board...hate to do that in a new port but nothing that we read about excursions appealed to us, and we just didn't want the hassle of vendors. The ship was crowded that day, either many people stayed on or did half day excursions because by noon it was packed, they only had half of the Windjammer open and it was hard to get a seat.

Just home from this same sailing and reading this and looking at your pics is helping ease the pain of being back in reality! We just loved the Navigator, thought the crew were some of the best we've had (esp. MDR staff) on any cruise.

The chair hogs on the first sea day were unbelievable, at about noon there were literally ZERO chairs to be had, on any deck! We were very lucky as we walked onto Deck 12 at about 11:30 that a woman said "Take this chair, it's the only one up here"...we grabbed it and as we moved forward someone else left so we grabbed theirs as well...intense! The second sea day was much better.

Your description of your time in Ocho Rios makes us glad we made the call to just stay on board...hate to do that in a new port but nothing that we read about excursions appealed to us, and we just didn't want the hassle of vendors. The ship was crowded that day, either many people stayed on or did half day excursions because by noon it was packed, they only had half of the Windjammer open and it was hard to get a seat.

Hi! You probably passed me then, looking for a chair. It was UNREAL...my mom and I actually grabbed 2 seats next to the chair hogs (2 were there, one being an older man) and he didn't like that my mom's chair was so close to his. When she was in the pool, he kept pushing her chair (and all the consecutive chairs after) further and further away from him. It was truly unbelievable. I saw that same man every single morning in the same chair, first row directly in front of the pool (closest to the pool bar). It made me chuckle b/c after that day, they saved those chairs, too, so that no one could sit around them. Amazing!

You're right about Jamaica--it was tough to get a seat in the WJ that day. But be glad you stayed on the ship--I am basically laid-back and am used to the people of the Caribbean, but this time was really bad.

Thanks for replying!

Awesome pics and review.....

When's your next cruise????

Nothing booked yet, but hopefully next year again! I'd like to do this exact cruise/ship again (and over and over, ha!) but I see the NAV is moving to NOLA. I really enjoy leaving from FLL but don't want to go bigger than Voyager-Class. We did this same run (plus COZ) many times on the Majesty from Miami back in the day. I never get sick of Cayman & Labadee. Love the beaches.

Archived