Camera for cruise

Buster27

We are leaving next month on our cruise and I need a new digital camera.

Could someone suggest one for me that is EASY to use....I don't need any special bells and whistles....as I always just set it on EASY and never change it :)

One with a large screen display that takes a decent picture and is easy to transfer to the computer?

THANKS

We are leaving next month on our cruise and I need a new digital camera.

Could someone suggest one for me that is EASY to use....I don't need any special bells and whistles....as I always just set it on EASY and never change it :)

One with a large screen display that takes a decent picture and is easy to transfer to the computer?

THANKS

Most can be set to "easy". Put a few dollars more into a camera that has a long distance zoom feature on it. That way you won't get teeny weeny pics of something you might want a close up of.

We have had many digital cameras and it just seems they get better and cheaper as the years go by. The latest one we got, we purchased at Samsclub.

It is a Kodak easy share that came in a bundle pack for 89.91. It has 14 megapixels and came with the card, rechargeable battery, charger and a little bag. It has lots of bells and whistles too! :)

We have had many digital cameras and it just seems they get better and cheaper as the years go by. The latest one we got, we purchased at Samsclub.

It is a Kodak easy share that came in a bundle pack for 89.91. It has 14 megapixels and came with the card, rechargeable battery, charger and a little bag. It has lots of bells and whistles too! :)

Megapixels are for clarity, yes, but going for distance viewing is superior to me.

We, too, were looking for a new camera. The camera that we've had for a few years has started to develop some problems with the shutter, and we've yet to take it somewhere to have it repaired. Since my DW is technologically challenged, I wanted to find a Point & Shoot camera that is easy to use, takes good photos, and has gotten lots of good reviews. After doing lots of research, doing side-by-side comparisons of various models, and reading consumers' reviews, we chose the Canon Powershot ELPH 300 HS. It's less than $200.00, which fits in our budget. Because of it's compact size, the view screen isn't exceptionally large (approx. 3" x 2"), but it's big enough. If there is a Best Buy in your area, they'll have several cameras on display that you can look at and play around with. If this camera would suit your needs, consider looking at Amazon, especially the bundle packages, that include several extras. Also, don't forget to take at least one extra memory card and an extra rechargable battery with you.

Since Kodak has filed for bankruptcy, I'd be leery about buying one of their cameras.

Brands aside, a pocket camera similar CoolPix or Easy Share is

the one I use most. Turn it off and lens retracts and gets covered.

Thin and slides into a pocket.

Got tired of lugging large format/multi lens stuff around

and at 5 or 10 MP quality will surprise you with the new

easy share.

Advise...charge them every night and have extra memory

cards.

I bring several 8GB memory cards. Plenty for a 5 day cruise.

Records low res movies also. You know, vacation snapshot

quality stuff...not talking pro HD quality.

Long distance I just use hand held minicam with zoom....can grab

some clear screen shot stills from monitor.

Just some thoughts after having evolved from carrying heavy

equipment around to preferring easy share stuff.

:cool::cool:

I got a new digital camera a year or so ago, it's a Canon Power Shot SX130 and I love, love, love it. It has a 12x optical zoom, but goes much further than that. Here's an example:

See that white box-like thing on the far side of the lake?

IMG_0666.jpg

This is a close-up of the turtle that was beside the box.

IMG_0665.jpg

I think I paid around $200 for the camera. It's very easy to use, has an "auto" setting and an "easy" setting plus lots of other settings. I like playing around with it, to see what setting gives me the best photo.

I got a new digital camera a year or so ago, it's a Canon Power Shot SX130 and I love, love, love it. It has a 12x optical zoom, but goes much further than that. Here's an example:

See that white box-like thing on the far side of the lake?

IMG_0666.jpg

This is a close-up of the turtle that was beside the box.

IMG_0665.jpg

I think I paid around $200 for the camera. It's very easy to use, has an "auto" setting and an "easy" setting plus lots of other settings. I like playing around with it, to see what setting gives me the best photo.

That's what I was referring to for the versatility of a zoom!!:D

I am a huge fan of Nikon and Canon products. Nikon just came out with their new Nikon 1 cameras which are awesome!

ETA: They have high megapixels, large display screen and extra lenses for zoom. It's almost like a mini DSLR camera. I am in the market of buying a new camera and I am planning on purchasing a Canon Rebel DSLR camera.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are decent underwater digicams from Canon, Olympus, Nikon, Sony, Fuji - all the major players, that are easy to use and take good pictures in and out of the water. They aren't too expensive and can be a good choice around the beach

Just something to think about.....

There are decent underwater digicams from Canon, Olympus, Nikon, Sony, Fuji - all the major players, that are easy to use and take good pictures in and out of the water. They aren't too expensive and can be a good choice around the beach

Just something to think about.....

I just got a Fuji for Christmas with a nice zoom but now I'm looking for a good underwater one thats somewhat inexpensive (less then $150), any suggestions? I've read good & bad on the Fuji X20 and I'm not so sure about any others.

I have a Panasonic Lumix digital camera. It has 14 megapixels and the zoom on it is amazing. I think it has 35x optical zoom. Plus it has the diferent color settings where you can change your pictures from color, black/white, and sepia tone. I thought that was pretty cool. I believe it was like $140.00 but that was last year.

My recommendations would be the Canon Powershot or Sony Cybershot. I have both. They are great point and shoot.

Those are pretty broad recommendations though...as you can get a $100 Canon Powershot model or a $300 model....My Canon SX230 is a Powershot that runs right at $199

We've had two Panasonic Lumixes. The first one was nearly indestructible. We dropped it from face height onto rock/concrete/porcelain tile at least three times, a cat dumped a tumbler of water on it (that did kill the battery), and what finally killed it (after 5 years of abuse) was three kittens really, really liking the strap, and repeatedly pulling it from the coffee table onto the hardwood floor while it was out of the case (in case we quickly needed pictures of the kittens doing cute things).

The new one is under a year old, and I've shut it in the exterior door and dropped it onto the tile floor already, and it seems to be just as durable as the old one.

I think before we cruise we're going to get the waterproof/shock proof/very likely Coco and Cat proof TS3. They released the TS4 earlier this year, so the price dropped from $400 to under $250.

One warning- if you find a random site that has no reviews and is a lot cheaper than the others, that doesn't outline that the camera comes with a battery- it doesn't, and I would suggest using another company.

am a total tech nerd but got the Canon power shot A3100 IS last year and can't believe the pics I get with it. it's so good that our church had me take the pics of all the members for our photo directory!

I used to always used the "auto or easy" setting but this one is so easy to switch settings that now use the ind. ones.

am going to try to upload a pic to put on here for you but haven't had any luck doing this in the past. ?? as I said, am techno challenged. :o

My all time go-to camera is the Casio Exilim. It's super easy, durable, solid construction, has all the bells & whistles if you want to mess with it, its slim design allows for you to simply drop it into your short pocket and off you go! You can find them for a little over $100.00 Good luck and enjoy your cruise!

qME8mBFaCzZfH-GtlsaxZK0mQKY-qMiLgucLkxJWjphOAVAN3FCaUYB_k1ARNtycyjrb3Z_-H7qr5RZ2U2ZnroKxBB60oHXeTcv45WjJJ88KN5Zcp_UHRZoyc7THjRx-XxNrZSOK8psJXpxVRShIGnmRxRM

I am sure that it doesn't run in the inexpensive category but check out Aplmac's photos on the All Things Victory thread or just do a look up for his pics. They are really the best I've seen and have kept me fully entertained for the last 3 years especially prior to our Victory cruise in '09.

If not mistaken he mentions the lens as the big thing. I am not a photographer but the quality of his photos make me want to be.

Archived