Camera for cruise

Buster27

We are leaving next month on our cruise and I need a new digital camera.

Could someone suggest one for me that is EASY to use....I don't need any special bells and whistles....as I always just set it on EASY and never change it :)

One with a large screen display that takes a decent picture and is easy to transfer to the computer?

THANKS

They all have an EASY setting. They all take decent pictures and long as you do not try to make big blowups. They all have easy transfer to the computer. Most of them have a large screen.

Based on your needs and in the absence of any other information such as price point, size of camera, etc - I would suggest that you buy whatever is on sale or cheapest, put your own card into it to see how you like the pictures, and buy it.

DON

I have a Nikon Coolpix P500 and absolutely love it! Picked it up at Costco last year and it has given us incredible pictures. It has a 32x digital zoom, does movies and has all sort of amazing settings - AND can shoot in both color and B&W.

Regardless, I would definitely do a little bit of research and see what fits your budget.

Since Kodak has filed for bankruptcy, I'd be leery about buying one of their cameras.

Agree with this. They are no longer going to make cameras, but will be making printers/copiers. Talk around here (one hour from the home of Kodak in Rochester, NY) is that they might fold totally. We hope this isn't the case, but it is a possibility. We have a Kodak easyshare that works great for a back-up, but DH swears by his Canon cameras.

We are leaving next month on our cruise and I need a new digital camera.

Could someone suggest one for me that is EASY to use....I don't need any special bells and whistles....as I always just set it on EASY and never change it :)

One with a large screen display that takes a decent picture and is easy to transfer to the computer?

THANKS

I am a camera fanatic and don't take less the 1000 pics per vacation! I researched for 5 months before I purchased my last camera. My problem was finding one that has good low light capability...as all my interior pictures of the ships always look dark.

I have used a basic point and shoot and have also spent $1000+ on a D-SLR camera...but wasn't happy and didn't like carrying around and lens.

I ended up buying the Canon G11 a couple years ago...its now replaced with the G12. Best purchase ever! It takes amazing pictures and HD video! It has all the features on my SLR , as well as a basic Auto/point and shoot.

I love the camera !! The last pic was taken inside a ride at Disney in the dark with no flash... takes awesome pics

IMG_3927.jpg.b24b2e62d3eabe46db14ee72406dd6d5.jpg

IMG_3954.jpg.aa7a61adcc93add8708fe351b36d6418.jpg

IMG_3840.jpg.eac351f177fbd2d7d213c38e1ca233b0.jpg

Archived