Back home after fabulous week on the Sun 2/25-3/3

Just home from a great cruise on the Sun- what a fun time we had! I will be posting a full review with pictures in the next few days but I wanted to be available to answer any questions.

We sailed on the Epic last year and had mixed feelings about it, and we were definitely ready for the smaller ship experience the Sun delivered. The service was excellent, we LOVED our forward Penthouse Suite (9201) and even though this particular cruise was mostly retirees (only eight teenagers aboard!) our 13 y.o. daughter said it was her favorite cruise ever.

We ate in Il Adaggio every morning; twice at Modernos and once at Le Bistro for dinner; once at the Sports Bar and twice in the MDR. We loved having an after-dinner drink in the Observation Lounge while listening to the Latin band. We had a great time playing progressive trivia with Maria every day.

Our Meet and Greet was well-attended but we wish our original M&G leader New Mexico Nita had been there!

No rock wall- no Blue Man Group- no wavy walls but what a relaxing time we had and we would all definitely sail the Sun again.

Barb

It was nice meeting everyone at the meet & greet. I cannot wait to read your review with pics.

We too had an awesome time! Even though this was only #3 for us, this ship was the best! I like the quote I read above, The "Sun", the little ship that could!

Glad to hear you had a great time. We came back from our SUN cruise in January. She is still my favorite ship. Ours was one of the most relaxing cruises I have had as well. Looking forward to reading your review. I always plan to write a review when I get back but work gets in the way.

Thanks for sharing your experiences! Any chance there was a Lavazza machine in your penthouse?

There was a coffee machine but I think it was just a regular, small one. We didn't use it but I have a picture and will post it tomorrow.

We had the aft suite. Mr Coffee. No lavazza machine. Just ask your butler for coffee and he/she will deliver promply. If you get Rogin you will be very lucky. Mention something once and he remembers all week. He was awesome!!!

Just home from a great cruise on the Sun- what a fun time we had! I will be posting a full review with pictures in the next few days but I wanted to be available to answer any questions.

We sailed on the Epic last year and had mixed feelings about it, and we were definitely ready for the smaller ship experience the Sun delivered. The service was excellent, we LOVED our forward Penthouse Suite (9201) and even though this particular cruise was mostly retirees (only eight teenagers aboard!) our 13 y.o. daughter said it was her favorite cruise ever.

We ate in Il Adaggio every morning; twice at Modernos and once at Le Bistro for dinner; once at the Sports Bar and twice in the MDR. We loved having an after-dinner drink in the Observation Lounge while listening to the Latin band. We had a great time playing progressive trivia with Maria every day.

Our Meet and Greet was well-attended but we wish our original M&G leader New Mexico Nita had been there!

No rock wall- no Blue Man Group- no wavy walls but what a relaxing time we had and we would all definitely sail the Sun again.

Barb

Happy you had such a great time!! Latest reviews on this ship have been really awesome which makes me even more excited to sail her...only I have to wait an entire year :eek:

Archived