NCL Jewel - Tsar' vs. Azura

Highboy90

First time on the Jewel. Which do you prefer and why? :confused:

We personally prefer Tsars. Tsars is the larger of the two main dining rooms, and has large windows making it a brighter open space. Azura seems darker, and always seems louder. Tsars is a bit more formal, no shorts allowed for dinner.

Interesting question, but I don't see the reasoning behind it. I...like everyone else...have my preferences and those are, by definition, particular to me. So I simply choose the option that best meets my individual needs.

I would suspect that everyone else simply chooses what best meets their individual needs.

Thus, I'm confused as to how knowing my preference can help you or anyone else.

If you'd like some help making your own decision, perhaps you could share what you like and what you don't like and then we could offer our opinions of which option might best meet YOUR requirements based on your stated likes/dislikes and our own observations.

I've enjoyed both but on my last cruise, we had two great servers from Turkey that worked in Azura so we went back there and requested their area. As mentioned, our subjective approach to restaurants were where we had the most fun.

In reality, there is not much difference - one cozier and one larger and expansive.

We all enjoyed both. The menus were 95% the same one or two items may not be identical. We looked at who had the longer wait and went to the shortest (most often no waits if 4 or less eating) Tsar's often had music with dinner but could feel to big, for lunch and breakfast one or the other will be open. I think Tsar's was always the breakfast choice and I loved it. It is also the place to have lunch when you get on the ship and miss the hoards at the buffet.

Oh to sit with my tea, a book and eat poached eggs and grilled ham. More waiters than dinners, I loved my solitude at around 7-8 am. No kids, no dogs and not even my wife to interrupt it.

We liked the Tsar's it has a much rcher decor. It also has huge windows. We ate in Azura for the Murder Mystery lunch and it was much plainer and did not feel as open. I thought the food was good in each.

Everybody has reasons for either one. Try each to see what you like. It's YOUR preference that counts.

We prefer Tsars. We find Azura to be louder dues to the low ceilings and tightly packed tables, plus it seemed to have a higher concentration of young children who also added to the noise level.

Also, I find the chairs in Azura to be hard and uncomfortable.

Thank you EVERYONE for the comments. While we will try both, it sounds as if I will prefer Tsar's over Azura as I would like a "richer" decor and better window views. I also prefer seating to be more spacious no matter where I dine. Don't care for entertainment while I eat.

We will try a couple upcharge areas also but these boards are a weath of information and I'm just taking advantage of this to possibly help make my first cruise a more enjoyable one.

Thanks! :)

Thank you EVERYONE for the comments. While we will try both, it sounds as if I will prefer Tsar's over Azura as I would like a "richer" decor and better window views. I also prefer seating to be more spacious no matter where I dine. Don't care for entertainment while I eat.

We will try a couple upcharge areas also but these boards are a weath of information and I'm just taking advantage of this to possibly help make my first cruise a more enjoyable one.

Thanks! :)

As others have noted there is often a pianist in Tsars during dinner...at least for part of the dinner hours. You may want to avoid those times...they will be noted in the Freestyle Daily.

Interesting question, but I don't see the reasoning behind it. I...like everyone else...have my preferences and those are, by definition, particular to me. So I simply choose the option that best meets my individual needs.

I would suspect that everyone else simply chooses what best meets their individual needs.

If you'd like some help making your own decision, perhaps you could share what you like and what you don't like and then we could offer our opinions of which option might best meet YOUR requirements based on your stated likes/dislikes and our own observations.

Seriously????

As others have noted there is often a pianist in Tsars during dinner...at least for part of the dinner hours. You may want to avoid those times...they will be noted in the Freestyle Daily.
Yes, I will do that. Thanks! :D

Seriously????

My thoughts exactly!!

I'll be on the Jewel this summer so I read these posts with great interest. It sounds like we'll enjoy Tsars, but I'll be honest with you, the place looks butt ugly in the pictures on the NCL site. :)

Thank you EVERYONE for the comments. While we will try both, it sounds as if I will prefer Tsar's over Azura as I would like a "richer" decor and better window views. ...

I would have at least one meal in each. We have eaten in both on this ship and sister ships. There are times when we prefer one vs the other, so it is hard to say if we would spend most of the time in one vs the other.

Archived