Voyager from Singapore

hammo

We are booked on Voyager of the Seas on June 11 , sailing from Singapore to Shanghai . We fly in to Singapore June 10 late afternoon .Can anyone suggest a Hotel to stay at -- its just 1 night pre cruise so we are not sure if we should try and stay near the port ???

Thanks for any suggestions :):D

We are booked on Voyager of the Seas on June 11 , sailing from Singapore to Shanghai . We fly in to Singapore June 10 late afternoon .Can anyone suggest a Hotel to stay at -- its just 1 night pre cruise so we are not sure if we should try and stay near the port ???

Thanks for any suggestions :):D

We are on the same cruise hammo...go to our roll call and ask on there...Iluvcruising lives in Singapore and will be sure to answer your question...and make sure you sign up for our m&m as we would love to catch up:D

Thanks for the replies -- yes it is a shame about the one night but that cant be helped - we plan to stay a few nights at the other end - Shanghai and then fly up to Beijing for a few nights also.

The cruise is to celebrate my wifes mothers 80th birthday so we have booked adjoining promenade cabins for the 3 of us. ( hope the weather isnt too sticky )

I will certainly head over to the Roll Call for the cruise -- should have thought of that before . Have never been on RCI before - have had fine times on Celebrity , Carnival , NCL and Princess so I guess this will be the same. Hope the ship is in good condition .:D:D:D:D:D

Don't stay at the airport - why would anyone do that unless you are catching a very early morning flight. The hotel is fine, I've stayed there, but since you only have one night, staying near the cruise center would be fine as you would be more in town and very convenient to the cruise dock. Singapore has an excellent transportation system and you can go anywhere quickly and very reasonably. It would be nice to have more time there, though.

Don't stay at the airport - why would anyone do that unless you are catching a very early morning flight. The hotel is fine, I've stayed there, but since you only have one night, staying near the cruise center would be fine as you would be more in town and very convenient to the cruise dock. Singapore has an excellent transportation system and you can go anywhere quickly and very reasonably. It would be nice to have more time there, though.

Yeah, much better to stay in town, and you can at least walk around to see the place a bit.

Unless you have a very early flight.

• 3 weeks later...
Yes, Swissotel is also nice.

Location pretty much the same as Fairmont.

Swissotel Stamford does a little kids room adjoining adult room which is why we booked it on our last trip, kids thought it was brilliant with the kids toys/bed covers /mini tables and chairs/kids toiletries etc. They did vey good kids food too.

It was also staggering distance to Longs Bar at Raffles Hotel( which lets kids in where they can jump on all the peanut shells on the floor- this was much to the disappointment I expect of the unfortunate romantic couple who was seated next to our table. They had to be bought a sorry cocktail by us before we left).

A minor gripe is that, even miles up on the higher floors at the Stamford you can hear the traffic with the windows closed.

The Conrad is really nice...try priceline for a good price..identify area and number of stars and check winning bids for some idea of how much to bid.

If you get the Conrad think about upgrading to the Executive level for a few more dollars, free breakfast, nibbles and drinks. We paid $85USD and an upgrade I think was an extra $60.

We went to Breakfast with the Apes at Singapore Zoo the morning before going to join the cruise ship and that was excellent value. Singapore is very small nowhere will be very expensive to get to by taxi..they also have a really good underground railway system.

Try and find the time to checkout Little India (any taxi driver will know where it is) food is cheap and good everywhere. Pity you only have one night..Singapore really deserves a longer visit.

Sue

Archived