Wow...that was wierd....

I agree! When I book a B2B, I try to get the same room both weeks. To those who have not had to change rooms, how would you like to do it?

This is a no brainer! Royal Caribbean should have called Island Lady and explained the problem. She would have to move! OBC or better room should be offered for the mistake. Royal Caribbean should not try to pass the blame on to someone else.

Royal Caribbean wants you to book early and when you do, they give your room away!?

I do feel for Island Lady. She did no wrong and due to Royal Caribbean's mistake, now has to move. I hope she makes them pay for the mistake!

I hope this issue can be worked out.

I have quoted my response because it is waaaay back now.

After talking about my post with my wife, she thinks I came across blaming Island Lady or Mike&Nancy. Let me be clear: This is Royal Caribbean's fault or the TA.

My wife and I might cruise with either Island Lady or Mike&Nancy and I did not want to offend anybody.

If I was in either cruiser's place, I would be livid.

Royal Caribbean or the TA needs to come through for BOTH!!

John

(If I offended anyone, my name is Roy):D:D

I thought/heard that the cruise lines monitor the boards.......I guess not too closely, if I was rccl the matter would have already been resolved and everything in cc land would be harmonious.

RCI does definitely monitor these boards. That's well known.

RCI, if you're listening, perhaps you would like to demonstrate some GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE which would be publicly acknowleged and appreciated by all of the people reading this dramatic thread on cruise critic (many of whom are long-time repeat customers) by helping both members solve this situation amicably (how about upgrading OP to an OS?!?!).

Because right now, it looks like BAD RCCI CUSTOMER SERVICE.

;)

Hey, couldn't hurt?!

Ok....just got a call from RCI (which I am guessing is due to this thread. ;) ).

At first offered OBC...."Now lets face it. What good would that do for me, I asked

him"?. 5 night cruise, is what I would really call a 4 day. My sea pass bill on most

cruises is almost non-exist. What would I spend the money on? I get free drinks

in the DE, free internet, free photos, and my liquor cabinet at home is still full from

other duty free shopping events. All excursions I book online ahead of time, which goes

on the credit card ahead of time. This OBC would disolve into thin air once I disembark.

Though I really did not want to do it, (as my heart was not in it), I re-interated my

offer of accepting an upgrade. He finally agreed, and now that is the final outcome.

I am now moved to a GS, and hope this will make Nancy happy, as I am sure it should.

Though I asked the RCI rep, it was never admitted to me who messed up her booking...the TA..or RCI.

But I was assured several times that it was not me, and I had done everything

right on my booking.

Maybe someday I will finally get to experience that cabin...sigh.... :(

I will still enjoy my cruise! :)

Ok....just got a call from RCI (which I am guessing is due to this thread. ;) ).

At first offered OBC...."Now lets face it. What good would that do for me, I asked

him"?. 5 night cruise, is what I would really call a 4 day. My sea pass bill on most

in the DE, free internet, free photos, and my liquor cabinet at home is still full from

other duty free shopping events. All excursions I book online ahead of time, which goes

on the credit card ahead of time. This OBC would disolve into thin air once I disembark.

Though I really did not want to do it, (as my heart was not in it), I re-interated my

offer of accepting an upgrade. He finally agreed, and now that is the final outcome.

I am now moved to a GS, and hope this will make Nancy happy, as I am sure it should.

Though I asked the RCI rep, it was never admitted to me who messed up her booking...the TA..or RCI.

right on my booking.

Island Lady you win the Nobel Peace Prize!

right on my booking.

Very kind of you indeed. Not sure I could have given up that Aft cabin...however I am not sure the difference between the Aft & the GS. I am sure it is just as nice.

right on my booking.

I am a firm believer in karma and you just received a ton of the good stuff.:):D

Got a call from RCI today, asking if I could switch my treasured aft cabin #1100 during our

Valentines day cruise on the Jewel to allow a B2B cruiser to keep their cabin. They have

1602 and want to kick us out of our cabin so they would not have to move. Geeez...

I would love to accomodate them, but this is the first time I could snag this cabin and it

is during Valentines day. For those that know this Radiance class cabin...ummm...this

would be hard to give up.

I said no. Can you say "Snooze you lose".... :eek: ;) If you want it...book it early.

Just thought that was wierd anyway. I asked the RCI rep if she had ever been on any

of the Radiance class ships, and did she know the difference between 1100 and 1602.

"No...never been on one". Yeah... :rolleyes:

I would have just seen if they were going to make it worth my while. And probably keep the good cabin. But I'm always all ears.

Very kind of you indeed. Not sure I could have given up that Aft cabin...however I am not sure the difference between the Aft & the GS. I am sure it is just as nice.

I have had a GS twice before. They are nice, but still hoping to someday get to see and stay in that beautiful JS wrap. ;)

Glad to hear RCL stepped up & upgraded you...I know it's not the cabin you had planned for...but hope you enjoy all the nice perks of the GS...AND double points...:D

My original cabin was a JS, so same points as a GS. Will miss that huge balcony.

Someday...Someday....

right on my booking.

Congratulations!!:D Giving you an upgrade indicates to me that they were at fault. They don't give upgrades away that easily when they are not at fault!

You are welcome. And as an FYI the CL blows away the Diamond Event:). Enjoy.

Thanks! We have enjoyed the CL before, and still love the DE just as much.

Guess we will just have to enjoy both, and get to meet friends in both locations! ;)

BTW: This cruise makes us Diamond plus.. :)

Congratulations!!:D Giving you an upgrade indicates to me that they were at fault. They don't give upgrades away that easily when they are not at fault!

Was never admitted to me, and not sure we will ever know. Oh well, still better to

be on the ship than left behind. ;)

island lady, you will definitely still enjoy your cruise with your Valentine... You handled this situation composed, and while I feel for you with the outcome, that GS will be amazing and you'll love the beautiful Jewel. I hope you will have red roses, chocolate covered strawberries, and a bottle of your favorite waiting for you in your Suite! Bon Voyage! ;) And congratulations on your status- "BTW: This cruise makes us Diamond plus.."

p.s. hoping that Nancy will share what she finds out from her TA how this unbelievable issue came about.

I have had a GS twice before. They are nice, but still hoping to someday get to see and stay in that beautiful JS wrap. ;)
I just checked GS for 2/11/13 & 2/16/13. If you really want to keep the 1100 room, call Royal Caribbean back and tell them to offer Mike&Nancy a GS for their B2B. There are at least 9 rooms open that would fit a B2B.

That way , you Both would get what you want!

Good luck

John

Archived