Wow...that was wierd....

I'm glad this is now resolved. You are very gracious. Hope you really enjoy the cruise in your GS.

Thanks, we enjoyed it twice on the FOS. Nice layout, but balcony and location not as nice as 1100.

Still won't give up hope that someday I will get lucky and get this cabin in the future. ;)

Island Lady...this is true statement to your screen name...a lady! It was very nice of you to switch cabins. I am sure Nancy will appreciate it and the pp was right, Karma will be good to you! I know you will get that prized aft cabin some day soon!!!

island lady, you will definitely still enjoy your cruise with your Valentine... You handled this situation composed, and while I feel for you with the outcome, that GS will be amazing and you'll love the beautiful Jewel. I hope you will have red roses, chocolate covered strawberries, and a bottle of your favorite waiting for you in your Suite! Bon Voyage! ;) And congratulations on your status- "BTW: This cruise makes us Diamond plus.."

Ahh...thanks!! :)

...and sure...I would love those roses and bubbly!! ;)

And always love sailing on the beautiful Jewel!! :D

Island Lady,

I'm glad that RCI (and of course you) took the high road. I hope they gave you a nice suite in a location to your liking. I'm sure Nancy is very appreciative that this matter is more than likely resolved. Hats off to you both for sharing this very real saga. This was truly a learning experience.

Tom

I just checked GS for 2/11/13 & 2/16/13. If you really want to keep the 1100 room, call Royal Caribbean back and tell them to offer Mike&Nancy a GS for their B2B. There are at least 9 rooms open that would fit a B2B.

That way , you Both would get what you want!

Good luck

John

No, it is a done deal and I feel I did the right thing. At least that is what my

head is telling my heart. ;)

Island Lady...this is true statement to your screen name...a lady! It was very nice of you to switch cabins. I am sure Nancy will appreciate it and the pp was right, Karma will be good to you! I know you will get that prized aft cabin some day soon!!!

Awww...you are so sweet too. Now I am all welling up with tears again and blushing

like a school girl.

You are all so sweet...thanks for sharing and caring!! :)

Curious - what if there had been no GS to move you to? I'm sure this happens from time to time, yes? Someone else would have been bumped and then we have a new thread here? ;):D

Ummm...I could have been a bit more easily swayed with the offer of the RS, if the

GS was not available?? ;) ;)

Ummm...I could have been a bit more easily swayed with the offer of the RS, if the GS was not available?? ;) ;)

Yes, I'm sure. But I was sincerely curious about what if all the upgrades (suites) were already taken. I'm not raining on your parade - I'm truly happy for all of you - was just wondering how they might have resolved this otherwise. :)

What an interesting read! I feel for both parties involved. I'm sure either RCCL or the TA is very happy Island Lady accepted the upgrade. I would not have changed for OBC either.

Just off Serenade in 1602, what a lovely cabin and I was lucky to get her, fabulous. I do have 1100 on the Jewel in Nov and it's a possibility I may be canceling. I will definitely post on CC before I do.

Frankly I don't really want to go to Cozumel again and live in Tampa so Key West isn't that big of a deal, but found 1000 during the WOW sale and that's why I booked it. No flights..etc. I was just gonna sit on the balcony for 5 days.

I am a firm believer in karma and you just received a ton of the good stuff.:):D

Totally agree - karma is real - believe me.

Island Lady-

How very gracious of you to give up the coveted cabin. I would have wanted to keep the JS as opposed to a GS simply for the walk in closet, let alone the wrap around balcony. That has to be bitter pill to swallow. Anyhow, hope you and Nancy both enjoy your cruise and I am crossing my fingers that you are able to snag that cabin again sometime in the near future.

Ok....just got a call from RCI (which I am guessing is due to this thread. ;) ).

At first offered OBC...."Now lets face it. What good would that do for me, I asked

him"?. 5 night cruise, is what I would really call a 4 day. My sea pass bill on most

cruises is almost non-exist. What would I spend the money on? I get free drinks

in the DE, free internet, free photos, and my liquor cabinet at home is still full from

other duty free shopping events. All excursions I book online ahead of time, which goes

on the credit card ahead of time. This OBC would disolve into thin air once I disembark.

Though I really did not want to do it, (as my heart was not in it), I re-interated my

offer of accepting an upgrade. He finally agreed, and now that is the final outcome.

I am now moved to a GS, and hope this will make Nancy happy, as I am sure it should.

Though I asked the RCI rep, it was never admitted to me who messed up her booking...the TA..or RCI.

But I was assured several times that it was not me, and I had done everything

right on my booking.

Maybe someday I will finally get to experience that cabin...sigh.... :(

I will still enjoy my cruise! :)

Well done!

And let me tell you - a GS on Jewel is a whole lot nicer than 1100 (we've stayed in both). You already know of the perks (and don't miss the custom breakfast in Chops, made to order egg dishes), but the cabins themselves are, IMO, a lot nicer and more than make up for not having a wraparound balcony. You can always grab a cup of coffee and go up to the Windjammer aft for a wake view.

So don't have even a twinge of regret over your decision.:)

Wow. Thriller. Could not put it down until I knew how it ended. :D

Wow! Both parties on the same forum and even in the same roll call! :eek: Going to be interesting to see how RCI works this one out!

As alluded to in the post about how it was resolved it might indeed have been the RCI Cruise Critic monitors passing the info along to the "right people". Obvsiously someone with more experience than the original CSR got involved somewhere along the line. If there was not further communication between the affected (afflicted?) parties and RCI (or the TA since this seems to have been a 3-way situation) then something served to prod RCI to action. Many have speculated the level to which posts in this forum affect RCI actions and this might be good indication that can happen.

Ok....just got a call from RCI (which I am guessing is due to this thread. ;) ).

At first offered OBC...."Now lets face it. What good would that do for me, I asked

him"?. 5 night cruise, is what I would really call a 4 day. My sea pass bill on most

cruises is almost non-exist. What would I spend the money on? I get free drinks

in the DE, free internet, free photos, and my liquor cabinet at home is still full from

other duty free shopping events. All excursions I book online ahead of time, which goes

on the credit card ahead of time. This OBC would disolve into thin air once I disembark.

Though I really did not want to do it, (as my heart was not in it), I re-interated my

offer of accepting an upgrade. He finally agreed, and now that is the final outcome.

I am now moved to a GS, and hope this will make Nancy happy, as I am sure it should.

Though I asked the RCI rep, it was never admitted to me who messed up her booking...the TA..or RCI.

But I was assured several times that it was not me, and I had done everything

right on my booking.

Maybe someday I will finally get to experience that cabin...sigh.... :(

I will still enjoy my cruise! :)

Glad that they worked it out. I doubt that RCI would fess up to screwing this up but since they did give in to the upgrade, I think that we all know who the guilty party was here. RCI really had no choice but to make this right for both parties involved. I hope all parties have a great cruise.

All I can say is WOW, that was some read. Sure glad it appears to have worked out for Island Lady and Mike & Nancy. I hope all involved with this debacle can look back next year during the cruise and have a good laugh.

Just read all eight pages of this thread and all I can say is WOW, what a mess - glad everything turned out okay.

The misses and I booked JS1100 on the Brilliance for February of next year - didn't realize it was such a coveted cabin. After reading this thread, I immediately check "My Cruises" to make sure I still have it.

Totally agree - karma is real - believe me.

Island Lady-

How very gracious of you to give up the coveted cabin. I would have wanted to keep the JS as opposed to a GS simply for the walk in closet, let alone the wrap around balcony. That has to be bitter pill to swallow. Anyhow, hope you and Nancy both enjoy your cruise and I am crossing my fingers that you are able to snag that cabin again sometime in the near future.

Thanks Sweetie!! Hope to sail with again soon, and maybe that time I will get lucky

enough to book (and keep ;) ) cabin 1100!! :)

Archived