2006 Itineraries

chessbriar

Asia/New Zealand, etc. will run roughly Nov-March.. that'll be handled by Summit. That is also Infinity's South America Season. Not much was said about Hawaii, but I can only imagine there will be fewer 15 night rt's from CA.

For Bermuda 06, I'd definitely book this summer once the sailings open for bookings. Zenith loses her running mate, Horizon, after this Bermuda season.

For 7 night Caribbean sailings.....all I can say...is book early....there won't be much to pick from.

New ships on the horizon (excuse the pun).... but we'll have to wait for the announcement.

For 7 night Caribbean sailings.....all I can say...is book early....there won't be much to pick from.

New ships on the horizon (excuse the pun).... but we'll have to wait for the announcement.

Hi Ocngypz !

Do you think Millennium will be doing 7 nights out of FLL in 2006/2007 ? Also, is there any hope that some other ship may do extended Caribbean out of Florida ? Or.... is that not going to happen. It sounds like Celebrity is really moving out of the Caribbean even more for 2006/2007. Sorry to see it.

Maybe this will improve, when they have a few more ships, but that is probably 2-3 years away. We will just have to wait and see.

Andy: Where did you hear the 9/10 night Celebrity itineraries were not selling that well? I understood (maybe wrongly) tht the Century's new itinerary except for the 10 night that goes to Panama Canal was doing very well.. hmmm... I'm glad to be doing the 9-nighter next March if they are indeed going to short cruises on Century in 06/07.. those are fine for a "I have to get away NOW" but not for a vacation IMHO only :)

Chessbriar and Ocngypz -

Thank you so much for posting info as you receive it. It's nice to begin getting information from someone, even if there's nothing we can do to book it quite yet. I'm getting married next summer--hopefully Memorial Day weekend onward itinerary--and looking at RCCL Enchantment of the Seas unless Celebrity has a Caribbean itinerary that weekend. Any info you can share is TREMENDOUSLY appreciated.

Thanks!

Traci

Quote by Host Andy

"It sounds like Celebrity is really moving out of the Caribbean even more for 2006/2007. Sorry to see it."

Andy, I was thinking of you during this entire thread. I know you and your parents love sailing from FLL.

Caroline, I was thinking the same thing Andy was~if she is doing well on 9/10 nighters then why would they shorten her to 4/5?

Don't misunderstand, I would hop on her in a heartbeat for the shorter one;) as the longer ones are just too much $$$ for me at this point.

I am still waiting on the Connie/ galaxy Baltic itineraries for summer 2006. I especially loved the Connies trip that is doing Latvia and Lithuanis as well as Estonia. I want to book as soon as they come out in order to save money!

When we were on the Summit we were told that a new package of perks for suites, to increase the differentiation from CC was to be launched - do you think this will coincide with the new programmes?

Quote by Host Andy

"It sounds like Celebrity is really moving out of the Caribbean even more for 2006/2007. Sorry to see it."

Andy, I was thinking of you during this entire thread. I know you and your parents love sailing from FLL.

Caroline, I was thinking the same thing Andy was~if she is doing well on 9/10 nighters then why would they shorten her to 4/5?

Don't misunderstand, I would hop on her in a heartbeat for the shorter one;) as the longer ones are just too much $$$ for me at this point.

Hi Lois !

Yes, Century doing 4/5 night sailings, will be a big disappointment, but I am resolving myself that I will just have to move on to other Cruise Lines, if Celebrity has nothing to offer. The only good news about that, is that the prices for Century will come down even more for shorter sailings.

I am probably going to try Zuiderdam this Summer. I wanted to do Century, but as you know, she won't be here. A good friend just came off of Zuiderdam yesterday, and raved about her. I know you might feel differently though :).

I cannot understand why Century would be relegated to 4/5 nighters, as that is typically what you do with a ship, that you dont care about anymore. I cant imagine that Century should be anywhere near that point. Zenith ? Perhaps understandable, but to do this to Century ? NO way !

Besides, why would Celebrity spend millions of dollars to upgrade Century, ONLY to put her on VERY cheap sailings. It does not make sense at all. I feel that if they upgrade the ship, then she should be doing at least 7 night sailings. That should be the sweet spot for Century !

I guess we will just have to wait & see what things look like, when the new schedules are released. Hopefully, it will make more sense then, but I am not holding my breath for any good news.

we are waiting to book for May 2006 for the 12 night round trip Alaska from San Francisco on Infinity. Hope they keep it till we have a chance to do it. Glad I hadtime today to peruse the boards. thanks for starting this thread Chessbriar

Nothing new to report. As soon as there is I'll pass it along

Have I got this right? In 2006 the ships doing the the Alaska cruises are the same as this year. Mercury out of Seattle and Infinity and Summit out of Vancouver. Thanks for this good thread.

Kruzkeen, no need for the sarcasm:(

Rick is posting what information he is receiving~he is not the one responsible for the itineraries.

In other words, don't shoot the messenger.

We're being very' date=' very, very patient....as we wait !

:) ...... :) ...... :D[/quote']

Hi Boo's Mom !

I think we all are being very patient... and I also feel that Rick is doing a GREAT job with thread. Thanks Rick ! Please keep us posted.

FLLADY,

This one's for you. Do I hear a hurray!!!!:D

12 night out of San Francisco Sailing on May 8 & 20 2006

San Fracisco

at Sea

Victoria BC

at Sea

Hubbard Glacier

Skagway

Juneau

Icy Strai Point

Sitka

Prince Rubert BC

At Sea

At Sea

San Francisco

I know I shouldn't get too excited, but that is almost impossible for me. We live to cruise! :D Our TA who is also our friend won't be home for another week and a half, so hoping by that time Celebrity will have their new schedules posted. Just knowing that they still have it on their schedule is a great thing for us! We had waited once before to book a burmuda cruise leaving from Ft Lauderdale, and that year Celebrity stopped leaving from FL. Wishing for another cruise line to do it. My husband is disabled and can't fly for long hours so we have to take what we can get from Florida. Not complaining, because there are plenty to choose from. Thanks again chessbriar.

Archived