How much for a cab from FLL to Oasis?

kahliasmom

We will be landing at 9:00am. I want to get right over to the pier to be on asap. My travel agent booked a transfer but they don't start picking up till 11:30 (unless I read it incorrectly). Will be dd10 and myself with only carry on luggage. My parents took our luggage to FL in Jan so we wouldn't have to pay for checked luggage. Earliest I have ever packed for a cruise. Lol.

We will be landing at 9:00am. I want to get right over to the pier to be on asap. My travel agent booked a transfer but they don't start picking up till 11:30 (unless I read it incorrectly). Will be dd10 and myself with only carry on luggage. My parents took our luggage to FL in Jan so we wouldn't have to pay for checked luggage. Earliest I have ever packed for a cruise. Lol.

If your parents took your luggage... why dont u get them to pick you up and take you to the pier?

Yeah, you wait around forever for those buses! We stopped doing it, and take the cab, it's $90 plus a tip from MIA to PE and only about $15-20 from FLL to PE, depending on port traffic; if you have more than 2, its totally a wash! If you get there at 11, you might get started checking in if there has been no delay. You can be onboard by 12, otherwise it's not till after one.

BTW, did something similar- packed the summer stuff and shipped it to mom in Fl, she will bring it back in her van in April- we won't need it before then here in NE!;)

If your parents took your luggage... why dont u get them to pick you up and take you to the pier?

I thought of that. My TA didn't think that was a good idea and I tend to agree. They will have been driving since early that morning from Tampa area. They're in their 70's and driving into the airport would be too hectic and stressful. I don't want to do that to them.

Yeah, you wait around forever for those buses!

BTW, did something similar- packed the summer stuff and shipped it to mom in Fl, she will bring it back in her van in April- we won't need it before then here in NE!;)

Sounds good. I'll tell my TA to cancel the transfer and we'll take a cab. She and my parents think I should wait at the airport but I'd rather wait at the pier.

Lol. Yeah I don't need my summer stuff here in NY either. I ended up taking a last minute trip to Disney in Jan and had to borrow luggage though.

Sounds good. I'll tell my TA to cancel the transfer and we'll take a cab. She and my parents think I should wait at the airport but I'd rather wait at the pier.

Lol. Yeah I don't need my summer stuff here in NY either. I ended up taking a last minute trip to Disney in Jan and had to borrow luggage though.

You won't wait long at the pier, unless something unusual is happening, ( such as ship needs sanitizing, injury or accident needs investigating, or the ship is late) you'll be processed and can sit until they board you. That's more exciting than the airport;)

Have a great time!

We flew into FLL at 9 am also. Took a cab for about $13 + tip. We were at the cruise terminal by 9:20. They opened the doors around 9:45 and we were the first in the general boarding section. They let us start boarding around 11:15 and we were one of the first to Park Cafe. If you get on much later, you'll be waiting in a line. Then we headed up to the beach pool and changed into our bathing suits that we had in our carry on and waited for our room to open at 1:00 pm. My wife went to the room and our luggage was already there and she pulled it into the room and unpacked some stuff and met me back up at the pool where we stayed until the muster drill. Was a lovely start to the cruise! :)

Archived